Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund (3226 Views)

INEC Responds To Pdp’s Allegation Of Being 'heavily Bribed' By APC / Kogi Borrowed Billions From Banks Despite Paris Club Refund & Bailouts (Photos) / How Supreme Court Judges Were Bribed By Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by osinbanjoisaliar: 7:57am On May 03, 2017
The Presidential Initiative for the North East, PINE, became a centre of misery entrepreneurship under the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, with companies raking in, through fraudulent procurement process, billions of Naira and paying kickbacks to the embattled cabinet secretary, according to bank documents and the report of the Senate Committee on the Mounting Humanitarian Crisis in the North East. PREMIUM TIMES has had a rare access to the report which sums up the evidence the Senate submitted to the Yemi Osinbajo-led presidential investigative committee probing allegations of contract fraud and breach of due process against Mr. Lawal. The report is due for presentation before the Senate this week. PINE was established to help coordinate and lead efforts at rebuilding infrastructure and rehabilitate millions of victims of Boko Haram insurgency that has devastated Nigeria’s North East. About 100,000 people have died since the insurgency began in 2009 according to official figures. As shown in the Senate report – with evidences of bank transactions as well as Central Bank of Nigeria, Corporate Affairs Commission and Bureau of Public Procurement documents – Mr. Lawal superintended the conversion of the agency to a criminal, and bizarre money making enterprise, awarding contracts to cronies whose firms did not pass the requirements set by the law. Some of the beneficiaries paid parts of the proceeds of the contracts to Mr. Lawal’s company and his private account in tranches. After receiving payments from PINE, at least five companies separately paid about N450 million to the Eco Bank account (182001809) of Rholavision Engineering Limited owned by Mr. Lawal according to CAC and self-admission, and his private account (0003004417) with Diamond Bank, bank statements showed. According to a CBN confirmation attached to the report, Mr. Lawal was still the signatory to the account of Rholavision until February 15, 2017 which shares same BVN with his personal account and 13 other accounts in commercial banks. Between March 29, 2016 and April 20, 2016, Josmon Technologies Limited transferred a sum N317 million to Rholavision, belonging to Mr. Lawal, after receiving two “grass-cutting” contracts worth N530.6 million for the removal of invasive plant species in Yobe State. The transfers were made in tranches, mostly N10 million per transaction, and N47 million on the last day. For the “grass-cutting” contract, Mr. Lawal’s Rholavision was awarded the consultancy contract on March 8, 2016, while the owner was in the service of the government as the federal cabinet secretary in breach of Nigeria’s code of conduct for public officers and the Public Procurement Act. But apart from that contract which formed the basis of the call by the Senate that Mr. Lawal be removed and prosecuted by President Muhammadu Buhari last December, the suspended SGF was into other fraudulent deals with companies using PINE as conduit pipe. For instance, on August 8, 2016, JMT Global Technologies Ltd transferred N30 million from its Zenith Bank account 114357188 to Rholavision. Then, JMT had just got eight contracts for “rehabilitations/renovations in Adamawa” State for the sum of N199.4 million. Also Messrs Adamawa Boreholes and Drilling Companies Ltd transferred N18
million to Mr. Lawal’s company, after clinching N54.8 million contract to renovate seven classrooms at Yeskule Girls Secondary School, Michika Adamawa State.
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/230224-exclusive-shady-companies-bribed-sgf-babachir-lawal-make-billions-boko-haram-victims-fund.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by osinbanjoisaliar: 8:00am On May 03, 2017
so it is in buhari's govt that boko haram turned cash cow for members of the govt. APC, i fear una o!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:07am On May 03, 2017
What about the $50m?
We cannot be distracted by shifting all attention to SGF. We want to know about the main issue, which is the $50m allegedly discovered by Magu and his boys.

Also, who will receive the report from the VeePee? I hope it's not some appointee of the President?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by crackerspub: 8:09am On May 03, 2017
i miss my old monitor, now i just they feel like jjc
Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by Firefire(m): 8:11am On May 03, 2017
Stealing & corruption taken to new heights under APC. embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by azaino: 8:30am On May 03, 2017
and yet buhari was reluctant to investigate this man. Even the suspension on Mr Lawal was by presidency and not the president.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by three: 8:37am On May 03, 2017
A whole SGF?!

and the President was unaware? undecided

When I tell una say una suppose dey read Jeffrey Archer una no go gree!

NA TODAY?!

#CleanSweepBabachir

4 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by gurunlocker: 8:42am On May 03, 2017
Reason why some people won't want Boko Haram insurgency to end. They earn a living there!

5 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by olujastro: 8:46am On May 03, 2017
His crime: he awarded a govt contract to his company. Reports say he executed the contract. But the good news is, this is treated as corruption and he's been suspended. This shows progress in Nigeria of today.
Unlike those who directly stole millions and billions of dollars from the CBN without any contract and our Ineffectual Buffoon (aka stupid Nigerians hero) of sad memory said Stealing is not corruption.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by baralatie(m): 8:49am On May 03, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
so it is in buhari's govt that boko haram turned cash cow for members of the govt. APC, i fear una o!
hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by MDCCCXXXII: 8:51am On May 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
What about the $50m?
We cannot be distracted by shifting all attention to SGF. We want to know about the main issue, which is the $50m allegedly discovered by Magu and his boys.

Also, who will receive the report from the VeePee? I hope it's not some appointee of the President?
Funny, we didn't read you raise this pathetic noise when Sanusi Lamido made mention of $20 million missing?

5 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by olujastro: 8:56am On May 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
What about the $50m?

Keep calm and reduce the wailing. The report is scheduled to come out this week. The committee was given 2wks.
Una hero never fought corruption and none of you made noise about it. Instead you supported them even for reelection that would have sunk Nigeria the more.
Let our hardworking govt do what is needful the right way. No pressure from the real supporters.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by Bamfo112: 9:01am On May 03, 2017
i cant understand

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by Rose92: 9:03am On May 03, 2017
Nigeria has seized more than $10.3bn in looted cash and assets in the past year under President Muhammadu Buhari's anti-corruption campaign, the west African country's information minister said.

In addition, the government is expecting the repatriation of more than $330m stolen from the public treasury and stashed in banks abroad, Lai Mohammed said in a statement on Saturday. He said most of the money is in Switzerland.

Mohammed did not identify former and current officials accused of looting public funds, though the government had promised to publish them.

The minister did not say how much of the money has been returned voluntarily by former officials hoping for forgiveness or a plea bargain.

He said that the funds include $583.5m recovered in cash and $9.7bn in cash and assets under interim forfeiture including sea-going vessels, buildings and land. Essay Writing Help

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by CharlotteFlair: 9:04am On May 03, 2017
Posters above crucifying the SGF are on a long thing!! Lawal is fronting for buhari and now he has to take the fall.

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by DrGoodman: 9:08am On May 03, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Posters above crucifying the SGF are on a long thing!! Lawal is fronting for buhari and now he has to take the fall.

Seems most probable. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by Nobody: 10:06am On May 03, 2017
Why do I think these people are talking about me all the time grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by goldenceo1: 10:10am On May 03, 2017
Nigeria is now a failed state under APC

2 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by kenny987(f): 10:28am On May 03, 2017
Where is that loony Lauretta Onochie with her crappy defence of the SGF?

3 Likes

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by dannytoe(m): 11:17am On May 03, 2017
I knew osinbajo's led panel will be very fare, as he wont want to stain his hands with corrupt practices.........................meanwhile as for the grasscutter lawal, he should just know that Nnamdi kanu's room in kuje prison is still vacant....................i see buhari very angry and kuje loading.
Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by CharlotteFlair: 12:02pm On May 03, 2017
dannytoe:
I knew osinbajo's led panel will be very fare, as he wont want to stain his hands with corrupt practices.........................meanwhile as for the grasscutter lawal, he should just know that Nnamdi kanu's room in kuje prison is still vacant....................i see buhari very angry and kuje loading.
A man whose house is on fire doesn't chase rats. Buhari cannot eat nor drink and so consequently cannot shii or pee. Is this kind of person capable of getting angry with another person. You people should allow buhari die in peace biko.

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by Tazdroid(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2017
Corruption ordinarily is a phenomenon that could be tackled head on with the hopes of triumphing.

All of that is completely alien to the Nigerian setting.

So many demented elements have flooded the system and have drained the nation many times over which is enough to set off multiple implosions as we've been witnessing of recent.
Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by wanimo: 1:34pm On May 03, 2017
If I don't see this man in jail, then I shall shall burn my Nigerian passport and trek to Somali....

Anti corruption fight my foot
Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by abumeinben(m): 2:47pm On May 03, 2017
Wait...Just wait.

First way to catch these northern polithieves is when a graduate of Islamic studies start having engineering and construction kompinis....Like ticolo Engineering services or tourache servicing firm, which rake in billions yet they got no websites.

And the same he goat "boldfully" asked "who is the presidency?"
I don't know whether na Buhari don suffer or Nigerians for the hands of these two-bit piece of eggplant creatures.
Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by DamiBukola: 3:13pm On May 03, 2017
MDCCCXXXII:
Funny, we didn't read you raise this pathetic noise when Sanusi Lamido made mention of $20 million missing?
shameless dude, Jonathan Government was corrupt that is why we kicked him out so stop this your back and forward complain of Jonathan's government.

Buhari brought in saints and this was the man that said "corruption was fighting back", whereas he was the corruption itself.

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by DropShot: 3:18pm On May 03, 2017
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
What about the $50m?

[/s]
Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by Jaabioro(m): 3:27pm On May 03, 2017
Many moles are in Buhari government...
Re: Osinbanjo's Panel: SGF Bribed By Companies To loot BILLIONS from Boko Haram Fund by MDCCCXXXII: 3:46pm On May 03, 2017
DamiBukola:

shameless dude, Jonathan Government was corrupt that is why we kicked him out so stop this your back and forward complain of Jonathan's government.

Buhari brought in saints and this was the man that said "corruption was fighting back", whereas he was the corruption itself.
Ignorant dude, yes Jonathan's government was corrupt, yes we kicked him out, but what you fail to know, that is, outside your blazing ignorance is that those who celebrated Jonathan's corrupt ways, have no business shouting about Buhari being corrupt.

Or, is corruption different just because it's Buhari and not Jonathan that is in office?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Catholic Reverend Sisters(about 10 Of Them) Sing And Dance For Biafra / . / BREAKING: Setback For Ambode... Tinubu ‘endorses’ Sanwonolu To Become Lagos Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.