Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Ooni Of Ife: I Will Continue To Respect Oba Of Lagos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife: I Will Continue To Respect Oba Of Lagos (387 Views)

Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife / I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife: I Will Continue To Respect Oba Of Lagos by sirequity(m): 8:07am On May 03, 2017
OBA Adeyeye Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, has reacted to the perceived face-off between him and the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu.

The reaction followed the content of a video, which showed Oba Akiolu as not properly responding to a greeting by Oba Ogunwusi at a public gathering.

Speaking on Tuesday in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, Oba Ogunwusi said: “We did not have a problem.

“It is being overblown by the media.

“Like I said, I respect him.

“I had a relationship with him when I was a prince and when I was an entrepreneur in Lagos.

“I will continue to respect him.

“It is very unlikely that you will see a successful Nigerian that has not passed through Lagos.

“So, give honour to whom honour is due.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/05/ooni-of-ife-i-will-continue-to-respect-oba-of-lagos/

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Ooni Of Ife: I Will Continue To Respect Oba Of Lagos by HungerBAD: 8:08am On May 03, 2017
Well said Ooni.

Not all Lagosians have visited his Idumota Kingdom,especially those living in the mainland.

Some people were born and bred in Lagos State,and still dont know where Idumota is.

I am just trying to imagine if he is the ruler of Ikeja. That means say,this man no go let anybody he no like go Airport,or computer Village.

Or he fit even stop person to go chop for that Amala Joint for Alausa.

God forbid.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: I Will Continue To Respect Oba Of Lagos by josephine123: 8:08am On May 03, 2017
good one .. u re a real leader
Re: Ooni Of Ife: I Will Continue To Respect Oba Of Lagos by sirequity(m): 8:09am On May 03, 2017
Talk true the guy really disgraced you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: I Will Continue To Respect Oba Of Lagos by Flatties: 8:21am On May 03, 2017
Well said like an omoluabi..
The gods will fight your battles.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: I Will Continue To Respect Oba Of Lagos by Bamfo112: 8:43am On May 03, 2017
WE well cultured

(1) (Reply)

Positivenaija Top News: Week 24, 2017 / According To A New Study / Positivenaija Top News: Week 25, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.