Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

BREAKING: Ex-niger Governor Aliyu, Umar Nasko Granted N600m Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Ex-niger Governor Aliyu, Umar Nasko Granted N600m Bail (396 Views)

Aliyu Umar Is Dead (Ex-Kano Attorney-General) / Banbangida Aliyu & Abdullahi Maibasira Lead Atiku & Nasko Campaign In Suleja / Photos From Ex-niger Delta Militant Leader Tompolo's Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Ex-niger Governor Aliyu, Umar Nasko Granted N600m Bail by ugosonics: 3:17pm On May 03, 2017
https://flashreporters.com/2017/05/03/breaking-ex-niger-governor-aliyu-umar-nasko-granted-n600m-bail/

Former Niger state Governor, Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu and his Chief of Staff, Umar Nasko has been granted bail by a Minna High Court Judge, Justice Aliyu Mayaki.

Aliyu and Nasko were arraigned last week by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on a five count charge bothering on the misappropriation of over N4.5 billion belonging to the Niger state government.

The duo were remanded in the Minna Medium Security Prisons in Tunga last week Monday.

The bail conditions for Aliyu include a N150 million and a surety with property valued at N200 million, while Nasko was granted bail of N100 million and a surety with landed property worth N150 million.

Counsel to Umar Nasko, Mamman Mike Usman said the bail conditions for his client was too harsh but it would be met.

Re: BREAKING: Ex-niger Governor Aliyu, Umar Nasko Granted N600m Bail by Afonjashapmouth: 3:18pm On May 03, 2017
Can someone explain how a Nigerian under 60yrs claiming to be a civil servant come up with some ridiculous amounts and they claim it's clean? Nowadays I hear unbearable figures and yet it belongs to one man we don't know. I fail to believe Nigeria is broke, if there is a body monitoring the monetary part of this country based on earning and spending I think all this poo will be off ground.
Re: BREAKING: Ex-niger Governor Aliyu, Umar Nasko Granted N600m Bail by menstrualpad: 3:19pm On May 03, 2017
cool
They should reject it.
Re: BREAKING: Ex-niger Governor Aliyu, Umar Nasko Granted N600m Bail by greenermodels: 3:31pm On May 03, 2017
i guess we're now in the era of unreasonable bail conditions ordered by the executive and delivered by the judiciary. this type of bail conditions are a disgrace to the judiciary.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Buhari? / Electricity Tariff May Rise In July 2017 / Saturday Newspaper Headlines - Catch All The Weekend Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.