Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime (1085 Views)

Chimaroke Nnamani, Sullivan Chime, Ekweremadu Throwback Photo / The Body Buried Today Is Not Abba Kyari, He Was Cremated In Ikoyi -kemi Olunloyo / Saraki Says Kayode Ogundamisi's Body Should Be Cremated Over Leaked Audio Clip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 03, 2017
While some PDP pretenders are hiding under the guise of Biafuro, some are not hiding their "Any Government In Power (AGIP) / Anywhere Bele Face (ABF)", style of politics.

PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-Gov. Chime

A former governor of Enugu State, Mr Sullivan Chime, says his decision to join the APC is to provide direction for upcoming politicians in Enugu State.
Chime made the announcement on Wednesday in Enugu while briefing newsmen on his plan to formally register as a member of the APC. He had on March 16 this year, announced that he had dumped the PDP on whose platform he served as governor for eight years. After announcing his exit from the PDP, he described the former ruling party as “dead and cremated. “I have now made my consultations with all ward, local government and state chairmen of the APC and the entire state executive of the party, including the national leadership. “They have assured us that we can come in and I am excited about the prospect of joining the party.” Chime described the APC as the only viable party with national outlook in the country. “This is the only party that can take any politician to their destination and I pray that what happened to the PDP does not happen to APC.”
The former governor said that he would on May 6, register formally with the APC at his country home in Udi/Agbudu Ward in the Udi Local Government Area. “I am moving to the APC because a lot of people are looking up to me for direction. I ended my journey in 2015 but I still have my supporters looking for guidance.” Chime said that he was neither joining the APC to fight anybody nor seeking for any elective position as there was none at the moment. He said that the APC had come to stay in Enugu State, noting that if things continued the way they were “I can assure you that the APC will win the state in 2019. “Change has come to Enugu and it is like a movement.” He said it was regrettable that his decision to exercise his constitutional right by joining any political party of his choice had elicited spates of violence, sponsored by his detractors in the PDP. “Since I announced my exit from the PDP, I have been branded a total failure. “Some people think I am nursing the ambition to go to the senate and the best thing to do is to run me down.” The former governor said that his supporters at various Local Government Areas in the state had been consistently chastised for their decision to join him to the APC. He cited an instance where a Local Government chairman in the state invaded and incited violence at a venue where APC chieftains were having a meeting. “It will be unfortunate if people re-introduce violence in the politics of the state after we worked hard to stem it. “You cannot stop people from meeting simply because you are a local government chairman and they do not belong to your party,” said Chime.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/pdp-dead-cremated-ex-gov-chime/

1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by sarrki(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2017
Sullivan chime my Guy

One of the most trusted politician across the Niger

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by Sunnymatey(m): 7:16pm On May 03, 2017
We have no political ideology in 9ja
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by forMom(f): 7:17pm On May 03, 2017
Actually it's true.
PDP is dead but that doesn't mean APC is alive and kicking anyways
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by kinibigdeal(m): 7:17pm On May 03, 2017
Well a dead party can still rise again but a buried party like APC will end up in disaster. APC is resting on MOAB bomb
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 03, 2017
sarrki:
Sullivan chime my Guy

Hahahahaha. So, he is now your guy? Ezi okwu.
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by forMom(f): 7:23pm On May 03, 2017
sarrki:
Sullivan chime my Guy

Serious?

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by HITdemUP: 7:39pm On May 03, 2017
I react to situations base on the information at my disposal. PDP might be dead , but this current APC Is a pure replica of the dead PDP. Let's stop deceiving ourselves and face reality. Although I'm a Buhari fanatic, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't say the fact . I'm yet to see any major achievement since the inception of this government. As a Nigerian patriot , I pray and hope for a better and brighter Nigeria. I want to use this medium to wish our dear
PRESIDENT, MUHAMMAD BUHARI A SPEEDY RECOVERY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 03, 2017
HITdemUP:
I react to situations base on the information at my disposal. PDP might be dead , but this current APC Is a pure replica of the dead PDP. Let's stop deceiving ourselves and face reality. Although I'm a Buhari fanatic, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't say the fact . I'm yet to see any major achievement since the inception of this government. As a Nigerian patriot , I pray and hope for a better and brighter Nigeria. I want to use this medium to wish our dear
PRESIDENT, MUHAMMAD BUHARI A SPEEDY RECOVERY.

Major achievement does not appear to be what you can see within 20 months of an administration. Moreso, an administration that did not inherit much in terms of savings. An administration that is experiencing fall in Govt revenue due to the fall in oil price. An administration that inherited a mono product economy and where virtually all basic products are imported.
But certain things that excites Patriotic Nigerians are :
1. Plan and progress made towards 2019 when petroleum product imports will be a thing of the past.
2. Plan and progress made towards end of 2018 when importation of staple food such as rice will be a thing of the past as we would have attain self sufficiency in local rice production.
3. Plan and progress made towards rail projects (Lagos - Ibadan - Kano), Lagos - Calabar Rail projects etc , Some of which are planned for completion by 2019.
4. Improved power supply and plan made towards achieving 7,000 to 10,000 MW of electricity by 2019
5. Progress made towards the war on terror, Boko Haram and other security challenges
6. Progress made in loot recovery and anti corruption war.
7. On going rehabilitation of Federal roads connecting virtually all the states in Nigeria.

Usually there is no easy and quick fix to what has been destroyed over and for many years. Most Project takes 3 to 5 years to complete, so if you don't see "Major achievements" yet, it means it is "Work In Progress".
You will see major achievements soon

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by madridguy(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2017
Mr Sullivan Chime must be a Hausa/Fulani man tongue- PDP e-yoot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:12pm On May 03, 2017
I am moving to the APC because a lot of people are looking up to me for direction. I ended my journey in 2015 but I still have my supporters looking for guidance.” Chime said that he was neither joining the APC to fight anybody nor seeking for any elective position as there was none at the moment. He said that the APC had come to stay in Enugu State, noting that if things continued the way they were[b] “I can assure you that the APC will win the state in 2019. “Change has come to Enugu and it is like a movement.”[/b]

Chime now in APC

Nnamdi Cownu officially in PDP!

What a time to be alive!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by HITdemUP: 8:21pm On May 03, 2017
deji15:

Major achievement does not appear to be what you can see within 20 months of an administration. Moreso, an administration that did not inherit much in terms of savings. An administration that is experiencing fall in Govt revenue due to the fall in oil price. An adminstration that inherited a mono producct economy and where virtually all basic products are imported.
But one thing that excites Patriotic Nigerians are :
1. Plan and progress made towards 2019 when petroleum product imports will be a thing of the past.
2. Plan and progress made towards end of 2018 when importation of staple food as rice will be a thing of the past as we would have attain self sufficiency in local rice production.
3. Plan and progress made towards rail projects (Lagos - Ibadan - Kano), Lagos - Calabar Rail projects etc , Some of which are planned for completion by 2019.
4. Improved power supply and plan made towards achieving 7,000 to 10,000 MW of electricity by 2019
5. Progress made towards the war on terror, Boko Haram and other security challenges
6. Progress made in loot recovery and anti corruption war.
7. On going rehabilitation of Federal roads connecting virtually all the states in Nigeria.

Usually there is no easy and quick fix to what has been destroyed over and for many years. Most Project takes 3 to 5 years to complete, so if you don't see "Major" achievements, yet, it means it is "Work In Progress".
You will see major achievements soon

I respect you for being diplomatic in discharge of your rebuttal . However, we shouldn't make it a daily routine to always defend the activities of the goverment . This is a democratical system of government, It's a goverment by the consent of those being governed. It gives us the right and privilege to be critical of any govermental policy we don't find appealing , as a way to help it improve in discharge of its constitutional duty . No goverment will improve if its citizen keeps singing its praise all the time, If we don't push them who will .

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:27pm On May 03, 2017
APC is dead...
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 03, 2017
HITdemUP:

I respect you for being diplomatic in discharge of your rebuttal . However, we shouldn't make it a daily routine to always defend the activities of the goverment . This is a democratical system of government, It's a goverment by the consent of those being governed. It gives us the right and privilege to be critical of any govermental policy we don't find appealing , as a way to help it improve in discharge of its constitutional duty . No goverment will improve if its citizen keeps singing its praise all the time, If we don't push them who will .
Thanks for your nice words and for your mature response too.
I understand. I also know there are areas where they could do better.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by MDCCCXXXII: 8:30pm On May 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
APC is dead...
Wrong! PDP is dead!!! APC aren't the ones going to court about who will be party chairman, are they?, ye great political prostitute. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by ikaboy: 8:42pm On May 03, 2017
Even tonyebarcarnista is aware. Forgetcall those empty defense

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 03, 2017
MDCCCXXXII:
Wrong! PDP is dead!!! APC aren't the ones going to court about who will be party chairman, are they?, ye great political prostitute. tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by iksmoore(m): 9:04pm On May 03, 2017
It's unfortunate that ex-gov chime will descend this low to pronounce the party through which he climbed to his political career dead. Most politicians in Enugu were nothing before they joined politics . Now some have jettisoned the geese that once laid the golden egg . instead of coming together to solve the party's problem you prefer to leave and went on to pronounce it dead . Posterity will not forgive you for this action.
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 03, 2017
forMom:
Actually it's true.
PDP is dead but that doesn't mean APC is alive and kicking anyways

Pdp is much alive but in apc. The earlier we get use to it that political party is just a name but was makes it good or bad is the individual the better for all of us
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by menstrualpad: 6:30am On May 04, 2017
iksmoore:
It's unfortunate that ex-gov chime will descend this low to pronounce the party through which he climbed to his political career dead. Most politicians in Enugu were nothing before they joined politics . Now some have jettisoned the geese that once laid the golden egg . instead of coming together to solve the party's problem you prefer to leave and went on to pronounce it dead . Posterity will not forgive you for this action.
Did he not abandon his wife for her younger sister?
Re: PDP Is Dead And Cremated- Ex-gov. Chime by nonsobaba: 8:06am On May 04, 2017
menstrualpad:

Did he not abandon his wife for her younger sister?
How does it affect the fact that he was the best governor enugu state has ever had? Have you seen anything being done in enugu state by Ugwuanyi other than making enugu people become free and regular source of suya to fulanis?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All That Is Wrong With The Nigerian Mentality- Restoration(3) - Revolution / (pics) Rochas Okorocha Gradually Campaigning Himself Into 2019 / Why Nigeria Is Always Happy, Or Naturally Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.