Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,472 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu (1669 Views)

See EFCC Reply To Twitter User Asking Them To Giveaway Of The Loot Collected / See EFCC Reply On Whether Nigeria Will Be Great Again / Savage: See How OFFICIAL EFCC Reply A Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Realdeals(m): 8:35pm On May 03, 2017
The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has been drawn to the alarm purportedly raised by the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu at Wednesday May 3 plenary of the upper chamber of the National Assembly. The distinguished Senator alleged that there were plots by the Commission to set him up by planting monies and guns in his residence.

Ekweremadu who claimed that he was tipped off about the purported plot by an “EFCC covert investigative journalist” privy to the design, told his colleagues that the agency had secured a warrant and plans to stormed his home on May 6, 2017, under the guise that it was working on information provided by a whistle blower regarding "huge amount of money of (sic) currency in the apartment said to be belonging to you Ike Ekweremadu.” He said going by the script of plot he is to be arrested, detained for three weeks and charged to court while his constituents would be mobilized to protest and seek his recall from the National Assembly!

The Commission wishes to state in very strong terms that it is not aware of any plot to set up Ekweremadu for any arrest. If any agency is plotting to plant monies and guns in Ekweremadu’s residence, it is certainly not the EFCC as such antics are alien to the Commission.

Nevertheless, the Commission is worried by the alarm and the fact that the highly-regarded Deputy President of the Nigerian senate would go public with such unverified information without first double-checking with the Commission. This is not only very strange but smacks of a scripted propaganda campaign to distract the Commission by putting it on the defensive.

It must be emphatically stated for the benefit of Senator Ekweremadu and others who share similar misconception and jaundiced views of the EFCC, that the Commission does not need any grand plot to arrest and prosecute him if he is found to have violated any law that EFCC enforces. He does not belong in the category of public officers that enjoy immunity from arrest and prosecution by law enforcement agencies.

Once again, the alleged plot by EFCC to raid Senator Ekweremadu's house on May 6 2017, exists only in the very fertile imagination of the Distinguished Deputy Senate President's questionable "source", whom he claims is "Close to the EFCC".

The Commission’s candid advice to Ekweremadu is to sleep easy if he is not involved in the looting spree that seems to be the pastime of many Nigerians in the corridors of power. Let it be known however, that there will be no amount of scare-mongering that will dissuade the EFCC from vigorously enforcing its mandate to rid Nigeria of corruption.

Source: https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2017/05/03/its-a-lie-efcc-reply-ekweremadu/

3 Likes

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by smartty68(m): 8:37pm On May 03, 2017
"The Commission’s candid advice to Ekweremadu is to sleep easy if he is not involved in the looting spree that seems to be the pastime of many Nigerians in the corridors of power."

@Bold, EFCC always have a way of replying to anyone who accuse them wrongly.

Kai! Ekweremadu would be sleeping with one eye open for the next 3days

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Qmerit(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2017
I have told him to go bout his job and fear not if he's clean and I also advised him to sue you (efcc) if you ransack his house unlawfully with evidence... Cause he was crying like a baby....this morning that you would come to his house soon....
#Adoke, wike now Ik are up with a single#"EFCC want to plant in my house"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by nero2face: 8:40pm On May 03, 2017
I don't blame EKWEREMADU, Things that happen in Nigeria politics are frightening, ALAMIEYESEIGHA was smartly set up by OBASANJO and everybody believed OBASANJO was fighting corruption, Nigeria politicians are too corrupt that they fight their enemy with which ever way they can...now that EKWEREMADU has cried out, EFCC (and their Grand Master) will trade with caution while dealing with His case

4 Likes

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by hakeem4(m): 8:41pm On May 03, 2017
Please how do I blow whistle?
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by hisgrace090: 8:54pm On May 03, 2017
Efcc must you reply everything?
We know what this people are up to. This are the desperados.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 03, 2017
I think it will be imperative to sue all these politicians trying to whip up sentiment.
U cannot accuse a supposed Nobel government agency like that without fact.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Blackfire(m): 9:10pm On May 03, 2017
Corrupt politicians vs incompetent agency trying to confuse the already weakened citizens.
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by OreMI22: 9:16pm On May 03, 2017
Before Nko,
Did you expect them to own up to their dirty pranks?

2 Likes

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by doctokwus: 9:25pm On May 03, 2017
The ever fearless EFCC under Magu.
We know d tactics of d likes of Ekweremadu.Unfortunately he has some brainless followers that wud defend his fear induced blackmail of his corrupt antecedents.
I know one day soon,d forged document him and Saraki used to mount d senate leadership,amongts his other corrupt deeds,will come to haunt him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:33pm On May 03, 2017
doctokwus:
We know d tactics of d likes of Ekweremadu.Unfortunately he has some brainless followers that wud defend his fear induced blackmail of his corrupt antecedents.
I know one day soon,d forged document him and Saraki used to mount d senate leadership,amongts his other corrupt deeds,will come to haunt him.
not when PDP takes over, saraki and co would hand-over the helms of affair to PDP.............................................
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by omenkaLives(m): 9:37pm On May 03, 2017
smartty68:
"The Commission’s candid advice to Ekweremadu is to sleep easy if he is not involved in the looting spree that seems to be the pastime of many Nigerians in the corridors of power."

@Bold, EFCC always have a way of replying to anyone who accuse them wrongly.

Kai! Ekweremadu would be sleeping with one eye open for the next 3days
cheesy cheesy

The sleep easy part got me. grin

1 Like

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Themonster: 9:39pm On May 03, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
cheesy cheesy

The sleep easy part got me. grin

[/s]
shatap

2 Likes

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by omenkaLives(m): 9:39pm On May 03, 2017
kenonze:
I think it will be imperative to sue all these politicians trying to weep up sentiment.
In Nigeria you actually can and will go scot free. All that one needs to do is cry religious or ethnic persecution and he's home free!!

2 Likes

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by subtlemee(f): 9:41pm On May 03, 2017
Is it possible for EFFC to enter a home and plant money successfully without being seen or this is just a plot to scare away EFCC or *i told you so* tactic if a whistle is blown at him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by eagleeye2: 9:46pm On May 03, 2017
When Lai is your mentor, everything becomes a Lie.
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by eagleeye2: 9:48pm On May 03, 2017
kenonze:
I think it will be imperative to sue all these politicians trying to weep up sentiment.
Whip not weep up sentiment. Abi na cry dem dey cry?
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by ipobbigot7: 9:54pm On May 03, 2017
Ekweremadu in the name of propaganda and jungle politics allowing his dignity and honour to be rubbished. Even a quack politician will not descend so low to be making such a childish allegation.

1 Like

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by ipobbigot7: 10:01pm On May 03, 2017
subtlemee:
Is it possible for EFFC to enter a home and plant money successfully without being seen or this is just a plot to scare away EFCC or *i told you so* tactic if a whistle is blown at him?

Especially according to his claim when the money is a huge cash and not some parcel. He probably thought the masses are fools.

1 Like

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 03, 2017
But where is lalasticlala now?
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Tazdroid(m): 11:13pm On May 03, 2017
Where d screenshots of the "epic" reply?
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Justuceleague2: 11:32pm On May 03, 2017
Marafaka knows he has cash at home, he's trying to gather sympathy before hand cos some brainless youths will bring banners and start protesting

He can't move it because he's being watched

If the ediots house goes up in flames then we know it's coverup

More importantly, EFCC will never leak information like that unless they want you to panic

. Finally if the tipoff is true then EFCC will come earlier than speculated time

It's common sense cheesy

1 Like

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Vicolan: 5:29am On May 04, 2017
Keep the lying continue .....
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by intruxive(m): 5:43am On May 04, 2017
Ekewere madu,was yhis b4 the judas advert u guys sponsored or after? undecided Trying to give efcc a bad name by force
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by eunisam: 5:49am On May 04, 2017
EFCC deris God o
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Splashme: 5:53am On May 04, 2017
OreMI22:
Before Nko,
Did you expect them to own up to their dirty pranks?
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by Newbiee: 6:37am On May 04, 2017
The greedy senator just blew his own whistle to deny poor Nigerians from benefitting from the 5% whistle blowing allowance.
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by kokosin: 6:39am On May 04, 2017
Efcc Na buhari police

Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by sinistermind(m): 8:07am On May 04, 2017
But there is no smoke without fire...
Re: It's A Lie, EFCC Reply Ekweremadu by IVORY2009(m): 11:04am On May 04, 2017
[s]
doctokwus:
[/s]

Nonsense as usual shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

SR Reportedly Obtains Footage Of Serving Sen. Bukar Abbah Ibrahim Having Sex / Boko Haram Kidnaps 8 In Oyo / The Picture Of The Two Lazy Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.