Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

I Didn’t Sacrifice A Cow” – Former Arsenal And Chelsea Star Opens Up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Didn’t Sacrifice A Cow” – Former Arsenal And Chelsea Star Opens Up (633 Views)

Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal / “I Didn’t Bring Coronavirus To Togo” - Emmanuel Adebayor Refuses To Donate / What An Arsenal Fan Says He Would Do If Dangote Buys Arsenal And Sacks Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Sacrifice A Cow” – Former Arsenal And Chelsea Star Opens Up by olajoseph22(m): 1:14am On May 04, 2017
Arsenal great Emmanuel Petit has opened up on how injuries wrecked his playing career – just months after being told he had been cursed by a witch doctor..

According to the French World Cup winner, he ignored advice to sacrifice a cow to ward off the evil spell – only to see his Chelsea career bedevilled by problems.

46 year old Petit, who is now a pundit, won the 1998 Double with the Gunners and scored in France’s 3-0 World Cup final win over Brazil in the same year.

He swapped Arsenal for Barcelona in 2000 before joining the Blues a year later. However the midfielder suffered a spate of injuries, and was released in 2004.

He announced his retirement in January 2005 after failing fully to recover from knee surgery.

In an interview with French TV station SFR Sport, he said:

“I had a curse put on me. After the 2002 World Cup I was on a beach on the Cote d’Azur.

“There were African street vendors going around, and one came up and set out some of his stuff in front of me.

“He told me: ‘There are rumours going around that a marabout has put an evil spell on you. People are jealous of you, and a serious injury will end your career.’

“I asked him what I could do to prevent this happening. He said: ‘You have to kill a cow.’

“At the time I thought he was just telling lies.

“But six months later I did suffer a serious injury. I did not kill a cow, and I went on to suffer a double ligament tear in my right leg.”

Re: I Didn’t Sacrifice A Cow” – Former Arsenal And Chelsea Star Opens Up by Nobody: 1:39am On May 04, 2017
I can still help you mr Petit, just come to Nigeria and be ready to buy cows and rams. Arsenal still needs you.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Sacrifice A Cow” – Former Arsenal And Chelsea Star Opens Up by DozieInc(m): 1:45am On May 04, 2017
African magic
Re: I Didn’t Sacrifice A Cow” – Former Arsenal And Chelsea Star Opens Up by hisgrace090: 6:12am On May 04, 2017
It seems he equally refuse to pray against evil after rejecting cow sacrifice.
Note- there is no problem God cannot solve, but we must come through prayer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League Final! Real Madrid Vs Juventus!! Predict And Win Airtime!! / Sure Football Predictions 7th July / Gallery: Lukaku First Training Session With Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.