Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike (1424 Views)

2014 Sleek Power Bike For Sale At Giveaway Price / Power Bike Toks 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. 08168995190 / Honda CBR 250cc RR Beginner Power Bike For Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Ramos16(m): 10:09am On May 04, 2017
I have never ridden on a power bike before, I don't even know how to ride an ordinary bike, but I need a way to get to work and back every day so I am looking at buying a fairly used power bike, I was provided with the data below but they don't make much sense to me.

I am here looking for people to help verify if this is a good purchase.

Condition: Used
Brand: Honda
Model year:2012
Model: Powerbike
Mileage: 300,000 km
Engine capacity: 6,000 cc

May I also mention that the bike is going for 250,000 Naira
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by menxer: 10:25am On May 04, 2017
i think 6000cc is too powerful a bike for a beginner.
my opinion though
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Readonee35L(m): 10:27am On May 04, 2017
menxer:
i think 6000cc is too powerful a bike for a beginner.
my opinion though
Is there a street legal bike with up to 6000cc.
I think he meant 600cc

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Ramos16(m): 10:36am On May 04, 2017
Readonee35L:

I think he meant 600cc

That is exactly what was shared with me.
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by menxer: 10:40am On May 04, 2017
Readonee35L:

I think he meant 600cc

i know i have not seen a street legal bike of 6000cc but since he said it, well all things are possible.
600cc is ok, but he still needs to do warm up with a 50cc bike
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Ramos16(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2017
menxer:

i know i have not seen a street legal bike of 6000cc but since he said it, well all things are possible.
600cc is ok, but he still needs to do warm up with a 50cc bike

I was looking at options online where I can learn to ride, they are so darn expensive, one says 10,000 naira for an hour.
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by menxer: 10:49am On May 04, 2017
Ramos16:

I was looking at options online where I can learn to ride, they are so darn expensive, one says 10,000 naira for an hour.
super bike lifestyle is not for the average person in Nigeria.

aside the initial cost of the bike, the gears, accessories, and maintenance cost will break the bank account of an average Nigerian.
if you are not financially ready look for another alternative.
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Ramos16(m): 11:01am On May 04, 2017
menxer:

super bike lifestyle is not for the average person in Nigeria.

aside the initial cost of the bike, the gears, accessories, and maintenance cost will break the bank account of an average Nigerian.
if you are not financially ready look for another alternative.

Well, it is not as if I have an option here, I am in between getting a car or a bike, and I think the bike is the better option for me and my bank account, not sure what you will say an average Nigerian life is, but I feel I can take it up. I just need guidance that is all.

I am not doing this for fun, I need it for accessibility to work, even though I feel I will get lots of fun in riding.
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by menxer: 11:13am On May 04, 2017
Ramos16:

Well, it is not as if I have an option here, I am in between getting a car or a bike, and I think the bike is the better option for me and my bank account, not sure what you will say an average Nigerian life is, but I feel I can take it up. I just need guidance that is all.

I am not doing this for fun, I need it for accessibility to work, even though I feel I will get lots of fun in riding.
ok.
start practicing with a regular bike in the meantime, that should be easier and cheaper and the learning curve won't be that sharp when you switch to a super bike.

good luck riding with the wind.

ps:
you updated the price to be #250,000 that should be a 600cc bike, get a veteran super biker to help you assess it before you buy.
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by msochi: 11:31am On May 04, 2017
shocked 6,000cc....... excursion to heaven grin

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Ramos16(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2017
menxer:

ok.
start practicing with a regular bike in the meantime, that should be easier and cheaper and the learning curve won't be that sharp when you switch to a super bike.

good luck riding with the wind.

ps:
you updated the price to be #250,000 that should be a 600cc bike, get a veteran super biker to help you assess it before you buy.

Alright, thanks I appreciate, yes I noticed I had not indicated the price earlier.

Now I just wonder where one will find a veteran super biker
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Ramos16(m): 11:38am On May 04, 2017
msochi:
shocked 6,000cc....... excursion to heaven grin
grin grin Don't mind me I don't know anything in this field
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by menxer: 12:13pm On May 04, 2017
Ramos16:

Alright, thanks I appreciate, yes I noticed I had not indicated the price earlier.

Now I just wonder where one will find a veteran super biker
it's not hard, walk up to any super biker you chance to meet and start a conversation you will be surprise.
if you live in a major city that should not be a challenge.
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Afonjanightmare(m): 12:53pm On May 04, 2017
Bros, upload the pictures of the bike na, is it too hard? 600cc is a huge displacement for a beginner oooo, look for Bajaj and do practice first, Honda is good sha but make sure you know the cost of maintainence from a renowned mechanic, Power Bike is more expensive to maintain that Honda car o, my 3kobo
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by princetom1(m): 2:20pm On May 04, 2017
Ramos16:
I have never ridden on a power bike before, I don't even know how to ride an ordinary bike, but I need a way to get to work and back every day so I am looking at buying a fairly used power bike, I was provided with the data below but they don't make much sense to me.

I am here looking for people to help verify if this is a good purchase.

Condition: Used
Brand: Honda
Model year:2012
Model: Powerbike
Mileage: 300,000 km
Engine capacity: 6,000 cc

May I also mention that the bike is going for 250,000 Naira

GAZZUZZ drives one too, hopefully he has one or two things to say.
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Lexmeizta: 9:29pm On May 08, 2017
1. 300.000km on even a car is quite much let alone a bike, that engine must have gone round the earth, couple of trips to other planets too
2. I'm not a pro biker but I have people who bike, 250k for a 2012 bike, just stay away. Alternatively, play along to the point where you're asked to pay some amount to bid for the bike from customs or warehouse

It's obviously a scam, don't play with your money
On a lighter note, try to confirm the figures the engine capacity(6000cc is bout 6.0L in car engine,Tundra uses 5.7..do the maths)the mileage and the price
PS: if you find any bike with a reasonable price tag and quite recent, do let me know, I'm interested in getting one but working with a relatively tight budget. Looking to learn too.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by SpaceAngel: 12:30pm On May 09, 2017
I'm not a biker but two years ago a 2012 honda cbr 600rr was around 1.5M, so this one for 250k seems odd considering the current economic situation. Practice with a bike that has much lower capacity before riding a 600cc bike. Life no get duplicate. undecided
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by bigsmoke2(m): 12:38pm On May 09, 2017
Try and check ladipo warehouses, u should be able to find what u looking for but but as those who commented earlier have mentioned, it will definitely cost more than 250k for a 2012 bike
Re: I Need Help Assessing A Power Bike by Kunleayo: 1:57pm On May 09, 2017
@Ramos16

Well in my very little knowledge of 3 years when it comes to riding, I have never heard of 6000cc before, it is obviously 600cc be guided.

Learning with a CBR 600 is not a bad idea, but you will definately have some little crashes while learning. Are you ready to fix a CBR 2012 bike? which normally parts for the CBR and even any recent bike don't come cheap.

I will advise you learn with a less expensive bike like the "Suzuki SV". They have the same power as the regular 600cc bikes, but it is very easy and not heavy for a (New B) like you.

Please "Always Ride Your Ride", that is the biker's watchword. Don't be intoxicated with the fun, it is also dangerous.

Have fun riding

Send me a mail if you need proper guidance. kunleakiti@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

BMW X6 2010 Tokunbo Sharp N Clean Selling @ 15.8m / 2008 Toyota Highlander Limited / Clean Tokunbo 2006 Toyota Avalon Is Up At 2.4M SOLD SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.