Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. (15139 Views)

Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In The Month Of February / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In The Month Of December / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Techm8: 10:11am On May 04, 2017
Is there's anyone up in here that do not take selfies? Lemme see your hands up..... Nobody? I thought as much. We all do. In fact, some more than others. Some people can barely go a day without taking one. OEM'S understands this that's why they make Smartphones with awesome camera; like Google pixel, iPhone 7 and even the Tecno Camon CX that I'm using to post this. These Smartphones make taking selfies fast and easy and they come out crystal clear.

Here are 5 reasons that fuel our desire to take and post selfies.

1. We want to be loved
Humans crave validation. When we post a selfie for the World to see, we eagerly await for the likes and comments to show up from family, friends and strangers. We stick around for a few minutes after posting them and refresh the page like our lives depends on it just to see how quickly they start rolling in. Why? Because these likes and comments make us feel loved and.

2. For Validation
Humans crave validation. Those aforementioned likes and comments also make us feel accepted it provide an added sense of validation that can help the way we view ourselves. “I posted a picture of my face and 50 people liked it! Wow! Maybe they think I’m cool, good-looking, fun or maybe they want to slide in my DM?!” These are the sort of things run through our minds. Maybe we just want to know that someone else cares about us, that they see us or that we matter.

3. For Confidence
Taking a selfie where you can recognise all your beautiful physical characteristics can have a pretty positive effect on your mood.

4. To Capture The Moment.
There are instances in which we want to capture a moment, for our own memory or to share with others. A selfie is part of the experience and it can enhance the moment.

5. Everyone's Doing It, So Why Shouldn't 1?
Everywhere you look on the internet, there's always a Selfie staring right back at you. Tens of Millions of photos are uploaded on social Media daily and a huge chunk of those are selfies. So, we're like; why don't we join in on the Craze! grin

why do you take selfies? Feel free to add yours.

So take that selfie today. You’re gorgeous! (Maybe) grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Dandsome: 10:15am On May 04, 2017
Hmmm... Make I take my own selfie. I de come.

I can't wait to see Seun, lalasticlala or mynd44 take selfie and post let see what they look like grin

Oh God in heaven, harken to my plea and help me not to scream FTC. I better find money to buy a Tecno CX than to start boasting cos of FTC

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Nobody: 10:18am On May 04, 2017
I love selfies, it brings out the confidence in me

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by shiftback: 10:25am On May 04, 2017
In selebobo's voice.
"Everybody want to take a Selfie"

I think say na only fine people dey take selfies o!
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Nobody: 10:30am On May 04, 2017
Dandsome:
Hmmm... Make I take my own selfie. I de come.

I can't wait to see Seun, lalasticlala or mynd44 take selfie and post let see what they look like grin

Infact na lalasticlala own I wan see. Bro too like snake, Abi im face be like snake? grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by FellaL: 10:31am On May 04, 2017
Oya o

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by shiftback: 10:51am On May 04, 2017
since we are talking about selfies:
You can participate in #MyCxHustle
Take a creative Selfie with your work tool and post on social media and you just might win a Camon Cx.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Abdstrakt(m): 11:06am On May 04, 2017
i agree with your point 2.

Humans are suckers for validation and it's not a good thing. You see someone getting bragging about how many likes they get as if it's a reflection of their awesomeness​.

Regardless of the number of likes your Selfie gets you're still awesome.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Techm8: 12:04pm On May 04, 2017
Abdstrakt:
i agree with your point 2.

Humans are suckers for validation and it's not a good thing. You see someone getting bragging about how many likes they get as if it's a reflection of their awesomeness​.

Regardless of the number of likes your Selfie gets you're still awesome.

You make a fair point.
So tell us why you take selfies
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 04, 2017
Techm8:
Is there's anyone up in here that do not take selfies? Lemme see your hands up..... Nobody? I thought as much. We all do. In fact, some more than others. Some people can barely go a day without taking one. OEM'S understands this that's why they make Smartphones with awesome camera; like Google pixel, iPhone 7 and even the Tecno Camon CX that I'm using to post this. These Smartphones make taking selfies fast and easy and they come out crystal clear.

1. We want to be loved
Humans crave validation. When we post a selfie for the World to see, we eagerly await for the likes and comments to show up from family, friends and strangers. We stick around for a few minutes after posting them and refresh the page like our lives depends on it just to see how quickly they start rolling in. Why? Because these likes and comments make us feel loved and.

2. For Validation
Humans crave validation. Those aforementioned likes and comments also make us feel accepted it provide an added sense of validation that can help the way we view ourselves. “I posted a picture of my face and 50 people liked it! Wow! Maybe they think I’m cool, good-looking, fun or maybe they want to slide in my DM?!” These are the sort of things run through our minds. Maybe we just want to know that someone else cares about us, that they see us or that we matter.

3. For Confidence
Taking a selfie where you can recognise all your beautiful physical characteristics can have a pretty positive effect on your mood.

There are instances in which we want to capture a moment, for our own memory or to share with others. A selfie is part of the experience and it can enhance the moment.

Everywhere you look on the internet, there's always a Selfie staring right back at you. Tens of Millions of photos are uploaded on social Media daily and a huge chunk of those are selfies. So, we're like; why don't we join in on the Craze! grin

It makes some persons to turn mumuism
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by veekid(m): 1:01pm On May 04, 2017
To join the proper dem gang
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Oildichotomy(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2017
Some people take selfies cos they have smartphones simple.

No smartphones No selfies

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by gabazin080(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2017
ask lalasticlala why he doesnt have a DP on his profile
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by smartty68(m): 1:03pm On May 04, 2017
This is my one cent... Cheers

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by burkingx(f): 1:03pm On May 04, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by ogobaby23(f): 1:03pm On May 04, 2017
I take selfies because I feel good in every moment and so I want to capture that moment

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Afonjashapmouth: 1:03pm On May 04, 2017
Women dey use am check makeup perfection....
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 04, 2017
radarada
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by stud9(m): 1:04pm On May 04, 2017
OK nice
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Gwan2(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2017
TO FAKE REALITY.
Some people take like 50 camera shots of themselves at different angles, settle down and select d best shot....won't stop at dat, still filter d whole pix and then post it.
Wen you fall for their bait and ask them out....you will start hearing some low esteem replies like... I am not dat fine oooo, ......I know u like gals wit big butt or boobs, I dnt have dem oooo,... . I jus started my menstrual cycle today so it caused pimples all over my face...I am not dat tall oooo.
For Christ sake then why fake it if u have to subject urself to unsolicited rejoinders undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 04, 2017
Techm8:

1. We want to be loved

2. For Validation

3. For Confidence

well I take selfies to taunt my ex tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by ollah2: 1:07pm On May 04, 2017
Selfie

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by hillsure1: 1:08pm On May 04, 2017
Opportunities don't happen. You create them. View Yesterday won Fixed Game for your Gratification & todays fixed is out still same trusted source

1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Homers123(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2017
I don't,fQcking photo shy,I had just two photo shot throughout my uni days.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by burkingx(f): 1:09pm On May 04, 2017
gringrin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by deolsisback: 1:11pm On May 04, 2017
It shows self approval. That you are confident of yourself and wants to be seen as what you present.

It is not for confidence but a show of confidence.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

It makes some persons to turn mumuism

And super stup#d as well, nowadays people even take selfies when taking a sh#t, i wonder what kind of confidence or validation dem dey try to display
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by magnificientzaz(f): 1:13pm On May 04, 2017
To show new dress and hair...for most ladies
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 04, 2017
Jiang:

And super stup#d as well, nowadays people even take selfies when taking a sh#t, i wonder what kind of confidence or validation dem dey try to display
I just taya my brother. This selfie is turning to something else
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. by burkingx(f): 1:16pm On May 04, 2017
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Upgrade Blackberry Os / 7 Google Android Apps To Secure Your Android Phones From Virus / List of top 20 Best Mobile Phones(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.