Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,273 members, 7,867,717 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 (207153 Views)

Nlng Recruitment Trainee Operator 2017 Update / Nigeria LNG Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Apply For Nigeria LNG Limited Graduate Trainee Operator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Vipmen: 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Further to the Ability Test you took in July 2013 for the position of Trainee Operator.

The tests that you completed assess high level verbal and numerical analysis as required in the role of Trainee Operator in which you have applied. These tests provide a fair and objective measure of skills in providing Trainee Operator and research has shown that people who do well in these tests tends to do well on the job.

This report is CONFIDENTIAL and will be protected by Company Data Protection Policy. It is also important to note that test results remain valid for 12 months. If you have any questions relating to this report, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The Ability Tests:

In order to gain a full understanding of the meaning of your scores on the ability tests, your performance has been compared to that of over 4000 applicants to technical apprenticeships positions within the public and private service industries. candidates who took the test over a period of 1994 to 2004 in the UK.

(A) VERBAL REASONING: Measure a candidate’s ability to evaluate the logic of various kinds of argument as presented in written form. The test measures the ability to determine the support for conclusions drawn using content that typifies a variety of work settings.

When compared to other technical applicants, your performance was better than 35% of that group.

(B) NUMERICAL REASONING: Measure a candidate’s ability to make correct decisions or inferences from numerical or statistical data. The test is intended to measure the ability to work with numerical data in a realistic workplace context.

Your performance on this test was better than 52% of the comparison group.

(C) CHECKING: Measure a candidate’s ability to compare information quickly and accurately which is critical to ensuring the quality of work.

Your performance on this test was better than 44% of the comparison group.

(D) MECHANICAL COMPREHENSION: Measures a candidate’s understanding of basic mechanical principles and their application to devices such as pulleys, gears and levers.

Your performance on this test was better than 66% of the comparison group.

(E) SPATIAL ABILITY: Measures a candidate’s ability to rapidly perceive and manipulate stimuli to accurately visualize how an object will look after it has been rotated in space.

Your performance on this test was better than 62% of the comparison group.

Conclusion

Overall, the test result indicates that the test with highest T-score is an area of particular strength for you while the lowest T-score is an area you need to work on if you need to take a similar test in the future.

Based on the Cut-off Criteria approved by Management, your average performance was below the approved marks and therefore not progressed to the next stage in the recruitment.

Yours Faithfully,

Recruitment Team

For: Nigeria LNG Limited

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Vipmen: 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
I think Dis settle it all.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Mobidot(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
Very detailed. I believe this was what was sent to one of the applicants in the previois recruitment , 2013. Guess this was yours. Better luck this time around quote author=Vipmen post=61039369]Further to the Ability Test you took in July 2013 for the position of Trainee Operator.

The tests that you completed assess high level verbal and numerical analysis as required in the role of Trainee Operator in which you have applied. These tests provide a fair and objective measure of skills in providing Trainee Operator and research has shown that people who do well in these tests tends to do well on the job.

This report is CONFIDENTIAL and will be protected by Company Data Protection Policy. It is also important to note that test results remain valid for 12 months. If you have any questions relating to this report, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The Ability Tests:

In order to gain a full understanding of the meaning of your scores on the ability tests, your performance has been compared to that of over 4000 applicants to technical apprenticeships positions within the public and private service industries. candidates who took the test over a period of 1994 to 2004 in the UK.

(A) VERBAL REASONING: Measure a candidate’s ability to evaluate the logic of various kinds of argument as presented in written form. The test measures the ability to determine the support for conclusions drawn using content that typifies a variety of work settings.

When compared to other technical applicants, your performance was better than 35% of that group.

(B) NUMERICAL REASONING: Measure a candidate’s ability to make correct decisions or inferences from numerical or statistical data. The test is intended to measure the ability to work with numerical data in a realistic workplace context.

(C) CHECKING: Measure a candidate’s ability to compare information quickly and accurately which is critical to ensuring the quality of work.

(D) MECHANICAL COMPREHENSION: Measures a candidate’s understanding of basic mechanical principles and their application to devices such as pulleys, gears and levers.

(E) SPATIAL ABILITY: Measures a candidate’s ability to rapidly perceive and manipulate stimuli to accurately visualize how an object will look after it has been rotated in space.

Conclusion

Overall, the test result indicates that the test with highest T-score is an area of particular strength for you while the lowest T-score is an area you need to work on if you need to take a similar test in the future.

Based on the Cut-off Criteria approved by Management, your average performance was below the approved marks and therefore not progressed to the next stage in the recruitment.

Yours Faithfully,

Recruitment Team

[/quote]
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Mobidot(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
Very detailed. I believe this was what was sent to one of the applicants in the previois recruitment , 2013. Guess this was yours. Better luck this time around
Vipmen:
Further to the Ability Test you took in July 2013 for the position of Trainee Operator.

The Ability Tests:

Conclusion

Yours Faithfully,

Recruitment Team

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by jeremiah123: 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
The reason I felt u werent called for interview is because o poor performance in numerical and verbal reasoning. Should the verbal be at least 50% u would have been called
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
I believe shortlisting would base on these two(verbal & numerical). Copied from the post above me, please read these sentences carefully => "Further to the Ability Test you took in July 2013 for the position of Trainee Operator.
The tests that you completed "assess high level verbal and
numerical analysis" as "required" in the role of "Trainee Operator" in which you have applied."
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by jeremiah123: 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
From my observation with the content of the test if you can get 60% in the numerical and verbal reasoning then you are good to go
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by ganiyu26(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
@vipman, how long does d reply took then after d test
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Vipmen: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
It took like a month plus, before the feedback, but this time maybe 2 or 3 weeks time, because interview is November.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by softrise: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2017
Vipmen:
It took like a month plus, before the feedback, but this time maybe 2 or 3 weeks time, because interview is November.
Hmmm November, was that wht they said or that's what u think?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Vipmen: 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
2013 didn't finish my verbal,lesson no1, so painful dey took 5 persons I know, full time staff now, big bois. Dey took 28 persons den, but now dey will take up to 40 to 50 persons, den advert will be on again next year for more 40 persons again , remember Nlng train 7 project will soon kick off, I guess the scoring issue is settled now everyone understand how dey score candidate now. @softrise training Will start January so dey got to round up everything before Dis year run out,
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by kissoflife: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Vipmen:
2013 didn't finish my verbal,lesson no1, so painful dey took 5 persons I know, full time staff now, big bois. Dey took 28 persons den, but now dey will take up to 40 to 50 persons, den advert will be on again next year for more 40 persons again , remember Nlng train 7 project will soon kick off, I guess the scoring issue is settled now everyone understand how dey score candidate now. @softrise training Will start January so dey got to round up everything before Dis year run out,

40-50 people sounds interesting!!!! any idea of what next stage would look like? will there be a kind of a technical interview or normal interview only?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pls, who knows the total number of candidates nationwide called for the CBT?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by airsaylongcon: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
Looooolz. Vipmen don turn Oracle here
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by femzey(m): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Drnice:
Pls, who knows the total number of candidates nationwide called for the CBT?
I guess 800.
4 centers through out Nigeria, 200 per center
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Vipmen:
did u you make it to d interview stage?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by softrise: 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
femzey:

I guess 800.
In which centre did u write the test? because here in PH we had a total of 320 candidates.(both 8am&11am, Thursday&Friday candidates all combine)
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by rildwanullahi(m): 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
femzey:

I guess 800.
softrise:
In which centre did u write the test? because here in PH we had a total of 320 candidates.(both 8am&11am, Thursday&Friday candidates all combine)
I am not sure about the number of candidates. But Friday was like fifty in lagos cos only one batch for Friday.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by shegzy4luv(m): 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
Will second stage be pure-interview or Assessment-Center? Will it hold in PH only? We need to start thinking of how to Pass second stage now, I hope People will be of help while Preparing for second stage rather than Opening up after the show, that is Campaign-after-election.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
2nd stage would be a panel interview. Then medicals....
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Zdeenshehu(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2017
Any update
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Zdeenshehu(m): 7:06am On Oct 04, 2017
Any news bro
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by shegzy4luv(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2017
Zdeenshehu:
Well said and thank you guys for your.... But wait, does one's geographical location matter in the selection process? I mean should all the best scoring candidates emerge from one state/region, would they be the only ones to be called for the interview or the best scoring candidate will also be selected based on region/states. Just so curious.
From my own view, Best Performance is their target, The role is a very sensitive role and requires competent Hands. That is why they are also curious to hire the best among the best through SHL ability test.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by airsaylongcon: 7:46am On Oct 04, 2017
Zdeenshehu:
My second question: Pls as at the entry level, what are the differences between Graduate Trainee (BEng) and the Trainee operator(HND) in the Nigeria LNG ?

Big!
Manager vs Supervisor I believe
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by shegzy4luv(m): 7:48am On Oct 04, 2017
Zdeenshehu:
My second question: Pls as at the entry level, what are the differences between Graduate Trainee (BEng) and the Trainee operator(HND) in the Nigeria LNG ?
B eng. GTs are to be trained and engaged on managerial role while HND Operator trainees are to be trained and engaged on Operational roles, They might likely be the line Managers of Operators (just assumption), although I don't know how the company is structured.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by airsaylongcon: 8:24am On Oct 04, 2017
Zdeenshehu:
Well said and thank you guys for your.... But wait, does one's geographical location matter in the selection process? I mean should all the best scoring candidates emerge from one state/region, would they be the only ones to be called for the interview or the best scoring candidate will also be selected based on region/states. Just so curious.

As far as I know the company recruits strictly on merit. Why would u be worried about regional recruitment though?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by donnaheff: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2017
This is a scam.. the url of nlng is www.nlng.com
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Zdeenshehu(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2017
Ok.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by airsaylongcon: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2017
Zdeenshehu:

Because of the federalism, most NNPC related and FG recruitments are made on quota basis

NNPC is a minority shareholder in NIGERIA LNG. This is not a FG recruitment but a recruitment by a private company. To start hinting at the need for quota system this early is preposterous! Nigeria LNG hire only the best irrespective of where in the country you come from.

PS:
I am resisting the urge to infer where you come from given your moniker. Rest assured that cream rises to the top. If you are good, you are good. Make of that what you will (copied)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Zdeenshehu(m): 10:51am On Oct 04, 2017
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
airsaylongcon:

NNPC is a minority shareholder in NIGERIA LNG. This is not a FG recruitment but a recruitment by a private company. To start hinting at the need for quota system this early is preposterous! Nigeria LNG hire only the best irrespective of where in the country you come from.

PS:
[b]I am resisting the urge to infer [/b]where you come from given your moniker. Rest assured that cream rises to the top. If you are good, you are good. Make of that what you will (copied)
I understand grin, You made your point while resisting
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 by Hermis: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
I love threads like this cos they are informative, Vipmen thanks for that result u posted, at least it gives a good insight on how they arrive at there cutoffs, all fingers are crossed let's see how it plays out

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply)

How To Apply For Government Npower Program. / Nnpc Recruitment Interview / Job Vacancies In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.