Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,011,823 members, 7,362,487 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 March 2023 at 04:51 AM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy: Finance Manager-lagos And Port Harcourt (329 Views)
Job Vacancy: Finance Officer(urgently Needed) / Job Vacancy - Finance Manager / Vacancy: Finance Assistant Needed By Qatar Airways (2) (3) (4)
|Vacancy: Finance Manager-lagos And Port Harcourt by estatemix: 10:38am On May 04, 2017|
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
Location: Lagos/Port Harcourt
About The Firm
A foremost player in Marine/Oil and Gas Servicing with offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt need the services of a Finance Manager to be based in its Port Harcourt office with occasional travels to Lagos. Salaries attached to this role compares favourably with the industry standard.
• Auditing financial information
• Compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
• Analysing and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Managing Director.
• Providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
• Financial forecasting and risk analysis
• Dealing with insolvency cases
• Negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients/suppliers and associated organisations
• Detecting and preventing fraud (forensic accounting);
• Effective management of subordinate personnel in terms of performance assessment, skills development, career path planning, managing workloads and deadlines
• Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts;
• Preparing financial management reports, including financial planning and forecasting;
• Advising on tax and treasury issues;
• Reviewing General Ledger entries to ensure completeness and accuracy of Business financials
• Reviewing account reconciliations in line with the Corporate criteria for quality and driving quick resolution of any identified defects or failures
• Support internal and external financial and tax audit and examination processes, including assisting with the preparation of audited financial statements, footnotes and supplemental information
• Primary contact for the Businesses, responding timely and accurately to queries/clarifications raised
• Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, Finance, or other Business related field and 7-10 years progressive accounting or finance experience
• Professional accounting qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, ACA)
• Experience of Managing Processes, Financial Reporting, Analysing Information, Developing Budgets
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, Office Outlook, and Financial Software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understanding and knowledge of an active commitment to promoting equal opportunities
• Knowledge of Nigerian tax law and other related statutory laws.
• Understanding and knowledge of the requirement for confidentiality
• Reporting Skills, Attention to Details, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills.
• Communicate sensitively and effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people
• Demonstrate respect, openness and genuineness in developing working relationships with others and contribute to positive working relationships in a team
• Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
• Excellent coaching and relationship building skills.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Sound IT knowledge in the use of MS Suite especially MS Excel.
• Working knowledge in an accounting package-
• Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
• Work without direct supervision
• Ability to undertake occasional travel
• To be able to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends when required.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and application letter in one document to email@example.com. Closing date is May 10, 2017. We will revert to only shortlisted candidates.
Please Help Me Out! / Radiographer/sonographer Urgently Needed At Agbara / United Nations Office For Project Services Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43