Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Didn't The Odu Ifa Give Any Clue About Ife N Benin ??? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Didn't The Odu Ifa Give Any Clue About Ife N Benin ??? (808 Views)

Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi / Brazilian Man Eulogize Ifa And Masquerade In Yoruba . Photos & Video / Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Didn't The Odu Ifa Give Any Clue About Ife N Benin ??? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 04, 2017
Although I'm into computer Engineering, I can say I am a lover and a "student" of History...

The ancient African stories can be very difficult to follow due to our delayed inability to devise means of putting records down as a result of this most stories are transferred for one generation to another via oral n verbal means. About the Yoruba race (popularly referred to as Afonjas here in Nairaland), one thing I at least noticed is the general acceptance of the personality of "Ela" = "orunmila" . He wasn't born and he brought the "Ifa" blah blah blah (that not the point now). Orunmila even did stuff for oduduwa when he came around. Now the odu -ifa is the only story telling poetry I believe in the history telling books (the versions of a certain story can be too annoying, even the story of how my home town was formed has about 3 versions)the versions of those story might look similar at some point but the salient points in the story could be referenced to different person or things. But I've learnt that the odu-ifa has only one version and an Ifapriest or Iyanifa from America that never came to Africa but was trained will chant the same thing as someone in Osun, oyo,ekiti. etc.
Am now asking my fellow Landers who knows more about the odu-ifa if at any point a reference was made to orunmila in Benin and for what reasons
2. This has nothing to do with the odu - ifa, I do think that one of oduduwa's Grandchild became a powerful king in Benin, until recent I met some guys debunking it who can clarify this please?
Re: Didn't The Odu Ifa Give Any Clue About Ife N Benin ??? by stige1(m): 1:21pm On May 28, 2017
its:
Ok

(1) (Reply)

These Are The Five Drunkest Countries In Africa: See Who Tops The List / Can Someone Help Me Please, I’m So Broken / 10 Bizzare Believes And Practices Of The Maasai Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.