Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Airtel, MTN, Glo, Etisalat Speedtest Battle. The Winner Is....(pictures) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel, MTN, Glo, Etisalat Speedtest Battle. The Winner Is....(pictures) (1074 Views)

Xiaomi Mi NOTE 10 Vs Galaxy Note 10 Lite... The Winner Is / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile / Infinix S2 Pro Vs Iphone 6 Plus Camera Comparison And The Winner Is... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtel, MTN, Glo, Etisalat Speedtest Battle. The Winner Is....(pictures) by Nobody: 11:59am On May 04, 2017
Airtel

Test and verdict:
Interestingly, Airtel didn’t do too bad even though it was the slowest (in comparison to the other telcos of course). Despite having the lowest capability for connectivity at 3.75G, I was still able to record 3.1Mbps data speed. Terrible from a global standpoint, but not bad in the Nigerian context.

MTN

Test and verdict:
This is where MTN buried all the other telcos. I even tested it repeatedly just to be sure I was getting the right number. Somehow, it always ended up between 18Mbps and 27Mbps. That is way ahead of the numbers the other telcos posted.

Glo

Test and verdict:
I couldn’t test Glo’s speed because I was never anywhere long enough to get an test figure. The network would either flip constantly between 3G and 4G or there wouldn’t just be any 4G network at all. So that’s that.

Etisalat

Test and verdict:
Etisalat has the most expensive plans of the bunch and also the second slowest data speed. With all that supposed 4G goodness, it only barely pushed Airtel out of the way to clock in at 4.4Mbps.

Source: Pulse

Re: Airtel, MTN, Glo, Etisalat Speedtest Battle. The Winner Is....(pictures) by daamazing(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2017
Op Lemme arrange it for you well.
Using this considerations;
1. The area coverage is max supported
2. It's 2am in the morning with less traffic
3. The phone band fully supports the network.
*all references will be made to download speed
The network with the fastest download speed is one, just one

Airtel
These guys are badass, when you guys use speed test, it hardly gives accurate readings because the download speed you see there won't be the same when downloading a file. Airtel speed clocks over 6.5mbs when downloading a file from a premium server.

Etisalat
They're good too , they were speed demons before airtel recently overtook them. They max speeds too of over 4mbs of the consideration above are met.

MTN
MTN too are close too Etisalat when it comes to speed, but they aren't up to them yet

Glo
Their network has been better off recent due to recent upgrades but still lack a little compared to other networks.

3G was the network of choice used with only airtel using 3.75G
Re: Airtel, MTN, Glo, Etisalat Speedtest Battle. The Winner Is....(pictures) by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 04, 2017
Your speed test depends on location. There are areas were mtn does better while there areas they're worst of same applies to other networks

(1) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria 7gb For N2k Sallah Promo. / See Oukitel U22 With Its Super Cost-effective Dual-lens Front And Back Cameras. / NairaLanders Which one should i go for...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.