Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Panorama: Women Standing Against Evil Around The World - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Panorama: Women Standing Against Evil Around The World (332 Views)

Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump / North Korea Strongly Warns Japan Against Standing With Us President (details) / President Trump Leads Standing Ovation For Hillary Clinton At Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Panorama: Women Standing Against Evil Around The World by panafrican(m): 11:37pm On May 04, 2017
Just great

I went to the counter-demonstration as someone who was determined to change things. To me it makes sense to try and change the world around me," she went on.

"I think young people should get involved in such things. They should be aware of what's going on.

"You ask me if standing up to skinheads should be left to older people - well us, younger people, are going to be living here a lot longer than the older generation."

Lucie explained the argument with the unnamed man had been over refugees and migrants. She said she had told him that countries had a duty to help those fleeing war and conflict, and that in such cases borders did not exist.

He told her she would be raped by the very people she was trying to save.

"The main thing that's struck me is that some people are now calling me an 'extremist', that being anti-fascist is somehow 'extremist'," she told the BBC.

"That seems to be me the height of absurdity."
See all pictures @
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39804471

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Is Free From Ban By Fifa / White House And First Lady Defend Trump’s Tweets About TV Host – / Itumo!!! I Haven't Fallen Sick In 31 Years - Ugandan President, Yoweri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.