Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance (21035 Views)

Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 69th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 / Meet Late Musa Yar'adua's Daughters, All Married To Former State Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by todaynewsreview: 12:07am On May 05, 2017
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua (16 August 1951 – 5 May 2010) was the President of Nigeria. He served as governor of Katsina State in northern Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 28 May 2007. He was declared the winner of the controversial Nigerian presidential election held on 21 April 2007, and was sworn in on 29 May 2007. He was a member of the People's Democratic Party (PDP). In 2009, Yar'Adua left for Saudi Arabia to receive treatment for pericarditis. He returned to Nigeria on 24 February 2010, where he died on the 5th of May.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umaru_Musa_Yar%27Adua

Goodluck Jonathan Message To Mark Umar Musa Yar'adua 7th Year Remembrance

Seven years ago you left this world leaving behind a legacy of detribalized leadership and a soil that was fertile enough to grow trees whose shade you would never enjoy. As a peace maker, you helped bring peace to the Niger Delta and that singular act brought manifold benefits to Nigeria. As a democrat, you promoted due process in government and equity in public administration. Umar Musa Yar'adua, a friend and brother, a great gift to the nation and people of Nigeria. Seven years gone but never forgotten. May you Rest In Peace even as we hope and believe that you made al-Jannah firdaus. Miyetti Allah for the life of service you lived and may Almighty God care for the family you left behind. GEJ

https://web.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by Nobody: 12:11am On May 05, 2017
May the Almighty grant him eternal rest.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by pressplay55: 12:19am On May 05, 2017
the best president ever!
rest in peace sir...

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by unikprince(m): 12:21am On May 05, 2017
OK
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by sLentlover7778(m): 12:53am On May 05, 2017
Goodluck Jona I twale for you.

22 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by mykelmeezy: 2:13am On May 05, 2017
honestly before the north presents any other presidential candidate that person must bring at least 3 years health statement

first yaradua

then the ineffectual vegetable now

rip umaru musa yaradual
the best thing the north ever had to offer nigeria

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by Ofodirinwa: 5:11am On May 05, 2017
Why do you a people keep saying he was a good preaident? That vampire spent his entire presidency in a hospital bed and refused to hand over power till he was dead. The whole time he was in office he only achieve fake audio's trying to prove he was alive.

I remember his son taking pictures with machine guns and stolen money. Yoruba people can bend information. Why?

8 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by BlackDBagba: 5:43am On May 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by greatwhite(m): 5:44am On May 05, 2017
Servant president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by Lilaex: 9:40am On May 05, 2017
angry shocked
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by YelloweWest: 9:41am On May 05, 2017
Nigerians should stop complaining about bad leaders cos we get tye leaders we deserve!

How we exchanged such a Grace filled humble man for an incapacitated dictator is still beyond me.

I will always remind my children to tell their own children that I did not vote for buhari. So that when the future generations to come look back at the great error of our time called the 2015 election which brought this incapacitated vegetables into power, my descendants would proudly hold their head high and say my grandmother/great grandmother did not vote for buhari.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by veekid(m): 9:41am On May 05, 2017
Continue resting in peace Mr Akogun
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by Olanrefront3355(m): 9:41am On May 05, 2017
He was a great man until he met his demise.....

His abode is left to God to decide.

1 Like

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by Justuceleague2: 9:41am On May 05, 2017
Dem brain just reboot?

Not them, I mean him : egbere joesatan
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by curvilicious: 9:41am On May 05, 2017
He was a president indeed kiss

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by timilehin007(m): 9:41am On May 05, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by Nobody: 9:41am On May 05, 2017
The gentle aboki..

He wasn't a bad president..

Keep on resting in peace oga Umaru..

10 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by olujastro: 9:42am On May 05, 2017
The only thing I think of when I remember Yaradua's death is... If only OBJ had picked Donald Duke as Yaradua's running mate as initially planned instead of the very corrupt Ineffectual Buffoon, Nigeria would have been miles ahead of where we are now in terms of development.
Well, shit happens.

16 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by omanifrank(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2017
oh
Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by Mcowubaba: 9:42am On May 05, 2017
One of the best President, if not the best President.
Buhari one of the worst president, if not the worst president

Umaru Yaradua was never a bigot or religious extremist, he would have never Imprisoned Nnamdi Kanu, El Zakzaky.
The problem he had was Health and his crazy wife

Rest on Sir

Buhari problems- Dymentia, Schizophrenia, Parkinsons disease, Crohns disease, Alzheima disease, diabetes, Gaseous Embolism, Prostate Cancer advanced stage grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by djlawex02(m): 9:43am On May 05, 2017
Ofodirinwa:
Why do you a people keep saying he was a good preaident? That vampire spent his entire presidency in a hospital bed and refused to hand over power till he was dead. The whole time he was in office he only achieve fake audio's trying to prove he was alive.

I remember his son taking pictures with machine guns and stolen money. Yoruba people can bend information. Why?
Shey nah by force to type? 1. Yar’adua initiated the Niger-Delta Amnesty Programme which saw hundreds of youth, particularly those that took arms against the state going abroad for studies and professional training.
2. Yar’Adua initiated the Abuja-Kaduna rail route due for launch this month.
3. Dredging of River Niger, which was abandoned for decades.
4. Reversed some of ex-president Obasanjo’s decisions considered to be against the national interest such as the sale of three refineries.
5. He released the N10 billion Lagos State local government councils’ funds withheld by Obasanjo.
6. Yar’adua deconstructed power because he was not intoxicated by it. He did not pay lip service to the rule of law and due process he preached.
7. Under his watch, the courts regained their freedom. They handed down verdicts that cancelled political victories even though his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was the victim.
Please take this blow as compliment

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by Nicho118(m): 9:43am On May 05, 2017
The best thing the north has offered

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by eleko1: 9:43am On May 05, 2017
sadone of the best Nig president but think not evil against baba Buhari,he'll fulfilled the number of his days,that's long life is his birthright. Even if he's above 74 yrs old,the Bible says he's still young. RESTORATION to President Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by bukynkwuenu: 9:43am On May 05, 2017
the best we would have had.....

no drop of tribalism ,bigotry,stubbornness and clueless ness was found in him....

sleep on Musa and congrats on your escape from the madness called Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by sunnyside16(m): 9:43am On May 05, 2017
The best Northern President we never enjoyed so long......RIP Umar

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by jojo1415: 9:44am On May 05, 2017
Men of good will nd virtue.God bless u both.

1 Like

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by ifyan(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2017
My favorite president ever in Nigeria though base on my generation

My opinion though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by teepee4uall: 9:44am On May 05, 2017
What a loss! The death of the man brought in an era of recklessness, fraud and corruption! GEJ I hail o!

2 Likes

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by DatblackBoi(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2017
Rest on Oga Yaradua

1 Like

Re: Umaru Musa Yar'Adua 7th Year Remembrance by takenadoh: 9:44am On May 05, 2017
RIP is it a coincidence that we are here again as a nation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truth About US Report On Boko Haram / Three INEC Staff In Prison For Collecting N179.8m Bribe From Diezani (PHOTOS) / The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The North East Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.