Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey (2863 Views)

Real Founding Fathers Of Nigeria Not Awo, Zik And Sadauna By Damola Awoyokun / Atiku Visa: APC Govt In Panic Action – Saraki / Jonathan: Obama Made It Clear He Wanted Change Of Govt In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by nwabobo: 7:34am On May 05, 2017
As I had forecast,the NPC won the majority of seats in the House of Representatives.The NCNC came next in the number of seats won and the Action Group came last.There followed political manoeuvres for the formation of a new federal government.

The Action Group sent emissaries to the NCNC and a four man team of the Action Group arrived at my home in Asaba at about 2 O'clock one morning, informing me that they had been sent by their party to meet Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and the NCNC to discuss a coalition government between the NCNC and Action Group.

I was to lead them to Dr Azikiwe who was then at his home across the River Niger at Onitsha.I telephoned Dr Azikiwe and at about 6am ,the Action Group delegates and I crossed the Niger by ferry to Onitsha (the Niger Bridge had not yet been built).

After a short discussion with Zik in his home at Onitsha an NCNC Central Working Committee was summoned to meet at Onitsha.During the ensuing discussion on a possible coalition with the Action Group in the Federal Parliament,Sir Ahmadu Bello,Sardauna of Sokoto and the leader of the NPC phoned Dr Azikiwe from Kaduna and informed him that he had with him Action Group emissaries who were asking to form a coalition government with the NPC.

Dr Azikiwe informed Sir Ahmadu that the Action Group were at Onitsha with us too.That was too much for the NCNC and NPC and it was decided that the coalition must be between the NPC and NCNC.The NPC/NCNC coalition government was accordingly formed.

The Action Group became the Opposition in the Federal Parliament and Chief Obafemi Awolowo became the leader of the Opposition in the House of Representatives.

Building a Nation by Dennis C.Osadebay

Page 79-80

1 Like

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by PenisCaP: 7:44am On May 05, 2017
Hm
Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:53am On May 05, 2017
Okay Sir
Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by stonemasonn: 7:56am On May 05, 2017
Just want to justify the Igbo- Fulani coalition Of the 60s. We know Azikiwe will never Work with Awolowo his eternal rival.

3 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by newbornmacho(m): 8:00am On May 05, 2017
Eleyi gidi gan shocked shocked shocked
Arevyou insinuating that the revered Awo was a two faced hypocrite?

11 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by loopmongoat: 8:01am On May 05, 2017
Afonjas and double crossing is something you can't separate no matter how hard you try

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by loopmongoat: 8:02am On May 05, 2017
newbornmacho:
Yes oooooooh

8 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by inourcare: 8:04am On May 05, 2017
Letting...
Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by raker300: 8:04am On May 05, 2017
So this their wahala no start today

8 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by Ikem11(m): 8:11am On May 05, 2017
Afonja man been Betraying since 18DC

11 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by Nobody: 8:12am On May 05, 2017
but the action group crisis was mainly because the obamefi awolowo and al akintola were contradicting if to join the NPC or ncnc

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by SIRmanjar(m): 9:10am On May 05, 2017
Many things I know about we yorubas is that we can never be trusted,we are double mouthed,we can't stand for sumting till the end..We are ultimate betrayals especially my ibadan brothers.

6 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by BuariCopyPaste: 9:20am On May 05, 2017
We know he's a fraudster who underated the potency of a #20 otapiapia

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by evilyoruba: 9:44am On May 05, 2017
When I say this people are diabolically, ritualistically, incenteousically, and evilistically evil, I never lied... Their evil always glow in their scratchedfaces and rised up in their coneheads

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by Eshinwaju: 10:03am On May 05, 2017
evilyoruba:
When I say this people are diabolically, ritualistically, incenteousically, and evilistically evil, I never lied... Their evil always glow in their scratchedfaces and rised up in their coneheads

You better return to the mental asylum you escaped from.... angry

1 Like

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by lilytender: 10:44am On May 05, 2017
newbornmacho:

Yes oooo, that was why he used about 3 million stubborn and senseless Biafran goats like you for pepper soup and suya between 1967 and 1970. And used your women and girls as sex slaves. That Awolowo was Nigeria's number one Baddoo.

3 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:47am On May 05, 2017
... This is a no small revelation.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by nwabobo: 11:48am On May 05, 2017
IpobExposed:
but the action group crisis was mainly because the obamefi awolowo and al akintola were contradicting if to join the NPC or ncnc

Chief Amaechi Mbazulike said exactly the same thing. He was in attendance at said meeting. He said as Zik descended the stairs after taking the call, he said; "agwo anyi na ya no nwelu isi na abo".

4 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by nwabobo: 11:58am On May 05, 2017
Lalasticlala, take over the wheel.
Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by KINGOFTHEEAST: 12:01pm On May 05, 2017
Yoruba Yoruba Yoruba Yoruba Yoruba hmmm how many times did I call you buhari better watch your back hope your personal security are not from that region

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by pazienza(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2017
Lol!
Isn't this what we had been saying on this forum for ages now? grin

Thank you, OP.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by MayorofLagos(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2017
Thats how politics is played all around the world. This took Dennis Osadebay by surprise because his total political history and perspective is narrowed to the NCNC.

Who were the NCNC Central Working Committee they got into the meeting that fast? They must be located in Eastern region, and of Ibo stock.

A party formed in Lagos by Yorubas accepted Ibos to build a national coalition but Ibos usurped it and hijacked it to East but were perturbed in the event of a Yoruba man trying to hijack government.

Ibos u see ya life!

7 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 05, 2017
nwabobo:

Chief Amaechi Mbazulike said exactly the same thing. He was in attendance at said meeting. He said as Zik descended the stairs after taking the call, he said; "agwo anyi na ya no nwelu isi na abo".

they had many meetings the last one was that one fight broke out that chief s.l akintola was accused
Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by timecapsule: 1:40pm On May 05, 2017
So this AFONJA'S two face life have started since 1960s.
They are the most problem of this country.
SABO!!!
TWO FACE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 05, 2017
timecapsule:
So this AFONJA'S two face life have started since 1960s.
They are the most problem of this country.
SABO!!!
TWO FACE!!!

nwokem ole way?
Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by timecapsule: 1:56pm On May 05, 2017
Udo pasa
one face-one way
IpobExposed:

nwokem ole way?
Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by pazienza(m): 2:25pm On May 05, 2017
"agwo anyi na ya no nwelu isi na abo".

grin grin cheesy

Perfect description of Awolowo.

4 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by Ngozi123(f): 3:00pm On May 05, 2017
I can't say that I'm surprised- this was Awolowo's party after all...

4 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by Ngozi123(f): 3:02pm On May 05, 2017
pazienza:
Lol!
Isn't this what we had been saying on this forum for ages now? grin

Thank you, OP.

Another myth from the Lagos-Ibandan expressway has been busted. I'm happy that more Igbos are waking up to the truth.

8 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by pazienza(m): 3:21am On May 06, 2017
So, a big myth buster thread like this can't even make the nairaland front page? Nsogbu dikwa.

6 Likes

Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by nwabobo: 8:09pm On May 07, 2017
pazienza:
So, a big myth buster thread like this can't even make the nairaland front page? Nsogbu dikwa.

Lalasticlala where are you?
Re: Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey by jargo89(m): 12:29am On May 10, 2017
evilyoruba:
I am sure you decided what tribe to become. On another note, i feel sorry for you cos you will get drenched and drowned in hatred for a group of people who God created equally as you.

I eternally hope you get your wish and allowed to segregate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Launches Operation 'Egwu David' 2.0 / Reno Omokri Reacts To Jacob Zuma Exit As South African President / Look At Senator Godswill Akpabio’s Twitter Page Tittle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.