Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,125 members, 7,835,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

The Flaw In The Globacom Bogus Data Bundle - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Flaw In The Globacom Bogus Data Bundle (391 Views)

How To Activate Mtn 200mb For N50 And 1gb For N250 Data Bundle / How To Check Smile, Spectranet & Swift Data Bundle Balance / GLO 4G LTE Data Plans: Welcome To The Globacom World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Flaw In The Globacom Bogus Data Bundle by fetch(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2017
First, I wish to commend Glo the indigenous telecom giant company, for their effort to put Nigeria in the mainstream of broadband internet. I think they are the only company in the country that actually wanted to implement the recent past federal government policy on broadband internet penetration with low data cost, which was spearheaded by the former minister, Mrs. Omobola Johnson.

Unfortunately, I may say that the plan do not go on well. In the year 2014, Glo was rated as the best in the provision of low data cost, internet speed and wide coverage in the campuses, cities and townships in Nigeria. Recently I have seen the decline in their internet speed, even in cities like Port Harcourt.

Though their data cost remain the best, 3.5GB at N1,000 per month, and the durability is still okay. But the decline in speed calls for concern when Nigerians have already sang “halleluiah the messiah has arrived”, now Glo is no longer in the list of fast internet providers in Nigeria but their data cost and durability is the best, what a discrepancy?

Before writing this article, I had recharged my Glo sim with N1,000 data and Airtel N1,000 respectively, while I only use the Airtel to open the jobforall website and stream four videos within four days, the data is as good as gone. However, I have used the Glo data for seven days, stream more that ten videos and counting, the data is till serving, though the speed is a problem.
So fellow Nigerians, what do we do about this condition? Glo as a corporate entity, they might be going through one problem or the other, like other companies in this time of depression. Nevertheless, they are in business and whatever that is worth doing is worth doing well.

I want Nigerian citizens to offer their suggestions and contributions on this subject matter, maybe it might spur the company’s management to do something about this issue, we are at the receiving end, we spend our little money to pay for the service and there is no reason why we should not get the value of our hard-earned money.

The managers of this company are not concerned about your complains because they are using free data and have the money to buy the best and fasted in the market, what about you and me? In addition, if there is a flaw you have noticed from any of the service providers, kindly let us know on this tread.

See you next time!
Re: The Flaw In The Globacom Bogus Data Bundle by cuedish: 1:07pm On May 05, 2017
The telecom companies have the government's backings.

Naija is in a sorry state

(1) (Reply)

7 Tips For A Better Social Media Live Broadcast / Get Instant Credit When You Need It With V-xchange / Apple Iphone 7 - 128GB -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.