Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) (33564 Views)

Nene Steve & Joy Aboel: Housemaid Tortured To Death, Hanged To Fake Suicide / #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers / EFCC Arrests Four Zamfara INEC Officials (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 05, 2017
Iamwrath:
I disagree , People with one voice can march against oppression , We are the citizens, we can demand what we want
That my friend will never happen... because of the ogbasaram (e no concern me) and "e go better" attitude majority of us have.
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 05, 2017
2shure:
Sars is filled with cultists
And armed robbers.
We need to kill these bastards
Too many innocent ones have died in they hands.
SARS need to be wiped off the face of the earth without a trace
i support you... But who will bell the cat? who will lead the revolt against them?

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Solorrman(m): 3:41pm On May 05, 2017
Ordinary lefty baboon,who tell u say buhari de work with sars,dump deaf,dnt u knw buhari is a president and he is d first good unbelievable president nigeria had
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Abdul124(m): 3:44pm On May 05, 2017
May God have mercy over is soul. It's hunger dat led d sars to look for does dat are nt criminal as criminal in order to extort money frm dem.
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by igbalodehunter(m): 3:50pm On May 05, 2017
O Lord Please Don't Let Me And SARS Have Anything To Do...I Don't Pray For Any Kind Of Cordial relationship With Them.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by linearity: 4:08pm On May 05, 2017
Based on pictures that I have been seeing recently...graves are no longer getting to six feets.

Does anyone in the house have an empirical know-how, why there is a change? From my understanding 6 feets was the norm because it helps to prevent infections and risks for contamination and contacts with humans and animals who borrow into the earth and not too deep to contaminate drinking water.
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Lules(f): 4:16pm On May 05, 2017
Researchz:
Tears as Photographer Who was Reportedly Tortured to Death by SARS Officials is Buried (Photo)

The photographer, Kola Aderogba who was allegedly tortured to death by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad in Ibadan, Oyo state has been buried.

Photographer, Kola Aderogba has been buried amid tears after he was allegedly tortured to death

It was sadness, anger and mournful atmosphere in Ibadan as a photographer, Kola Aderogba was buried in Sango Cemetery, Ibadan, Oyo State, on Thursday.

Aderogba was allegedly tortured to death by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad. At the ceremony, family members and friends of the victim rained curses on the suspected killers as they called for justice, saying his death must not be in vain.

Punch reported that Aderogba was buried in a wooden coffin around 2pm. His younger sister, Seyi, who spoke with PUNCH Metro amidst tears, said the 55-year-old was never married due to disappointments he had from women.

She said, “We want God to hasten judgement on the killers of my brother. If the judge of the world is slack and unjust, God does not use pen and paper and does not wear robes. He looks at people’s works and I want God to examine the works of these men. From this moment, I don’t want them to have rest. Although he was 55, he was never married due to disappointments he got from women. Our parents are late. He was the eldest of three children. My brother did not smoke hemp or cigarette. He was a quiet man.”

PUNCH Metro had reported that Kola was taking a concoction of herbs at a joint in the Challenge area, Ibadan, around 8.30pm on April 21, when a team of policemen raided the spot.

He was alleged to have been arrested together with four others. The men were taken to the SARS office at Dugbe, where they were allegedly tortured. They were said to have been interviewed by a senior officer, who reportedly cleared them of wrongdoing and asked that they be released after paying for bail.

It was learnt that the suspects paid between N25,000 and N40,000 before they were released. The victim, who, however, could not raise any money and had no one to come for him, was detained for seven days. On the seventh day, a member of his church negotiated who N5,000, paid N3,500. He later went to look for the balance of N1,500.

While the church member was away, the policemen were said to have ordered a motorcycle rider to take him home. He was reported to have slumped and died on the motorcycle.

A family member, Olaolu Adeyeye, told PUNCH Metro on Thursday that after Kola’s death, he reported the case to the police at the Orita division, adding that the policemen did not give him attention.

He said another family member contacted the police spokesperson in the state, who ordered the Orita division to issue the family a police report. He said, “When we returned to the station, the policemen gave us the report with which we deposited the corpse in a morgue.

“The next day, we returned to the station and they took our statements. They later transferred the case to the area command at Iyaganku. At the command, we were asked to make another statements after which we were asked to go and conduct an autopsy.

“We contacted the doctors at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, and we were asked to pay for the autopsy. When we called a few days later, we were told that the result was ready. They, however, refused to issue us a copy, saying they had sent it to the police.”

Adeyeye said he confirmed from the police that the report was indeed ready, adding that the command asked him to make a formal request for a copy from the hospital.

According to Punch, a mild drama ensued at the command when some suspects, who were purportedly in the same cell with the deceased, were brought out to deny the report that he was tortured.

The suspects reportedly stated that Kola injured himself in the cell by putting his legs in a shackle. A cousin of the victim, who did not want to be identified due to the presence of some cops at the scene of the burial, called for justice.

She said, “No man can escape death and that is the reason we should all fear God. We may have buried him now, but I know God does not sleep. He will give the right judgment.”

http://tweemk..com.ng/2017/05/tears-as-photographer-who-was.html

this only happens in nigeria
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by LastlyFREEDOM: 4:38pm On May 05, 2017
Please,

Any member of the family of the dead person or relatives or any person who can useful information regarding this unfortunate incident should

quickly and kindly reach out to me us: truedemocracyfornigeria@gmail.com for immediate FREE legal redress so as to seek justice for the dead

and adequate compensation of the bereaved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by sisisioge: 4:40pm On May 05, 2017
It is well! These illiterate policemen should be sued directly. Bail is free! Why keep an innocent mail in jail? Whew!
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by LastlyFREEDOM: 4:41pm On May 05, 2017
Please,

Any member of the family of the dead person or relatives or any person who can volunteer any useful information regarding this unfortunate

incident should quickly and kindly reach out to me us: truedemocracyfornigeria@gmail.com for immediate FREE legal redress so as to seek justice

for the dead and adequate compensation of the bereaved.

And may the soul of the departed find eternal solace and rest in the bosom of our Heavenly Father, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by sisisioge: 4:41pm On May 05, 2017
LastlyFREEDOM:
Please,

Any member of the family of the dead person or relatives or any person who can useful information regarding this unfortunate incident should

quickly and kindly reach out to me us: truedemocracyfornigeria@gmail.com for immediate FREE legal redress so as to seek justice for the dead

and adequate compensation of the bereaved.

Cc Researchz
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Spells(m): 5:05pm On May 05, 2017
If na me be the photographer spirit ehen, I go torture all of e'm lives... Metcheew
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by LeSaint(m): 5:06pm On May 05, 2017
LastlyFREEDOM:
Please,

Any member of the family of the dead person or relatives or any person who can volunteer any useful information regarding this unfortunate

incident should quickly and kindly reach out to me us: truedemocracyfornigeria@gmail.com for immediate FREE legal redress so as to seek justice

for the dead and adequate compensation of the bereaved.

And may the soul of the departed find eternal solace and rest in the bosom of our Heavenly Father, Amen.

Count me in too, for a contribution.

If the DPO of that station is still in office, then know that the Commissioner condones what they do, and are therefore PARTNERS IN CRIME.

#FightTheEvilPower

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by ManTiger(m): 5:26pm On May 05, 2017
jpworld:
Why will this continue to happen? Because all our prominent people including religious leaders will never speak.

No politician will condemn this act, no General overseer will ask for justice. The poor will likely continue to die in the hands of police, and never will there be justice.

Never rest in peace, until you revenge your death. Chase your killers and those helping them to cover up to madness and to shameful death.

I wish I can like this comment more than once.
Imagine how worthless a life of a common man is in this country.
This man was murdered and there is nobody protesting his death like its a normal thing.
I guess his only crime was his financial state of being poor.
OMG, this country is very pathetic!
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by garba255(m): 6:17pm On May 05, 2017
When we say you are under arrest, and you start to misbehave, we will have to carry you like a baby, so why don't you just behave.

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Aremu01(m): 7:09pm On May 05, 2017
God I am so angry.... Is this a country
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Aremu01(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2017
One thing I know for sure...nemesis will fight .... That's very very sure
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by pizzylee(m): 7:27pm On May 05, 2017
those SARS folks r very heartless....they once stopped me n want to go tru my phone n tz was dead...dey didn't lemme go cos my phone was dead imagine.......dey beat pole anyhow but I think d govt has done smtin abt it cos I rarely see dem dz days. r.I.p to d dead
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by mannycrown: 7:35pm On May 05, 2017
SARS: "Scoundrels in Uniform"

who remember that Novel (Literature) in Junior Secondary?
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by mokt(m): 7:55pm On May 05, 2017
Sometimes I wonder what's worse, Nigeria or Hell?
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by afamaustin(m): 8:29pm On May 05, 2017
God punish SARS.
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by homopoliticus: 9:54pm On May 05, 2017
garba255:
When we say you are under arrest, and you start to misbehave, we will have to carry you like a baby, so why don't you just behave.
With due respect to ur filthy uniform, cos I can see from ur avatar that u're a Nigerian Police Officer, u must be a very stupid man!
U just come to me and say I'm under arrest? What for? Without anything incriminating on me? Honestly the Nigerian Police Force needs massive reformation!! U guys are pathetic!!
Spits!!! Taah

4 Likes

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by lereinter(m): 10:05pm On May 05, 2017
police is your fiend always
a curse trails that profession
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 05, 2017
Rip
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by whizcartel(m): 11:29pm On May 05, 2017
They will not investigate this extra judicial killings now... Shey dis people dey sleep for night at all Savages. Scrap SARS. WE NO WANT AGAIN.
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by whizcartel(m): 11:35pm On May 05, 2017
Let's show this people we mean business. Enough is enough. Let's go on Twitter and demand for the resignation of the CP of Lagos state Police command. The incident that happened in onipanu has been swept under the mat. Now this one would take the same course if we don't make our voices heard.
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by whizcartel(m): 11:38pm On May 05, 2017
uzoclinton:
i support you... But who will bell the cat? who will lead the revolt against them?
I will.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by bfranklin: 1:05am On May 06, 2017
This is so sad. We need to start reporting this type of behavior and blow whistle crimes and police brutality. There is a Nigeria whistle blowing mobile app available on google play store. Its called SeeSomeTin. You can use it to report crimes, domestic violence, police brutality etc. I just downloaded it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=whistleblowerng.com.seesometin
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Man2utd(m): 1:54am On May 06, 2017
This bastards should be labeled special robbery squad, they are always dressed like part of the requirements for the job is to look untidy. Some of their men stopped me yesterday at ogudu and brought to my attention that my vehicle license had expired in April, I told him it was an oversight, that I will just get the renewal done immediately, he was like my offense will cost me 22000, if I get to their office that how do I want to settle them there, I had to pay the hungry men 2000 so they can release me in time and I went to the bank to renew the license immediately.
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Man2utd(m): 1:57am On May 06, 2017
The only reason why Nigerian police are given a bit of respect is because of their guns. Take the guns away and see how people will disrespect and abuse them..
Re: Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 06, 2017
funny pipo, una no get money for bail but una sharpaly look for money to do autopsy. because una wan sue NPF get money from them abi? Agbero meet Abgero ..NPF go deny una tire.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Cries Out For Help From An Indonesian Jail (video) / Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded / Boko Haram Kills Ali Garga, Commander Who Attempts To Surrender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.