Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Should This Be A Cause For Concern To Africans? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Should This Be A Cause For Concern To Africans? (483 Views)

Lightning And Thunder Strike Cause Panic In Edo State (Photo) / Earth Tremor In Maitama, Ministry Says No Cause For Panic / Man From Gombe & His Locally Made Vehicle Cause A Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should This Be A Cause For Concern To Africans? by gsogbu(m): 9:38pm On May 05, 2017
China's first big passenger plane takes off for maiden flight:
1. AS AN AFRICAN, SHOULD THIS BE A SAD DAY FOR YOU?
2. WHAT ACCOUNTS FOR THE BACKWARDNESSOF AFRICA?
3. HOW CAN WE CATCH-UP?
I dont know the right place to place this, but I pray this gets to the right person. The reason for this article is to raise the question of how backward we are technologically.

China's first large domestically made passenger aircraft has taken off for its maiden flight, mounting a major challenge to Boeing and Airbus.
State TV showed what appeared to be a normal take off from Pudong airport in Shanghai.
The plane is a key symbol of Beijing's soaring ambitions to enter the global aviation market.

The jet by state-owned firm Comac has been planned since 2008 but the flight was repeatedly pushed back.
For Friday's maiden flight, the plane carried only its skeleton crew of five pilots and engineers and took off in front of a crown of thousands of dignitaries, aviation workers and enthusiasts.

Ahead of the flight, state television said the plane would fly at an altitude of only 3,000 metres (9,800 feet), some 7,000 metres lower than a regular trip, and reach a speed of around 300 kilometres (186 miles) per hour.
The C919 is designed to be a direct competitor to Boeing's 737 and the Airbus A320.
It's estimated that the global aviation market will be worth $2tn (£1.55tn) over the next 20 years.

I know many of you may say your opinion wont change a thing, but i beleive that the internet never forgets and someone, somewhere, someday will be opportune to read about your comment which may encourage them to to something better.
As a Nigerian, as a Nairalander, as an individual should this be a cause for concern?
Source http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-39814146

(1) (Reply)

Einstein Nobel Prize / Students Made A Car That Gets A Staggering 2,713 Miles Per Gallon / What Is A #bitcoin? How Much Is It Worth? Is It Safe? How Do I Get Some?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.