Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Sight Of Blood And Mutilated Dead Bodies: Our New Fun Catalogue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sight Of Blood And Mutilated Dead Bodies: Our New Fun Catalogue (405 Views)

Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) / CBN Call Back Overused And Mutilated Noted / Governor Ajimobi: I Washed Dead Bodies For 8 Years To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sight Of Blood And Mutilated Dead Bodies: Our New Fun Catalogue by PatriotTemidayo: 9:01am On May 06, 2017
When I was much younger and innocent, I could clearly remember occasions where elderly ones would chase the kidos outa the room in order to stop us from watching something rather inappropriate in simple soap operas.

Something as simple as kissing in movies was a no-show-no-see for youngsters below the age of 10. These were beautiful days, when the society's moral alarm was yet unbroken, right now, and in this present age, the gadget for moral standards is totally out of order.

In my Undergraduate days, I remember an occasion of a Riot and bloody fight between two tribes that lead to the death of several people on both sides, if memory serves me right, I clearly remember that I was unable to eat for almost three days straight because I saw a burnt victim of the riot. Whenever I tried to eat, all I remember is the smothering flesh of man set ablaze on top of his own vehicle, and I would throw up. The sensation of horror lasted more than two weeks before I shook it off my mind.

Now, and most especially here on Nairaland, the innocent warning of GRAPHIC PHOTOS, which is supposed to warn would-be readers has become a sort of PREFERRED INVITATION to such thread. As a matter of fact, decapitated bodies and blood-hoosing fresh wounds has become a form of amusement. Sometimes I wonder how I got to this level, to be more specific, and less mild, I think its the same for a lot of people. Something has happened to our brains.

This is not an accident, as a matter of fact, it is the cumulative effect of obscene scenes, and deliberate simplification of tragedy. Over time, we have been bombarded with too much bad news, and massacre that we no longer feel different, with new unfortunate incidences looking normal to us. Its a subliminal mind alteration, whether deliberate, or accidental.

Children of 6 years can tell you almost everything about sex now (If you stumble on them in their secret corners where they discuss it), to speak more frankly, some of them indulge in sexual activities already. Dont blame it on their parents, the society has no respect for boundaries any more. Seeing dead bodies and formerly horrifying sight no longer pinch our mood. Our conscience and empathy are dying slowly, and the Guilt of wrongdoing is at low helm.

"They say if you wanna mess with their lives, mess with their minds"

To think we can reverse these trends is the height unrealism. The world is moving fast and ahead, whether positive or negative but what I had promise myself is to constantly turn my empathy and sympathy button on whenever I come across anything tragic, and to activate principle mode at the sight of anything inordinate. it might not do much in changing my mindset at once, but it will remind me that I still have a heart and it is my choice to use it or live like a machine.

You dont have to read this, but you did anyways. Thank you. lets change the world one person at a time, it doesn't have to be earth-shattering, little is good enough.

Yours Truly,
Patriot Temidayo.
Re: Sight Of Blood And Mutilated Dead Bodies: Our New Fun Catalogue by bewla(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2017
I never read o
Re: Sight Of Blood And Mutilated Dead Bodies: Our New Fun Catalogue by PatriotTemidayo: 9:18am On May 06, 2017
bewla:
I never read o
All Join. Change the world in ur own little way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Former Aviation Minister Femi Fani Kayode, Others Gets New Trial Judge / Democracy Day Speech In Pigin As Posted By Ag President / Where Is Buhari ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.