Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,322 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari (566 Views)

Ignore Fake News, Osinbajo Will Never Resign – Group / 6 Persons Feared Dead As Pro-Buhari Attacks Resume Or Resign Group / Charly Boy Collapses At The Resume Or Resign Protest In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by nurex01(m): 11:44am On May 06, 2017
Friday Olokor, Jos

A civil rights movement, Concerned Nigerians, has given the Presidency two weeks ultimatum within which President Muhammadu Buhari should conduct a media chat to address the nation on the state of his health and other national issues.

Should the President fail to speak out, the organisation threatened to shut down the country and commence a series of nationwide peaceful processions and call for his resignation from office.

The position of CN, was contained in a six-paragraph statement released on Saturday and entitled: “We will shut down Nigeria if Buhari does not conduct a media chat in two weeks”, signed by its Convener, Deji Adeyanju and Secretary, Dr. John Danfulani.

The CN said that for several weeks, the health of the President had been the source of speculation, as he had neither appeared in public nor attend several official functions, including Federal Executive Cabinet meetings.

The statement reads: “The handling of the situation relating to President Buhari’s health has led to a lot of political uncertainty in the country. This economic uncertainty has, in turn, led to a lot of economic uncertainty as major economic stakeholders and players are unable to make short, middle and long-term economic decisions.

“Furthermore, the uncertainty about President Buhari’s health is stoking ethnic and religious tensions. Only recently a user of the social networking site – Facebook – threatened to kill 200 innocent Nigerians if President Buhari dies. This threat may not be unconnected with rumours making rounds in the northern parts of the country that President Buhari was poisoned.

“To this end, we call on President Buhari to, as a matter of urgency, publicly address the nation on the state of his health and other national issues. Such an address will go a long way in assuaging the socio-economic and political tensions.

“If President Buhari fails or refuses to address the nation within 14 days of this statement, we will commence a series of nationwide peaceful processions calling on President Buhari to resign from office. The processions will also call on the Federal Executive Council and the National Assembly to set up a committee to assess his health in line with Section 144 of the Constitution if he fails or refuses to do so.

“While we recognise that illnesses can afflict anyone, particularly someone of President Buhari’s age, an occupant of the Office of the President has to be more forthcoming with information regarding his health. It is an obligation that the President bears to conduct himself in a manner that does not affect the peace, order and good governance of the country.”

While wishing President Buhari a speedy recovery from the illnesses that plague him, CN, however, believed that “he can no longer recover in a manner that plagues the entire country.”

http://punchng.com/ill-health-address-nigerians-or-resign-group-tells-buhari/

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by Ermacc: 11:45am On May 06, 2017
Greed has now set in on buhari's taste for power. He's physically and mentally incapable, yet would never step down. I use to feel this country has been on auto-pilot, but no! It is been flown by a tailor.

1 Like

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by hushshinani(m): 11:47am On May 06, 2017
Buhari is not God....
Anybody is bound to sick at anytime...
Especially when you're eager to work...
Not like looters that are ready to do nothing...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by nurex01(m): 11:47am On May 06, 2017
I think his health is personal to him, he shouldn't disclose it to anyone. As a medical doctor, if patient came for treatment you mustn't Reveal his health status.
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by vayne(m): 11:48am On May 06, 2017
I see
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by nurex01(m): 11:48am On May 06, 2017
Above all, I don't support him disclosing his health status. I believe Buhari health is improving.
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by mikky4764(f): 11:56am On May 06, 2017
He is just bin programmed cos he knows wat to do but do not want to do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by nurex01(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2017
mikky4764:
He is just bin programmed cos he knows wat to do but do not want to do it.

Smiling
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:58am On May 06, 2017
We don't wanna know the Sickness anymore.....

Hunger, Poverty, JOB losses and Suffering are enough sicknesses emanating from Buhari body.....

We need Revolution...!!

Buhari Must Go...

2 Likes

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by nurex01(m): 12:01pm On May 06, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
We don't wanna know the Sickness anymore.....

Hunger, Poverty, JOB losses and Suffering are enough sicknesses emanating from Buhari body.....

We need Revolution...!!

Buhari Must Go...

Revolution? I think that we worsen the situation
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by FriendNG: 12:02pm On May 06, 2017
nurex01:
I think his health is personal to him, he shouldn't disclose it to anyone. As a medical doctor, if patient came for treatment you mustn't Reveal his health status.

You cannot reveal it even to your colleague Doctor except when it become necessary for the purpose of treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by obamabinladen(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2017
nurex01:
Above all, I don't support him disclosing his health status. I believe Buhari health is improving.

Don't allow the PACKAGED Buhari you saw yesterday to deceive you. Old age sickness don't improve but only takes its victims to the great beyond.

1 Like

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by Khd95(m): 12:31pm On May 06, 2017
I wish u good health nd quick recovery Mr Buhari
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2017
Make unah write the letter for him and sign na. Yeye people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 12:42pm On May 06, 2017
Yimu
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by kenny987(f): 12:42pm On May 06, 2017
nurex01:

If he's being treated with his private funds and doing his thing on his private time that will be perfectly alright. However, he is a public citizen and has recourse to public funds (yet undisclosed) for whatever ails him. It is simple accountability and respect for rule of law that he comply with requirements of public scrutiny or step down into a private life.
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by nurex01(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:

You cannot reveal it even to your colleague Doctor except when it become necessary for the purpose of treatment.

Yes. Yo get me right.
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by nurex01(m): 2:46pm On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:

Yes. You get me right.
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by FriendNG: 4:00pm On May 06, 2017
nurex01:

Yes. Yo get me right.
Yeah Hippocratic oath.
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by ThatIgboBoy: 4:09pm On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:

Yeah Hippocratic oath.

Both u and the quack doctor u quoted are silly.

Are we asking buhari's doctor to reveal his health status? No

We are asking buhari to address the nation and tell us what is wrong with him since he is being treated with public funds and u guys are talking sshiit about hippocratic oat.
Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by nurex01(m): 4:12pm On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:

Yeah Hippocratic oath.

Yes, boss. U understand me very well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ill-health: Address Nigerians Or Resign, Group Tells Buhari by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:16pm On May 06, 2017
I do rather prefer him(Buhari) staying indoors than rather watch him spew hates speeches in the of name media chat.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Arms Scandal Resurfaces In US Court / Ex-british Parliamentarian, Eric Joyce, Insists Buhari Is Dead / Mossad Wants To Kill Me, Cries Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.