Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. (1376 Views)

Ondo Sends Back Almajiris From Sokoto – Official / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Friends Travelling To Abuja From Kaduna Die In Terrible Accident(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by easzypeaszy(m): 12:26pm On May 06, 2017
Qualification: M.Sc
Geopolitical Zone: Middle Belt

Reasons;
I live in Sokoto, I was borth and brought up there but due to the following reasons am considering relocating.

Sokoto Economy;
Sokoto economically is not among first- twenty state in Nigeria becouse of the distance, arsh weather, boundary with country(Niger)and states (Kebbi and Zamfara) Sokoto himself is economically stronger than.

Job Creation and Employment;

The easiest job you can get in Sokoto most especially science graduates are private schools teaching job, though I work with one of the biggest and highest paid private school but with salary of 35k/month.

To get like banking or marketing jobs that are common, you most either travel to Abuja or Lagos for aptitude test. Traveling to Abuja for instance will cost 20k to and fro apart from feeding and accommodation.

Getting a government job here, dont even go there. But easy for medical related fields to get job at Usman Danfodio Teaching Hospital Sokoto (UDUS).

Food and Other Items;

Food items are expensive e.g garri,palm oil, Yam etc r not produce in this area.

Clothes and other gadget are expensive, for instance the last time I traveled to Abuja I bought a new coat(top) for less than 1k, you cannever get such here in Sokoto.

Accomodation:;
Hmmmm...accommodation here compete with some big cities in Nigeria like Lagos and Abuja.
In Sokoto you can get a two bedroom for 150k. Not tiled, no water, no gate, no kitchen, very very poor ventilated housing etc.
In gwagwalada the house my friend rented he paid 200k, one bedroom flat,big kitchen well tiled, constant water supply, shower, gate, security man, good packing space, trees..chaiii..Oga to get such here you must pay 300k.

Transportation;
In Sokoto, transportation is very cheap and because I have a bike i spend less than 8k to fuel my bike per month..and I cover a distance of approximately 15km per day.

Moving To Abuja;
I get job invitation frequently but distance and capital has been my greatest barrier.

I will be close to my state.

I have like 200k to relocate with.

Moderator please note: I don't want this to make front page.
Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2017
I rather move to Lagos as a hustler than Abuja. Your 200K will be exhausted very fast and the job don't come easily.

1 Like

Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by easzypeaszy(m): 12:49pm On May 06, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I rather move to Lagos as a hustler than Abuja. Your 200K will be exhausted very fast and the job don't come easily.
don't know much about lag
Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:31pm On May 06, 2017
easzypeaszy:
don't know much about lag
If you are not really desperate for the job you can stay in Abuja but if you need it desperately and don't care about short term comfort much you should move to Lagos.

The possibility of getting a job fast in Abuja is what I'm looking at. But in case you want to stay there you should stay in Zuba, Nyanya, or Karemo while you chase jobs in Abuja.

Better still of you have a family in Abuja you can work out something. On a personal note, I can't be moving out of any part of Nigeria to Abuja when I don't have a job or one waiting for me.

3 Likes

Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:33pm On May 06, 2017
It seems you want to stay close to home. If it's really necessary you should stay somewhere close to home.

1 Like

Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:34pm On May 06, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, please can you help this guy out.
Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by easzypeaszy(m): 3:54pm On May 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
It seems you want to stay close to home. If it's really necessary you should stay somewhere close to home.
yap n tnx
Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:52pm On May 07, 2017
easzypeaszy:
yap n tnx
You are welcome.
Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by SageTravels: 8:12pm On May 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If you are not really desperate for the job you can stay in Abuja but if you need it desperately and don't care about short term comfort much you should move to Lagos.

The possibility of getting a job fast in Abuja is what I'm looking at. But in case you want to stay there you should stay in Zuba, Nyanya, or Karemo while you chase jobs in Abuja.

Better still of you have a family in Abuja you can work out something. On a personal note, I can't be moving out of any part of Nigeria to Abuja when I don't have a job or one waiting for me.

You made valid points. I'm in Abuja now. Its not really easy for me. transportation alone is something else. I don't have issues with accommodation cos I am staying with my aunt. most of all the jobs are government jobs but in Lagos, you can get a better private company's Job. Another thing is, You can get a job but where you would get cheaper accommodation would be far away n that will require transportation.
Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:14pm On May 07, 2017
SageTravels:

You made valid points. I'm in Abuja now. Its not really easy for me. transportation alone is something else. I don't have issues with accommodation cos I am staying with my aunt. most of all the jobs are government jobs but in Lagos, you can get a better private company's Job. Another thing is, You can get a job but where you would get cheaper accommodation would be far away n that will require transportation.
Exactly. But if I were you, since I have a bike, I'd give myself a target of six or eighteen months and go into Okada business Full Time. With discipline and a fixed deposit account. Once the time elapses I bounce and invest it in something. Or even take the transport thing to a whole new level. It's easier to give advice though. Lol. but it's possible.

1 Like

Re: Advice: I Want To Relocate To Abuja From Sokoto. by Nobody: 10:59am On May 10, 2017
if u r ready to move to Abuja...I know a friend who wnt to sell a room self contain at wunba very close to shop rite in Apo district.. asking price is n200k but u can negotiate.
also while u r here ...look for high purchase taxi be self employed while at d same time u can still used ur Cvs! out.

I have a brother who did exactly same thing and he's currently working withbDiamond bank.

call me on! 08ll966670l.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Much Does It Cost To Travel To Ghana By Road From Lagos / Can I Drive In Texas During A Short Visit With My Valid Naija License / Top 10 Cheap And Affordable Universities In Canada [$5000 To $15000 Per Year]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.