Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video (874 Views)

UNIPORT 2017/2018 Admission Help In The 2nd Batch Category:call 07067854889 / See What I Found When I Tried To Log Into My Yahoo Mail Today! / How To Get Your Google Adsense Application Reviewed Withing 3 Days To One Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Copycracker(m): 3:56pm On May 06, 2017
Whatup Temolad!!

Great to see you requested for another review..

But guy, na wa for you o. One review no do?

LOL. Just kidding grin

You requested a second review. A second review you will get.

And I'm gonna throw in the video too.

[If you would prefer to watch the video, follow this link-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqnTASMUlfQ . If not, just read the post. And if you want to do both, you know what to do]

Without too much "senrenre", let's begin.

I. Design And Layout

Okay, the design is fair. I can't really beef you on that.

The snowflakes coloured background versus the red tabs and links thing. Cool. Simple, but cool.

(a) The Title- Temolad Blog

You really don't have to put the "Blog" in there as part of the title. Kinda makes it over-worded (is that even a word?)... LOL

You can just leave it as Temolad and you'll be solid.

(b) I definitely love the fact that you used a tagline that tells us what you're about.

"Motivational and Inspirational Article Planet"

Straight to the point, tells us this site right here is about motivational and inspirational articles, so if that's what you're looking for, you've come to the right place.

I would suggest rewriting that as "Motivational and Inspirational Articles for (insert your target audience here)"

That way, you can better target your audience.

(c) Your primary navigation menu

Cool. You pretty much have everything that tells us where to go on your site, but there's still one gbagaun there.

"Site Map"

Why do we need a site map when you have your primary nav menu there. And then when you click on site map, it leads us nowhere.

Not much of a map really.

Don't have a page in your primary nav menu that doesn't have a purpose.

REMOVE that page with immediate alacrity!

Also try and make your primary nav menu sticky so it follows us as we scroll down the page.

(d) Your right side bar

You've got all the useful links,etc but it's not really arranged.

You might want to arrange it as follows:

* Search bar- Because we need to know we have a way to see if you have what we're looking for when we come to your site.
* Popular posts
* Categories
* Tweet box
* Archives
* The "follow this blog by email" box

The Pages menu there.. yeah, delete that, it's not serving any useful purpose.

(e) Your left side bar

It looks a bit lonely there... and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but I noticed no social media icons in the upper part of your site. You should consider having some in your left side bar.

(f) I love the way your content is displayed. It doesn't tell us the whole story but gives us just a bit of an idea to know whether the posts are for us (or not)

(g) Your footer

You've got the good stuff here, but looking at the section "Site Admin", you didn't really talk about you there. The description you gave there sounds more like a Call to Action (which I didn't notice on your site, but we'll come to that later).

Change it up there, and give us something short, sweet and interesting to read about you.

And then you have something called "Directories" there but the items underneath it look more like Categories. Change it to Categories.

I don't have beef with the one called "Pages"

Now, let's talk about your Content.

2. Content.

From where I'm sitting, your content seems okay. Most of your articles are of moderate length, which is not bad.

I noticed in some of your articles though, you kinda muddled it up- created one too many large paragraphs.

Recent studies (http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2013/06/how_people_read_online_why_you_won_t_finish_this_article.html and almost everywhere online) shows that most people don't really have that much of an attention span considering there's a video of a cat riding a bike somewhere online for them to find and watch.

So most people scan through articles. What does this mean for you?

This means break up those huge blocks of paragraphs into shorter ones that make it easier for them to read and follow your writing.

Basically, paragraph size of about 2-4 short sentences is a great rule to follow.

And your headlines...

While they're good, they could be better.

Go to this link (http://www.copyblogger.com/magnetic-headlines/ ) and grab a free copy of that eBook to help you figure that out.

... I had almost forgotten.

At the bottom right of your page, there's this button that looks like an arrow pointing to the right. When you hover over that, your share buttons come out.

Yes. that one.

While it could be every developers delight, it does not delight your audience because most of them don't even know it's there.

Get rid of that, and make it easier and more obvious for your audience how to share your posts by simply putting those links in the left sidebar.

Repeat after me- " I wee not confuse the user."

Again!

Got it? Good.

Now some words on SEO.

I believe you should optimize your posts... stat.

Although, I'm not really an expert on how you do that in Blogger. But the plan's practically like I outlined in my last review:

SEO: A typical SEO plan would involve:

- finding target keywords and identifying the ones with high volume + medium competition
- Using those keywords in your H1 header, and sub headings, putting it in alt text of your images and media, and sprinkling it in your text
- Getting backlinks from reputable sites, and blogs within your niche

Notice at the second point I said sprinkle, not shower.

Common wisdom says you should put your target keyword after every 100 words of your content....

BUT I believe in human optimization, so I recommend you only put it in where it actually makes sense, otherwise at some point, big Daddy Google wee be looking at you like: "Shey you don dey madt abi?"

Now, on the subject of getting backlinks, you need to reach out to top bloggers in your niche (use alltop.com to find them or just google it), guestblog for them (how you do that would be too long for this review), share their posts, and request that they link to you (and offer them an article that would benefit their audience to link to).

Obviously, this begins with first creating great content, but that's the general idea.

I looked at your Temolad profile page. Guy, abeg revamp that thing joor. Make it interesting for your target audience to read through, and please change that picture in favour of a better quality one with you smiling, for obvious reasons.

The pishurr there now dey scare away visitors, for realzz.

Anyway, overall you've done a great job, but now is time for real yarns:

What is the ultimate purpose of your blog? Is it just for fun or is it a business?

Since you're obviously not planning to use Ads (or are you?) , you might want to consider the following options:

(a) Writing an eBook and selling it
(b) Becoming a life coach and selling your services through your site.
(c) Using the site to land writing gigs
etcetera shmetcetera

Like I said in the video, the possibilities are just endless.

So don't dull.

Anyway, that's my 2 kobos on your site.

2 Reviews and 1 video for only You. Guy I don try.

If you ask for a 3rd review, you better be ready (financially) LOL.

Happy Hustling!
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by babatee126(m): 8:25am On May 07, 2017
Thanks for doing this for us
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Temolad: 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
Howdy Mr. Copycracker
Thanks for taking your time with my blog..

But guy, na wa for you o. One review no do? LOL. Just kidding
never mind bro, i shall hallo for another soon
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Temolad: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
[
You really don't have to put the "Blog" in there as part of the title. Kinda makes it over-worded (is that even a word?)... LOL
You can just leave it as Temolad and you'll be solid.
hmm bro. Making the title 'Temolad' won't sound solid, - since 'Temolad' does not explain what the blog is/ all about. I think so though
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Copycracker(m): 12:17am On Jun 06, 2017
Temolad is a brand name, much like Google or Bellanaija or Yahoo or Amazon. Does any of these names I've mentioned tell you what the site is about?

Your tagline is what will tell us what your site is about.

Temolad:
[ hmm bro. Making the title 'Temolad' won't sound solid, - since 'Temolad' does not explain what the blog is/ all about. I think so though
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by TechPanda(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Bros, Your Writing Style Sha! I Respect
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Temolad: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2017
Copycracker:
Temolad is a brand name, much like Google or Bellanaija or Yahoo or Amazon. Does any of these names I've mentioned tell you what the site is about?

noted!!
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Temolad: 7:49am On Jun 16, 2017
What is the ultimate purpose of your blog? Is it just for fun or is it a business?
not for fun my oga... Business
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Temolad: 7:54am On Jun 16, 2017
Since you're obviously not planning to use Ads (or are you?) , you might want to consider the following options:
(a) Writing an eBook and selling it
(b) Becoming a life coach and selling your services through your site.
(c) Using the site to land writing gigs
I've many ebooks here on my device, but I don't know how I can sell them on my blog. You can help me with that Mr Copycracker

More explanation on @@(c)
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Codedboy95(m): 9:54am On Jun 16, 2017
Copycracker:

can you review Droid.ng.. thanks
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Kimcutie: 10:28am On Jun 16, 2017
Review my pls www.thearticle.com.ng
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Copycracker(m): 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
Then post it here - https://www.nairaland.com/3765331/post-website-blog-here-get , otherwise I won't review it.

Codedboy95:
can you review Droid.ng.. thanks
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Copycracker(m): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Copycracker(m): 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
Contact me here - www.500nairawriter.com/contact/

Temolad:
I've many ebooks here on my device, but I don't know how I can sell them on my blog. You can help me with that Mr Copycracker

More explanation on @@(c)
Re: What Happened When I Reviewed Temolad Blog For The 2nd Time! + Video by Temolad: 7:54am On Jun 19, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Newly Approved Adsense Account For Sale At A Cheap Price / Craigslist Ad Posting Services At Cheap Rate / Legit Itunes Gift Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.