Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) (916 Views)

Lil Wayne: I Want To Go To Nigeria, I Heard Nigeria Is Lit Too / Fans React To Wizkid's Video With P. Diddy: "You Look Sick" / Wizkid To Do Free Shows In Uganda. See Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by Onyejemechimere(m): 8:09pm On May 06, 2017
Multiple award-winning Nigerian singer, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, better known by his stage name Wizkid, just left Nigerians wondering 'Why' after he allegedly told a lie about his actions in Nigeria.

The 26-year-old is working on promoting his single ‘Come closer’ in the US. Just as he has done with a few other media houses, Wizkid’s next stop was with DJ Semtex, an English disc jockey and presenter for BBC Radio 1Xtra digital radio station. Where he talks about his music influences, exploding career and emergence and more.

[img]www.fotor.com-2017-05-06-19-55-25.jpeg">https://4.bp..com/-QCgrDePOeR8/WQ4cJsVquXI/AAAAAAAAF9w/9-ygueHnAZgKhlwD_r6eo04unPOq3_mlwCLcB/s1600/screenshot-www.fotor.com-2017-05-06-19-55-25.jpeg[/img]

Just as the interview was going fine, with the 'Ojuelegba' singer showing off his accent and getting better at it, then he was asked about the love Nigerians show him, he said he was so loved, and then in a bid to show that he reciprocates that love, he allegedly lied.

Wizkid left Nigerians wondering why he was painting an Image of what he allegedly wasn't back home, you can either watch the video below at the 9-minute mark, or read it below.

He said

“Nigerians are everywhere in the world, we are hustlers, so you know the Nigerians definitely love me,” Wizkid starts off his lie, with some truth. “Everywhere they go, they will tell you. Nigerians love me, and I love them too much. I will do anything for my Nigerian people man.
And Then

“Big shout to my Naija people. I love them too much. That’s why I do a lot back home. Sometimes I do free shows. I just pull up and say ‘Hey, Wizkid, free show.’ Sometimes I charge like a dollar for a show, sometimes I take like N1000, sometimes when I do shows at the Fela shrine, back with Femi (Kuti) and all that.”

Watch Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9KivrAC6_c

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/sometimes-i-do-free-shows-in-nigeria.html

cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by Onyejemechimere(m): 8:09pm On May 06, 2017
grin grin
Re: 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by Synord(m): 8:31pm On May 06, 2017
ika
Re: 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by LecciGucci: 8:45pm On May 06, 2017
Liar!!
Re: 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by princechurchill(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2017
Ogbanje in action... the devil currently is reviewing his tittle as the father of all liars, because Naija don take over

1 Like

Re: 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by Kingblingz(m): 8:57pm On May 06, 2017
Bunch of silly n jobless nigerianss.... Havent u seen a video of him performing on stage nd he throws money to his fans Una wey no get money go dey hate...
Re: 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by Timmy301(m): 1:14am On May 07, 2017
he can lie for africa
Re: 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by Ajasco222: 1:25am On May 07, 2017
Liar Liar pants on fire grin grin
Re: 'Sometimes I Do Free Shows In Nigeria, I Take Like N1000' - Wizkid (video) by OKorowanta: 8:08am On May 07, 2017
Fela shows are one of such dats why he specifically mentioned Africa shrine but I doubt if there is any other one to talk about.
Femi go pay anybody to perform for shrine?

(1) (Reply)

Madness:mayweather Rides In World Most Expensive Speed Boat(vid+pics) / Davido’s Cousin, B-red’s Father Cleared For APC Primary / Ghanaian Actress, Joselyn Dumas Shows Off Her backside In Exposing Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.