Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics (728 Views)

Nigerian Couple Caught With Heroine, Cocaine and drug money in india / Soldiers In Umuahia Arrest Men With Cocaine And Weed In Abia (Photos) / NDLEA Nabs Two Grandmothers For Drug Trafficking At Lagos Airport (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by morereb10: 9:07pm On May 06, 2017
It is no news that drug peddlers always device new ways to carry their merchandise and I thank God our able enforcement officers are keeping up with them. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) arrested two grandmothers with narcotics at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos on their way to the U.S and Saudi Arabia.

NDLEA spokesperson, Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju disclosed this in a statement on Saturday. He said the‎ suspects allegedly ingested 108 wraps of substances that tested positive for heroin and cocaine during outward screening of passengers at the MMIA, Lagos. He said that the‎ NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Ahmadu Garba gave the names of the suspected drug traffickers as Ebunoluwa Adebayo, 60, and Ayisat Amodu, 59.

He said that Ebunoluwa was‎ found to have ingested 83 wraps of heroin weighing 1.105kg on her way to New York,U.S while Ayisat ingested 25 wraps of cocaine weighing 275 grammes on her way to Medina, Saudi Arabia. ‎ Ofoyeju said that the women‎ blamed their involvement in drug trafficking on financial hardship.

He said preliminary investigation reveals that this is the first time a grandmother of 60 years will ingest a whopping 83 wraps of narcotics and noted that the second suspect was going to Saudi Arabia where drug trafficking attracts capital punishment.

“Adebayo Ebunoluwa Mercy was arrested while boarding a Virgin Atlantic flight to New York while Amodu Ayisat Grace was caught trying to board an Ethiopian airline flight on her way to Medina, Saudi Arabia,” he said.

He said that‎ ‎Ebunoluwa, a divorcee sells provisions at Ikorodu, Lagos while Ayisat sells food in Lagos.‎ In her words:

“I am a divorcee selling provision for survival. Things became rough and tough for me when I lost my capital due to family problems,” Ebunoluwa said‎. ”I was happy when they offered to sponsor my trip to Saudi Arabia but I never knew it will end in my detention,” Ayisat said.

‎He said that the‎ NDLEA Chairman, retired Col. Muhammad Abdallah assured that the agency would continue to work round the clock to root out drug traffickers in the country.
‎‎
“This move by drug cartels to recruit grandmothers as mules is very disturbing, shocking and shameful. ”The moral emptiness exhibited by the suspects must be condemned by all. A situation where grandmothers have become a bad influence on their children and grandchildren is highly regrettable,” Abdallah said.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/2-nigerian-grandmothers-arrested-at.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 dominique

Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by FearFactor1: 9:10pm On May 06, 2017
Hmm

If this makes front page and my post is deleted e no go better for that mod.

B/w I son snap shot an first

Moreao
NCAN see food is ready

Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by meeky007(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2017
“Adebayo Ebunoluwa Mercy AND Amodu Ayisat Grace

Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by Afonjashapmouth: 9:11pm On May 06, 2017
I just weak for the level of ignorance roaming around this old women's life, what.do we tell the youth Abeg when our guardians are drug peddlers
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by FearFactor1: 9:13pm On May 06, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
Ah
Wetin happen?
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by GloriaNinja(f): 9:13pm On May 06, 2017
OLDIES undecided nigeria don rot finish.
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 06, 2017
threads like this will want to make an afonja man deny his tribe. Old mama for damata grin
But I still dey rep sha angry
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by Onwardvic(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2017
U mean we can't hear an encouraging news in this country again. y all these?
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by ybalogs(m): 9:17pm On May 06, 2017
I'm glad the one going to Medinah was caught here for the next we would have heard about her is her death. So proceeds from food and Provisions is small now abi. Just dey disgrace Yorubas around. Mcheeew
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by ybalogs(m): 9:18pm On May 06, 2017
Those people known with these kind of crimes will come on here now to dey form holy pass. We know una even if nah Afonja misbehave this time around.
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 06, 2017
Land for sale.. Contact lalasticlala mynd44 for price.
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by meeky007(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2017
OrestesDante:
threads like this will want to make an afonja man deny his tribe. Old mama for damata grin
But I still dey rep sha angry
SO U ARE AN OLD WOMAN

Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by optional1(f): 9:26pm On May 06, 2017
afonja women have taken over my brothers jobs oh...
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 06, 2017
meeky007:
SO U ARE AN OLD WOMAN
read wetin i write again!
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by Dalastically: 9:29pm On May 06, 2017
Oooooooshe Iya.. buate Iya mi" owo meji fun eeyan kan, iba e 1million, " " oya chop knuckle"
Na hustle Jare.
No time for dulling
GOD bless your hustle.
Anybody wey judge you make he give 500k first before judging if not make him shut down... country is fucking hard guys need to hustle to put food on the table..

Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by Qudbell(m): 9:31pm On May 06, 2017
owo nikan lo le se ooo
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by Afonjashapmouth: 9:35pm On May 06, 2017
FearFactor1:

Wetin happen?
wey money take lost for.ur pocket
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by DozieInc(m): 9:37pm On May 06, 2017
sad sad
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by NaijaNaWaa: 9:40pm On May 06, 2017
NCAN, Upper Iweka was here...

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:46pm On May 06, 2017
Wonders Wii Neva cease.
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by obicentlis: 9:57pm On May 06, 2017
Crime has no tribe .

Big dealers are not Igbos.

Unfortunate ones are the birds , where majority of the Easterners feature in.

The real barons controls the birds.

Cut the barons and see the hustle goes down.

NDLEA knows the barons , can't touch them but flex muscle on just the birds.
Re: 2 Nigerian Grandmothers Arrested At Lagos Airport With Cocaine And Heroin - Pics by dandollaz: 10:09pm On May 06, 2017
The way Afonja will hide on seeing the names
NCAN disappointed by the name

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Cultism... / Lagos 'CEO' Dupes 5 Banks, Others With Fake Bank Alerts And Cheques (photos) / Graduate Caught Stealing Fufu And Was Made To Parade With It (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.