Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) (83365 Views)

Home Of Guild Of Benin Bronze Casters: World Heritage Site / City Ranking According To The Numbers of Hotels (real stats) / State With Highest Number Of Hotels And Indigenous Prostitutes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 9:20am On May 08, 2017
uglyafonja:
more hotels under construction....Hotels springs up like grass on daily basis

Is that a tourist bus ?
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by uglyafonja: 9:26am On May 08, 2017
Naughtysite:

Is that a tourist bus ?
Yes
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 9:40am On May 08, 2017
Great job @uglyafonja. I will be transiting through Owerri city soon, because of an ongoing project that should be done before the end of this second quarter. I'll love to contribute, if I peradventure take any nice shots. Owerri is beautiful.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by MrEverest(m): 9:56am On May 08, 2017
kuuljay:
Its very fascinating to know that owerri is a city shoulder to shoulder with abuja and port Harcourt ,yet it has been sooo underated even by Igbo's themselves ,when ever you mention development in IMO Igbo's goes for okorocha like
You are right with your school of thought. I dont like Rochas but I'll give him credit in doing a lot to really transform Owerri into a classy city. Owerri used to be a dull civil service town but today, Owerri can compare with the likes of Abuja, P.H & Lagos. New Owerri axis has become the playground of celebrities & rich people from all over Nigeria. If have money and live in Owerri, I bet you, you wont want to travel abroad!

1 Like

Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 10:04am On May 08, 2017
uglyafonja:
Owerri private estates
This doesn't look Nigerian
Owerri has gone ahead of what i tot it to be.
Malaysian boys welldone.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41am On May 08, 2017
One very important question: How is power supply in Owerri? Is it relatively stable, compare to other cities?
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by stevedre: 10:55am On May 08, 2017
Eastwalk:
OWERRI kiss kiss kiss kiss

Kindly remove/delete your post, thats Oyo state and the governor is also in the picture so how can that be owerri. Don't send a wrong impression or try to make this thread look like a joke.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by amakenny: 11:26am On May 08, 2017
mecussey:

Appreciate the little, the best is yet to come. Let Nigeria develop one state to compete with Dubai, I will be happy.

Nigeria CAN NEVER develop one state to Dubai status while the other states in Nigeria look like glorified villages. NEVER.

Only clowns and cheats can think like that. Nigeria is not full of clowns and cheats.
What has been going on in Imo State where only the state capital is accorded 98% development attention is EVIL.

Imo is only state in Nigeria where development levies are collected by a state governor from all the 27 lgas of the state to build development infrastructures in Owerri; in addition to the governor collecting the federal allocations of the 27 lgas, collect the state allocations from the federal government, destroys what previous governments had built in Owerri, use the levies and allocations to build whatever suits the governor in Owerri.

The other 24 or 25 lgas of Imo outside Owerri Capital Territory remain villages without modern development infrastructures.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by andycom(m): 12:44pm On May 08, 2017
Rolex67:
For your info I base in Owerri.

so y are you castigating our beloved owerri? Mtchewwwww
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Alpacino85(m): 2:12pm On May 08, 2017
ethene:

U are the foolish one here what is not polite about my question? the op that I asked replied me responsibly so I wonder what ur problem is. did u see how reasonable others commented concerning my question? anyway a fool will always remain a fool. idiot.
lol grin
ethene:

U are the foolish one here what is not polite about my question? the op that I asked replied me responsibly so I wonder what ur problem is. did u see how reasonable others commented concerning my question? anyway a fool will always remain a fool. idiot.
lol,e pain u?u are still suffering from small pikin syndrome.@ ur age u dont know that one can travel Awka from owerri. jamb exam is coming up soon,make sure u read ur books and stay away social network
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by sydneyboss(m): 2:35pm On May 08, 2017
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by CaraJewel(f): 4:54pm On May 08, 2017
MrEverest:
Sorry dear, stop crying OK? I'm touched and because of that, I can volunteer to take you on an all expense paid trip to a few hotspots in O-town. Owerri is indeed a very beautiful city and have not regreted it since I relocated from Lagos. Investors can reach us @ Galaxy properties for good lands/properties to buy in any part of Owerri. My contact (including WhatsApp number and office address is on my signature.
Mmmm how can u do dat
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 08, 2017
amakenny:

No state governor in the right frame of mind would after building broad roads in the state capital, shall again spend money on metal decorations of the top of the broad road, while humans in other parts of the state have been breathing dust from the roads the governor scratched and abandoned in the last five years?

What state governor in his right frame of mind would start 8-lane roads, 5 Inland roads, tunnels, flyovers in Owerri when people in Okigwe and Orlu have been breathing dust in the last five years from roads scratched and abandoned by Okorocha govt?

Okorocha's Owerri Mega City project is a product from a Hate-filled mind.

Before his hateful condition started, Okorocha swore in 2012 that he would embark upon even spread of development projects in Imo state.

Later, as his hate for a section of Imo state started, he retreated to the state capital to knock down and rebuild, he has not scratched a road work in Okigwe and Orlu in the last three years.

Okorocha abandoned the road works he started in Okigwe and Orlu; all pleas to complete the roads in those two towns to save lives went unheeded as people breathe dust.

My dear,

I am a strong advocate of anti- one city state, nonetheless, that surely will be the Achilles Hill of this administration if they don't retrace their steps.

Come to think of it, I think okigwe zone deserve more, there have been developmental impropriation and imbalance within the zone, since Abia was defragmented from old Imo.

I ain't no seater on the corridors of power, but my observation is that rochas could be hugely concentrating his gigantic developmental strides in owerri, as a strategy for the incoming dispensation to traverse her's in other parts of the state, however, no matter the bone of contention, the meat of the matter remains that state capitals unequivocally enjoy larger percentage of projects.

Going by the expansion of the owerri urban, the development will equally impress on the neighbouring adjoining communities by means of spillover.

Another dimension to this hydra headed dicey situation is that this dispensation is not over, hence the administration still got some time to rewrite their wrongs, readjust and make amendments,

I heard about 27lga hospitals, 5km feeder/community roads, disintegration of Imo state uni to as several faculties and colleges in several local governments, the free education programme etc, though I am still skeptical of the progress made in all this,

Another dimension to this, is factoring in the undeniable fact that owerri is experiencing population explosion, coupled with influx of great deal of non indigenes, it will be fool hardy and counterproductive if the government never puts this into consideration, hence the need for expansion of the infrastructures.

If owerri succeeds, Imo succeeds, invariably more developments there in is tantamount to more revenue earner.

I honestly hope the government has a listening ear, to apply a simultaneous approach in her developmental strides to crisscross the nooks and cranny of Imo state

As for the rods on the streets, it is an aesthetic attachment, meant to foster the ambiance of the streets, it looks inviting, captivating and alluring.

1 Like

Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by MrEverest(m): 7:43pm On May 08, 2017
CaraJewel:
Mmmm how can u do dat
Lol, funny you. Get in touch with me or come to my office if you are interested. I am the most gentleman you can imagine. Gracias!
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Monk92(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2017
Edum13656:

Na owerri be that, I schooled at Nekede. though I don't support Rochas but it's a beautiful and expensive place to live.
Some of those pix ain't owerri... @least I recognize a signpost from independence layout in enugu
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by jujufada: 11:46pm On May 08, 2017
Home of Yahoo boys...
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by mecussey(m): 11:49pm On May 08, 2017
amakenny:

Nigeria CAN NEVER develop one state to Dubai status while the other states in Nigeria look like glorified villages. NEVER.

Only clowns and cheats can think like that. Nigeria is not full of clowns and cheats.
What has been going on in Imo State where only the state capital is accorded 98% development attention is EVIL.

Imo is only state in Nigeria where development levies are collected by a state governor from all the 27 lgas of the state to build development infrastructures in Owerri; in addition to the governor collecting the federal allocations of the 27 lgas, collect the state allocations from the federal government, destroys what previous governments had built in Owerri, use the levies and allocations to build whatever suits the governor in Owerri.

The other 24 or 25 lgas of Imo outside Owerri Capital Territory remain villages without modern development infrastructures.

You are just been persimistic, the almighty U.S also have villages. If Lagos was not developed, who would want to go to lagos. However, some people still wants less congested areas. No need to argue on this sha...the truth is Rochas has done well so far.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Edum13656: 11:50pm On May 08, 2017
Monk92:

Some of those pix ain't owerri... @least I recognize a signpost from independence layout in enugu

which?
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by amakenny: 8:46am On May 09, 2017
mecussey:

You are just been persimistic, the almighty U.S also have villages. If Lagos was not developed, who would want to go to lagos. However, some people still wants less congested areas. No need to argue on this sha...the truth is Rochas has done well so far.

Some of you from Owerri area are smart by half. Villages in the US have about the same basic social amenities as in the big US cities. It is safe to say that Owerri is on a different development civilization from rest of Imo state; don't you see such great disparity in development between Owerri and rest of Imo state as EVIL? Or, as many of you foolishly believe, Imo state was created for the state capital?

As for you, the less congested areas you would like to live in Imo state must have basic amenities like good roads, street lights, water, proximal tertiary education institutions - Owerri has most of these. Orlu and Okigwe for example, don't have.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by NJsimpleboi(m): 9:00am On May 09, 2017
Dats my state...... Been a long time I went there tho......suck it haters.... #we rep imostate
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by seniorkachion(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2017
Henrydone:
You mean this is Owerri , but why

The picture itself is fake. It's not Ibadan it's not owerri.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by seniorkachion(m): 11:08am On May 09, 2017
IAMDUTCHBRAH:

He stole some of the pics from other states

If you and the other guy wants to be believed you ought to attach the stolen picture to your quotes. Otherwise it's bad blood.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by seniorkachion(m): 11:27am On May 09, 2017
Eastwalk:
Afonja go away, go and hug your brown roof and stop claiming ikwerre.

OWERRI kiss kiss kiss

Eyesore. Ibadan edited. Agodi gardens the worst of them. Governor speaking to no one and standing on a red carpet that led to nowhere. Tufiakwa!
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by CaraJewel(f): 3:13pm On May 09, 2017
MrEverest:
Lol, funny you. Get in touch with me or come to my office if you are interested. I am the most gentleman you can imagine. Gracias!
Ok
ermmm dat number on your advert is it a whatsapp number
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Henrydone: 5:02pm On May 09, 2017
seniorkachion:

The picture itself is fake. It's not Ibadan it's not owerri.
Stop acting like a fool, that's Olive estate in Agodi GRA, Ibadan
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by MrEverest(m): 5:21pm On May 09, 2017
CaraJewel:
Ok ermmm dat number on your advert is it a whatsapp number
Yes
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by seniorkachion(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2017
Henrydone:
Stop acting like a fool, that's Olive estate in Agodi GRA, Ibadan

No you are the fool. Poorly brought up agbero can't talk without insults. No body will believe claim. Everything about Ibadan is photoshoped and plastic. Nonsense.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Obalende: 9:21pm On May 09, 2017
mechanics:
I see, but the state is not that safe security wise, so one has to be very careful, for the babes, one has to be very careful, cause no one knows those who have hidden agenda to draw their customers to their own world.

Exactly! Lots of marine Kingdom princesses looking for their targets.

1 Like

Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by mecussey(m): 11:13pm On May 09, 2017
amakenny:

Some of you from Owerri area are smart by half. Villages in the US have about the same basic social amenities as in the big US cities. It is safe to say that Owerri is on a different development civilization from rest of Imo state; don't you see such great disparity in development between Owerri and rest of Imo state as EVIL? Or, as many of you foolishly believe, Imo state was created for the state capital?

As for you, the less congested areas you would like to live in Imo state must have basic amenities like good roads, street lights, water, proximal tertiary education institutions - Owerri has most of these. Orlu and Okigwe for example, don't have.

So would you rather prefer no development at all anywhere anyplace since the govt does not have all the money ? Go to Abia state and see the meaning of no development. Pls, incase if u become the president tomorrow, do what you can with what you have. Dont abandon everywhere bc u dont have the resourcses to handle all states.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by amakenny: 1:49am On May 10, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

Another dimension to this, is factoring in the undeniable fact that owerri is experiencing population explosion, coupled with influx of great deal of non indigenes, it will be fool hardy and counterproductive if the government never puts this into consideration, hence the need for expansion of the infrastructures.

If owerri succeeds, Imo succeeds, invariably more developments there in is tantamount to more revenue earner.

I honestly hope the government has a listening ear, to apply a simultaneous approach in her developmental strides to crisscross the nooks and cranny of Imo state

As for the rods on the streets, it is an aesthetic attachment, meant to foster the ambiance of the streets, it looks inviting, captivating and alluring.

Fair attempt at assessing the gross and unjust disparity in levels of development between the three senatorial districts in Imo State. Imo State is unique in the country as far as concerned using the allocations of the local government areas meant for development infrastructures in these local government areas on Owerri.

This amounts to economically empower the indigenous land owners in Owerri, but impoverishing rest of Imo State.

Like someone suggested earlier on this thread, it's necessary that Imo people be educated on the dangers this disparity portends.

Two issues are: 1, many people in Owerri district have now taken it as a given that it's the duty of the state government to establish literally every development project that is due to Imo State in the state capital, Owerri.

It's hard to convince them now that a state capital is merely the seat of government, not a place where the state governors invest most of the infrastructures in the state, but abandon the rest of the state.

2) the incumbent state governor, Okorocha, who has taken the practice of Imo of One Owerri City, to a higher level seems to have indulged in that as a punishment for an area of the state he bears deep grudges against. So no matter what complaints from people outside the state capital, he is not looking back.

1 Like

Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:48am On May 10, 2017
Obalende:

Exactly! Lots of marine Kingdom princesses looking for their targets.
That's right bro.
Re: Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On May 10, 2017
amakenny:

Fair attempt at assessing the gross and unjust disparity in levels of development between the three senatorial districts in Imo State. Imo State is unique in the country as far as concerned using the allocations of the local government areas meant for development infrastructures in these local government areas on Owerri.

This amounts to economically empower the indigenous land owners in Owerri, but impoverishing rest of Imo State.

Like someone suggested earlier on this thread, it's necessary that Imo people be educated on the dangers this disparity portends.

Two issues are: 1, many people in Owerri district have now taken it as a given that it's the duty of the state government to establish literally every development project that is due to Imo State in the state capital, Owerri.

It's hard to convince them now that a state capital is merely the seat of government, not a place where the state governors invest most of the infrastructures in the state, but abandon the rest of the state.

2) the incumbent state governor, Okorocha, who has taken the practice of Imo of One Owerri City, to a higher level seems to have indulged in that as a punishment for an area of the state he bears deep grudges against. So no matter what complaints from people outside the state capital, he is not looking back.

Good day bro,

I ain't gifted with the spirit of clairvoyance or in practice of telepathy to foretell what the present dispensation portends as bearing grudges/ as a caveat for skewed depropriation in the dissemination of developmental projects in the tripartite zones of the state.

I choose to vehemently disagree with you, on the fact that, your assertions is rather more laced in overstatement, hyperbolic in nature and too extreme.

In as much as I ain't defending the indefensible - the government's inadequacies and shortcomings,nor are my a praise singer, it will be inappropriately unjust to harp on the believability that the government is doing nothing to say the least in the other senatorial zones.

To the best of my knowledge,etelbet anayo is not that insensitive to the plight of other zone, the way you paint the picture, make it seem as if, he is an undemocratic kakistochratic absolutist tyrant,

Please cut him slack bro, you can't tell me that in the whole of 6 years + of the lifespan of his administration that he did not do anything for okigwe and orlu zones, that is unbelievable bro.

I heard the orlu stadium is being rebuilt

I have seen pictures of how he is deconcentrating the faculties of I'm state uni. To spread across several local governments

I heard about the 27 general hospitals.

I heard about the building of tens of new schools, addition of new class blocks, reinvigorating and reconstruction of over100 schools across the state

The free education programme for all indigenes across the states

The recalibration and rejuvenation of redundant moribund industries across the tripartite zones via Chinese investors.

The amnesty programme for oil producing communities.

5km feeder intra community roads in the 27 lgas

The remodelling of oguta Lake resort

Eastern palm uni. Ogboko

Imo marine uni

Water board renovation

New reagriculturalization of the state as a whole-palm plantations, poultry, fishery, etc

Sky run Chinese handover of some industries

Expansion of new markets constructed across many Lga 's in the state,

New modelled roundabouts intersections at different points in the state

Continuation of some projects of past administration like ohakims flyovers

The new Sam mbakwe cargo airport terminal

The snap projects of Mrs okorocha across the state

Reactivation and Continuation of the Egbema gas power plant via Chinese investors

Egbema industrial city

New court buildings

Executive quaters

Community Development Council

New remodelling of Concord hotel

The new government house, imo Icc, treasure house, freedom Park, hero square, tunnels, inland roads expansion, new layouts, ochiedike diagnostic,new taxis, new buses, new security facilities, gadgets,

New aviation Vista via a collaboration with data air to initiate imo air,

Imo broadcasting cooperation, Ibc, orient TV, fm

Renovation of state secretariat.

Etc.

Pls bro be balanced in your judgements with fairness,stop bringing mistrust among imolites, power is transient, it never last forever, of the past governors of imo state, Rochas should be among the league of trailblazers, even though he got his pitfalls,

I commend you for your criticism, but remember there is dwindling resources, economic recession etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. / Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) / Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.