Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Why Aren't More Uber Partners In Nigeria Using Toyota Priuses? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Aren't More Uber Partners In Nigeria Using Toyota Priuses? (778 Views)

Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers / How To Make Money Dropshipping In Nigeria Using Shopify Store / Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Aren't More Uber Partners In Nigeria Using Toyota Priuses? by naijacutee(f): 8:30am On May 07, 2017
I understand that the fuel expense involved in running a taxi business is by far the highest expense incurred. A Toyota Prius is one of the most affordable hybrid cars out there. With our old model Prius, no petrol is consumed and the car runs on electric for speeds under 30mph. Above 30mph, the car starts to use petrol. We have had periods where a full tank has lasted us up to 3 weeks!

So why are more partners not buying Priuses? Toyota is already a known brand in Nigerian circles, so it cannot be a brand issue.

I understand that they cost a little higher than average, but they are not as expensive as some of the other cars people seem to purchase in their stead.

Please help me understand why these aren't popular Uber cars?
Re: Why Aren't More Uber Partners In Nigeria Using Toyota Priuses? by Emproxy(m): 2:11pm On May 07, 2017
I wish I had the answers, I share your curiosity.
And in my opinion, I think Ignorance is part of the reason.
How many car owners have the knowledge of fuel economy cars, let alone hybrid version?

Thanks for the post, let's wait for wiser answers.
Re: Why Aren't More Uber Partners In Nigeria Using Toyota Priuses? by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 15, 2017
naijacutee:
I understand that the fuel expense involved in running a taxi business is by far the highest expense incurred. A Toyota Prius is one of the most affordable hybrid cars out there. With our old model Prius, no petrol is consumed and the car runs on electric for speeds under 30mph. Above 30mph, the car starts to use petrol. We have had periods where a full tank has lasted us up to 3 weeks!

So why are more partners not buying Priuses? Toyota is already a known brand in Nigerian circles, so it cannot be a brand issue.

I understand that they cost a little higher than average, but they are not as expensive as some of the other cars people seem to purchase in their stead.

Please help me understand why these aren't popular Uber cars?

Sorry to derail your thread, I read somewhere on Nl that you are in search of a writer. I am one and will be willing to work with or for you. More details regarding my work will be provided if you need my service.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Practical Lessons On How To Trade Bitcoin / Various Countries Foreign Reserves In Comparison To Nigeria's Foreign Reserve / GET Videomakerfx With Themes And Creates All The Top Explainer Video Styles!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.