Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife (1147 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Shares New Photos With Wife / Onofiok Luke Wins House Of Representatives Seat, Kneels With Wife, Thanks God / Rochas Okorocha Attends Imo Carol Night With Family (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Abagworo(m): 12:58pm On May 07, 2017
More than ten thousand Imo indigenes from all walks of life gathered at the popular Freedom Square in Owerri to Celebrate Imo Freedom Day on Saturday, May 6, 2017 and one Spectacular Programme at the event was that more than one thousand Imo indigenes who had grudges or grievances either against the government, individuals, groups, institutions or associations were given the opportunity to speak out on such grievances.

Those with such grievances had earlier submitted their petitions following announcements on radio and television to that effect, and those accused in the petitions were duly Communicated and they were all in attendance, with the event allowed to be anchored by the State Chapter of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, and all the Human Rights groups in the State.

Declaring the event open, Governor Okorocha said he never benefitted from the Politics of godfatherism stating that when he came to run election for the governorship in the State in 2011 he was “literally rejected by who is who in the Political equation of the State. No single politician of note was standing with me. This was perhaps the only election in the history of Nigeria that was won by the Support of the ordinary people and not by the support of Political elite, security agencies and money bags”.

He continued, “my Victory came from God and the people. And that was why I have been saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that I fulfill that which I promised my God to make life better for the ordinary man and release them from captivity. That is my journey and that is my story. And those of you who had followed me could recall that in the Political history of Nigeria there had been nothing like Supplementary election till my own election”.

He further remarked “My understanding of Supplementary election is do all things possible to prevent Rochas from becoming the governor of Imo State. This is the meaning of Supplementary election which today is holding Nigeria in a Political bondage. It took the intervention of the masses to force INEC to do the needful in declaring me governor. That was my story and this was the struggle. Exactly on the 6th of May 2011 when everything done to stop me was not possible. My mandate given to me by the people spoke against all forces in the state”.

His words “Today I remain grateful to all Imolites especially those seen as the nobody in the State because they are the reason I became the governor. I promise that I will continue to do all within my powers to make Imo State great and lift it higher as a sign of appreciation for all the support I have received from the masses. I remain eternally grateful to the people of Imo State”.

Governor Okorocha continued “One of my greatest challenge when I was sworn in 2011 was realizing that my people were in bondage both spiritual and physical. People never believed that anything good or better can come from politicians. When you call somebody a politician, the first thing that will come to your mind is a person who promises and will never do; a criminal or a thief, probably a man who hires thugs and molests his political enemies. This was the people’s definition of Imo Politicians at that time. I swore to make a change in the system and that was what made what we are celebrating today possible”.

“I try to use this Freedom Square to dramatize what I saw in Imo State when I came in. The statue demonstrates a man who has endured untold hardship, ignorance, lack, systematic poverty, living in a society that is morally bankrupt; that was the situation of Imo State when I came. People were about to give up on politicians and leadership because of the sufferings and deceits but a hand of help came. This is what we are Celebrating today as rescue mission” he added.

On his style of governance he stated, “I am here as a rescuer, I am not here as a governor. If it is for governor, I am not an ideal governor. For leadership, I am not an ideal leader because my system is not like that of a governor, I don’t operate like a governor neither do I behave like a governor or work like a governor. I behave and work like a rescuer, who has seen an ugly situation and wants to change it. Rescuers don’t behave normally, they behave abnormally because of the abnormal situation they have come to rescue. So excuse my abnormalities. When there is danger of fire outbreak, a rescuer does not need to wear a proper dress neither will he sit down to discuss the protocols and due process to follow. A rescuer simply jumps into the fire and looks for whatever he can use to quench the fire to save his people. This is Rochas Okorocha”.

He added “I am not a normal governor, I am a radical governor who has come to effect a radical change in the Capital City of Owerri and Imo State in general, so bear with me if you find some of my actions from your own view points shortcomings. I do so not for me or my family, I do so that Imo State may be better”.

For him “Today opportunity has come for you to express yourselves on those things that have bothered you and kept us in chain all this while. This is the true meaning of Imo Freedom Day. Some of you are angry with me or my Political appointees, some are not happy with the way their traditional ruler or stakeholders in their communities have dealt with them. Some of you are not happy with the way the police arrested you or for one thing or the other and have not had the opportunity to express their feelings; this is the reason of this Freedom Square. I want to provide for all Imolites a forum to express themselves so that we can build a society full of trust and hope”.

He said “This Freedom Square has been dedicated as a free zone to all Imolites to come and speak their minds without having the fear of been molested or arrested.”

One of the outstanding programme at the event was the opportunity offered to aggrieved Imo people to voice out their grudges no matter who was involved. And one of such Cases was the one in which Dr. Chukwujindu Felix accused Governor Okorocha of taking his land as part of the site where the Eastern Palm University is located. Governor Okorocha defended himself and it was discovered that nothing like that happened.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by DickDastardly(m): 1:01pm On May 07, 2017
7b Osbourne Towers
Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Abagworo(m): 1:02pm On May 07, 2017
More photos from the event .

Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Abagworo(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2017
This man openly accused Governor Okorocha of land grab after which they were able to sort things out and reconcile. Isn't it adorable?

Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Davash222(m): 1:12pm On May 07, 2017
Abagworo:
This man openly accused Governor Okorocha of land grab after which they were able to sort things out and reconcile. Isn't it adorable?
Joke of a Governor. Talk - talk Government. The more you look, the less you see.

Abagworo.. I'm sure that's you.
Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:12pm On May 07, 2017
All these Okorocha theatrics won't save him in 2019

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 07, 2017
Davash222:

Joke of a Governor. Talk - talk Government. The more you look, the less you see.

Abagworo.. I'm sure that's you.
Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by OAFMods: 1:14pm On May 07, 2017
Okay
Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by doublewisdom: 1:15pm On May 07, 2017
Amaechi the Lie-on of Ubima !
Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by dolphinife: 1:26pm On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

To whom brain is given, sense is expected....

Why don't you go contest for a councillor in your town and see if you will get up to 20votes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Elnino4ladies: 1:29pm On May 07, 2017
dolphinife:

To whom brain is given, sense is expected....

Why don't you go contest for a councillor in your town and see if you will get up to 20votes

savage lol

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Sultannayef: 1:39pm On May 07, 2017
@dolphinife.. you are a discombobulated she-male.
Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Abagworo(m): 1:55pm On May 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Save him from what exactly? I still recall how you and others thought Jonathan would use all apparatus to remove him in 2015 backed by false reports on media branding him all sorts of names.

Okorocha is fully grounded in Imo State and his party is surely winning again in 2019.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Attends Imo Freedom Day With Wife by Abagworo(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2017
More pics.

(1) (Reply)

Al-mustapha’s Stay In Prison Has Affected His Mind — Opadokun / Photo Of An Ipob Youth Chilling With Ronaldo / Finish Your Refinery Before 2019 – FG Begs Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.