Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,668 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' (693 Views)

President Macron Fires Bodyguard For Beating Protester / President Macron Lands On Nuclear Submarine Like James Bond, Goes Viral (Photos) / Emmanuel Macron, 39 And His 65-Year-Old Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by linuxuser(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2017
Centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron has decisively won the French presidential election, projected results say.

Mr Macron defeated far-right candidate Marine Le Pen by about 65% to 35% to become, at 39, the country's youngest president, the results show.

If confirmed, he will also become the first president from outside the two traditional main parties since the modern republic's foundation in 1958.

A bitterly fought election concluded on Sunday amid massive security.

Mr Macron's supporters have gathered to celebrate in central Paris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39839349

1 Like

Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by linuxuser(m): 7:29pm On May 07, 2017
Can this truthfully happen in Nigeria with our fantastically corrupt tendecies where people follow parties and leaders blindly without ever using their head?
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:29pm On May 07, 2017
Congratulations! I hope le pen would not blame foreign interest for her defeat!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by INTROVERT(f): 7:30pm On May 07, 2017
grin
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by EazyMoh(m): 7:34pm On May 07, 2017
Wetin happen to introvert? See where her post is nowadays. Anyway Congrats to the winner.
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by KwoiZabo(m): 7:34pm On May 07, 2017
Obama tried to save his face by endorsing Macron in a televised speech after bleeding heavily from brexit & Hillary's loss while Trump the smart guy just refrained from endorsing anyone.
Whether he wins or not Obama is a Terrorist. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by Ohammadike: 7:35pm On May 07, 2017
KwoiZabo:
Obama tried to save his face by endorsing Macron in a televised speech while Trump the smart guy just refrained from endorsing anyone.

Trump endorsed le pen by calling her a strong candidate

4 Likes

Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by omohayek: 7:36pm On May 07, 2017
KwoiZabo:
Obama tried to save his face by endorsing Macron in a televised speech while Trump the smart guy just refrained from endorsing anyone.
What a lot of ignorant rubbish! What depths of stupidity! "Stupid" is the only word to describe anyone calling Obama a "terrorist" and Trump a "smart guy" ...

3 Likes

Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by linuxuser(m): 7:36pm On May 07, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Congratulations! I hope le pen would not blame foreign interest for her defeat!

I doubt if she will do that. Hillary's loss in the US election is still paining her and she continues to cry cry like a baby.
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by hucienda: 7:37pm On May 07, 2017
Congratulations to M. Macron.

Marine. Try again in five. You could nick it then 'cos the president-elect has all the trappings of a Barack Obama.

The liberal establishment frustrated Mélenchon like they did Sanders in the US thinking that would wish the problems away. The next presidential election will be interesting.

But for now though,

Félicitations M. Emmanuel Macron

Président de la République Française
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:42pm On May 07, 2017
omohayek:

What a lot of ignorant rubbish! What depths of stupidity! "Stupid" is the only word to describe anyone calling Obama a "terrorist" and Trump a "smart guy" ...

He is a member of GEJ Till 2019 or Biafra!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by KwoiZabo(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2017
omohayek:

Obama destabilized Libya, formed ISIS by his inactions never assisted us in fighting BH and above all assisted in bringing Buhari the chief terrorist to power.
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 07, 2017
Viva La France!

The demagogues are falling faster than expected.

What a beautiful day! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by osesology(m): 8:18pm On May 07, 2017
Congrats to Macron. I knew Le pen wasn't going to win the moment she started talking about french exit from the EU. Majority of frenchies don't want to hear that.

1 Like

Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:28pm On May 07, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by vantage001: 5:12pm On May 08, 2017
Mindfulness:
Viva La France!

The demagogues are falling faster than expected.

What a beautiful day! cheesy
If the non-demagogues were doing their jobs, the so-called demagogues would not have a prayer in any election.
Anyway, i am sure you are a muslim. If the pacifists fail to curtail islamic terrorism, it is only a matter of time before the demagogues take over.
Btw, wetin concern Nigerian citizen with france?. Your country Nigeria is being governed by an idealogically empty nitwit and you are busy talking of demagogues in developed Europe.
Re: Macron 'defeats Le Pen To Become President' by Nobody: 5:46am On May 10, 2017
vantage001:

If the non-demagogues were doing their jobs, the so-called demagogues would not have a prayer in any election.
Anyway, i am sure you are a muslim. If the pacifists fail to curtail islamic terrorism, it is only a matter of time before the demagogues take over.

grin

Btw, wetin concern Nigerian citizen with france?. Your country Nigeria is being governed by an idealogically empty nitwit and you are busy talking of demagogues in developed Europe.

And you are sure I am located in Nigeria too? grin

(1) (Reply)

North Korean Leader, Kim Jong Un Laughs While Reading Fire And Fury(photo) / Cuba Begins Food Rationing As Country Plunges Deeper Into Economic Crisis / Iran-US Tensions: Africans Should Quit Discussing International Politics if...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.