Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire (9610 Views)

House And Shop Burnt In Ede, Osun, Fire Fighters Motor Destroyed / Lady Curses Lagos Fire Service For Not Coming Two Hours After She Called / BRICKS,BRICK,BRICK TILES,BURNT BRICKS,RED BRICKS,FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. ✯✯✯✯✯ ☸☸ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by akelicious(m): 5:54am On May 08, 2017
Dozens of students’ West African Examination Council (WAEC) result and property worth millions of naira were destroyed as 32 flats were razed in a fire incident that occurred at Satellite Town area of Lagos at the weekend.

One person was seriously injured in the incident, which occurred between Saturday evening and Sunday morning. In another incident, an eight-day-old baby was burnt to death after a fire broke out in Abeke street, Makoko area of Lagos, which razed down houses.

The raging inferno swept through the shanty Makoko settlement, burning about 20 structures, and rendering over 80 people homeless. An eyewitness said the fire started around 8:00p.m. due to the negligence of a resident who was cooking.

By the time the fire fighters got to the scene, the fire had engulfed nearly the whole street. One of the victims said: “The first fire service tanker that got to the scene didn’t have water. Before support could come, the fire had wrecked its havoc. The sad part is that the fire killed a small baby that was named just a day before. The mother didn’t know that the foam where she kept her baby was on fire.”
Bashir, one of the residents, was at mosque when the fire broke out. He said, “we heard people shouting but we were not moved because it is a regular thing for people to shout in this area. After the prayer, I headed home and saw people gathered around my area. I saw the fire and it was still far from my house.”
It was gathered that the fire at Satellite Town, which gutted the former Stepping Stones Comprehensive Girls College that had been converted to a residential building, started from one of the flats late on Saturday evening and raged till around 1:00a.m. on Sunday.
Fire fighters had a tough time battling the inferno, which sources said was caused by a spark from a power surge when electricity was restored in the area. The spark burnt all the electrical wirings connected the affected buildings.
Residents battled to put out the fire but it grew raged on uncontrollably for hours, prompting them to resort to the fire fighters. The fire fighters, who arrived the scene nearly an hour later could not access the major point of the fire for more than 45 minutes as a result of what was described as the “nature of the building.”
The fire grew wilder, as gas cylinders and air-condition compressors exploded, spreading from one apartment to the other. A woman, who jumped from one of the floors of the building, was also badly injured.
The only unoccupied flat, where WAEC results of former students of the converted school were stored, was also burnt in the inferno. The spokesman of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), in charge of the South West zone, Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed the incident to The Akelicious.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/05/eight-day-old-baby-waec-results-burnt.html

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by doctimonyeka(m): 6:19am On May 08, 2017
What a tragedy....

Oluwa pls watch our back...

6 Likes

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Nobody: 6:31am On May 08, 2017
Dem talk say small pikin burn for house you dey talk about Waec results.

11 Likes

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by seunlayi(m): 6:37am On May 08, 2017
This is bad, I pity the soul of the innocent baby

1 Like

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:11am On May 08, 2017
akelicious:
Dozens of students’ West African Examination Council (WAEC) result and property worth millions of naira were destroyed as 32 flats were razed in a fire incident that occurred at Satellite Town area of Lagos at the weekend.

One person was seriously injured in the incident, which occurred between Saturday evening and Sunday morning. In another incident, an eight-day-old baby was burnt to death after a fire broke out in Abeke street, Makoko area of Lagos, which razed down houses.

The raging inferno swept through the shanty Makoko settlement, burning about 20 structures, and rendering over 80 people homeless. An eyewitness said the fire started around 8:00p.m. due to the negligence of a resident who was cooking.

By the time the fire fighters got to the scene, the fire had engulfed nearly the whole street. One of the victims said: “The first fire service tanker that got to the scene didn’t have water. Before support could come, the fire had wrecked its havoc. The sad part is that the fire killed a small baby that was named just a day before. The mother didn’t know that the foam where she kept her baby was on fire.”
Bashir, one of the residents, was at mosque when the fire broke out. He said, “we heard people shouting but we were not moved because it is a regular thing for people to shout in this area. After the prayer, I headed home and saw people gathered around my area. I saw the fire and it was still far from my house.”
It was gathered that the fire at Satellite Town, which gutted the former Stepping Stones Comprehensive Girls College that had been converted to a residential building, started from one of the flats late on Saturday evening and raged till around 1:00a.m. on Sunday.
Fire fighters had a tough time battling the inferno, which sources said was caused by a spark from a power surge when electricity was restored in the area. The spark burnt all the electrical wirings connected the affected buildings.
Residents battled to put out the fire but it grew raged on uncontrollably for hours, prompting them to resort to the fire fighters. The fire fighters, who arrived the scene nearly an hour later could not access the major point of the fire for more than 45 minutes as a result of what was described as the “nature of the building.”
The fire grew wilder, as gas cylinders and air-condition compressors exploded, spreading from one apartment to the other. A woman, who jumped from one of the floors of the building, was also badly injured.
The only unoccupied flat, where WAEC results of former students of the converted school were stored, was also burnt in the inferno. The spokesman of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), in charge of the South West zone, Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed the incident to The Akelicious.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/05/eight-day-old-baby-waec-results-burnt.html
3rd to comment
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Grafixnuel(m): 7:12am On May 08, 2017
cry
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Goldenheart(m): 7:12am On May 08, 2017
embarassed

Sad news early in the morning....
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by money121(m): 7:13am On May 08, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by crazyABO(m): 7:13am On May 08, 2017
We talking about a life here n u bringing up waec results huh U could get results a million times but the child's life hell NO cry

7 Likes

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by 9jayes: 7:13am On May 08, 2017
Buhari should be blamed for whatever bad things that happened.

I blame Bubu
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by mangala14(m): 7:14am On May 08, 2017
Bad day devil drink water. My thoughts are with them esp during this economy downturn
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by seanswitch(m): 7:16am On May 08, 2017
So the mother did not die in the fire. I wonder what the mother was doing far away from a 8 day old baby.

1 Like

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by SexyNairalander: 7:17am On May 08, 2017
booked

how is a waec result comparable to an eight years old baby that died? nawa o

rip
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by themonk(m): 7:17am On May 08, 2017
Bad
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by westgermany: 7:19am On May 08, 2017
Please where the mama dey?
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by daududaniel(m): 7:22am On May 08, 2017
Heart breaking story

1 Like

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Moreoffaith(m): 7:37am On May 08, 2017
Rip to the innocent baby... Those student can still get their result or rewrite WAEC cry cry
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by MAGNETIC(m): 7:38am On May 08, 2017
died fighter came. "NO WATER" WHAT THE HELL DID THEY CAME FOR
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by rumenase(m): 7:40am On May 08, 2017
akelicious:

firefighter? with empty tank..... hmm..... SMH
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Nobody: 7:47am On May 08, 2017
no good news Since Buhari enter except nairabet
win
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Pavore9: 7:50am On May 08, 2017
Sad.
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:51am On May 08, 2017
To hell with WAEC result, I care more about the baby..
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Abdul124(m): 7:57am On May 08, 2017
I dnt knw what to say.But May God have mercy over our deeds.
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by EmmaLege: 8:02am On May 08, 2017
God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Spainze007(m): 8:02am On May 08, 2017
OMG
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by NevetsIbot(m): 8:12am On May 08, 2017
stupid fire department coming to a fire scene without water.

8day old baby! Gosh. My lil cousin is just ten dadys old, i'd die of sadness if anything should happen to her. I wonder how the mother must be feeling. Why would you even go far from your baby?

Dear God
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by Joshrob(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2017
MAGNETIC:

to take selfie with the burning house..

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by toprealman: 8:17am On May 08, 2017
Flats kwa......guess the pics is just for "illustration".
Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by katerine7(f): 9:44am On May 08, 2017
MAGNETIC:
I still don't get it

1 Like

Re: Eight-day-old Baby, Waec Results Burnt In Lagos Fire by TinaAnita(f): 10:54am On May 08, 2017
What a pathetic country where fire fighters go to a fire scene without water? I'm ashamed of my country for once

(1) (Reply)

Demolition Of Over 3000 Houses In Abuja! I Have Being Warning Since Last Year / External Floor Concrete Stamping / Help Me Plan My Bachelor Pad (My Own Place)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.