Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,975 members, 7,863,478 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

Meaning Of Bride's Family Bringing Gifts To Groom's Family? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meaning Of Bride's Family Bringing Gifts To Groom's Family? (469 Views)

Emir Sanusi Visits Patients In The Hospital, Share Gifts To Them(photos) / Meaning Of The Five Lines On A Palm / Is It A Yoruba Tradition For The Groom To Buy Clothes For The Bride's Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meaning Of Bride's Family Bringing Gifts To Groom's Family? by NBA99: 6:21am On May 08, 2017
I am a first-generation American of Yoruba extraction, so excuse me if I'm not aware of all of the culture.

My parents invited my girlfriend and her extended family (aunt and uncle as her parents are back in Nigeria) over for a meal and they brought over boxes of rice and oil as gifts. My girlfriend is Nigerian, and we are both finishing up grad school in the fall. What does this gesture mean? I was talking to one of my cousins who was raised there about it and he said it's not a good sign.
Re: Meaning Of Bride's Family Bringing Gifts To Groom's Family? by DickDastardly(m): 6:24am On May 08, 2017
Here we consult ifa in this kinda situation.

(1) (Reply)

Tongos Culture / Happy Friendship Day 2017 Wishes, SMS For School Friends In Hindi, English Tamil / Gov. Rochas Bans Imo State Traditional Rulers From Speaking English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.