Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

I See A Nigeria Youth Becoming Nigeria President One Day Says Gov Okowa's Aide O - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I See A Nigeria Youth Becoming Nigeria President One Day Says Gov Okowa's Aide O (351 Views)

Ajimobi Awarded N30bn Last-minute Contracts In One Day, Says Seyi Makinde / 2019 Election Will Hold After 6 Days. I See Postponement / No-one Can Stop Me From Becoming Nigeria’s President – Sule Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I See A Nigeria Youth Becoming Nigeria President One Day Says Gov Okowa's Aide O by ossaioviesucces(m): 8:22am On May 08, 2017
I See a Nigeria Youth Becoming Nigeria President One Day Says Gov Okowa's Aide Ossai Ovie As 39-year-old Macron emerged French President.

Read the dream of a 25-year-old Nigerian youth Ossai Ovie after 39-year-old Macron emerged French President

By Austin Oyibode

Youngest political appointee in Delta state, Ovie Success Ossai, is optimistic that Nigerian youths will soon be given opportunity to emerge as Nigeria’s President

– His opportunity arises from the electoral victory of Emmanuel Macron who emerged as France President at 39

– He said Nigerian government should create opportunity for youths to achieve their goals

Following the victory of 39-year-old Emmanuel Macron as French President, youngest political appointee in the administration of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state, Ovie Success Ossai, is optimistic that a youth will emerge President in Nigeria in the nearest future.

Ossai, who celebrated his 25th birthday in early February 2017, told NAIJ.com that though the Nigerian political system appeared unwilling to pave way for youths to emerge as leaders in major areas of influence in the country, he said the emergence of Macron as French President will open a new vista of opportunity for vibrant Nigerian youths.

The Nigerian political system since independence has been in the hands of old people who have held the nation ransom through to the attainment of true democracy in 1999 and even to the present day government.

Many young and vibrant Nigerians have shown interest in leadership but cabals in political positions have applied their powers to edge out youths but only ascribing to them as leaders of tomorrow.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: 39-year-old Emmanuel Macron elected French president

But Ossai said following the victory of Macron in France, the trend is beginning to change and the Nigerian system will definitely join the league of countries where vibrant and intelligent youths will be given the highest political office in Nigeria.

This is even why some former militants in the Niger delta said that it will be unwise for 80-year-old man to decide the destiny of 25-year-old youths in the volatile region.

Ossai, who spoke to NAIJ.com shortly after the election, said the election and the victory of the 39-year- old Emmanuel Macron as French President has given hope to Africa youths, most especially Nigeria’s youths noting that Nigeria leaders needed to give the youths chance to take up serious leadership position in the country.

“Emmanuel Macron’s victory as French President has shown to the world that the youths are not just leaders of tomorrow but of today, tomorrow is now. Nigeria as a nation needs youths to pilot the affairs of state.

“The youths need to be given chance to lead like Emmanuel Macron. I am calling for youths participation in politics. In the coming 2019 election, I pray for a youth to lead us in our different levels of government.

“I thank Gov Okowa of Delta for being a youth friendly governor. I congratulate the good people of France for electing the 39-year-old Emmanuel Macron as their President,” Ossai said.

39 year-old Emmanuel Macron was elected president of France on Sunday with a business-friendly vision of European integration, defeating Marine Le Pen, a far-right nationalist who threatened to take France out of the European Union, early projections showed.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: 82 released Chibok girls meet Buhari behind closed doors

The centrist’s emphatic victory, which also smashed the dominance of France’s mainstream parties, will bring huge relief to European allies who had feared another populist upheaval to follow Britain’s vote to quit the EU and Donald Trump’s election as US president.

Five projections, issued within minutes of polling stations closing at 8 p.m. (2 p.m), showed Macron beating Le Pen by around 65 percent to 35 – a gap wider than the 20 or so percentage points that pre-election surveys had pointed to.

Even so, it was a record performance for the National Front, a party whose anti-immigrant policies until recently made it a pariah in French politics, and underlined the scale of the divisions that Macron must now try to heal.

Re: I See A Nigeria Youth Becoming Nigeria President One Day Says Gov Okowa's Aide O by Alisegun(m): 8:26am On May 08, 2017
When Oga at the top neva die finish

Re: I See A Nigeria Youth Becoming Nigeria President One Day Says Gov Okowa's Aide O by eyeview: 8:31am On May 08, 2017
I lost hope in this crop of youths when I saw youths whom I ordinarily would have voted for if they had vied for presidency turned around and said it was an uneducated, unqualified 80 year old(claiming 74) ex military dictator and tribal bigot that they preferred as their president.
Re: I See A Nigeria Youth Becoming Nigeria President One Day Says Gov Okowa's Aide O by Nobody: 8:53am On May 08, 2017
Continue to see

(1) (Reply)

Imo Deputy Governor, Prince Eze Madumere Recounts Ordeal On Imo Freedom Day. / Why Nigerians Should Be Very Ashamed Of The Selves / Zamfara UBEC Chairman Jailed For Corruption!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.