Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Now That I Have Bought A Honda Pilot Toks, What Next? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Now That I Have Bought A Honda Pilot Toks, What Next? (739 Views)

The New 2019 Honda Insight Looks Just Like A Honda Accord/civic Hybrid. / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car / Pictures You Can Relate To When You Just Bought A New Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That I Have Bought A Honda Pilot Toks, What Next? by TKH(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2017
Good day to you all.

Thanks to all those who contributed to my decision to buy a Honda Pilot. I am informed that it's a 2005 model because the tag reads 08/04, which is the beginning of the new manufacturing year. Is that correct?.

Anyway, this is my first Toks, my previous two buys (a Baby Boy and EOD) having been Nigerian-used. I would therefore greatly appreciate your advice on the appropriate steps to follow. I mean regarding things like the appropriate engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, break fluids, and plugs, and whether I should change the present ones. I had expected to change the tires also, but the ones that the vehicle comes with appear strong.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks once again.
Re: Now That I Have Bought A Honda Pilot Toks, What Next? by autotrader2: 2:15pm On May 08, 2017
TKH:
Good day to you all.

Thanks to all those who contributed to my decision to buy a Honda Pilot. I am informed that it's a 2005 model because the tag reads 08/04, which is the beginning of the new manufacturing year. Is that correct?.

Anyway, this is my first Toks, my previous two buys (a Baby Boy and EOD) having been Nigerian-used. I would therefore greatly appreciate your advice on the appropriate steps to follow. I mean regarding things like the appropriate engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, break fluids, and plugs, and whether I should change the present ones. I had expected to change the tires also, but the ones that the vehicle comes with appear strong.

Ensure you use 5w20 oil
Re: Now That I Have Bought A Honda Pilot Toks, What Next? by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 08, 2017
Oil: 5w20
Power steering: use genuine honda power steering fluid. Avoid using ATF as it damages the steering rack

Atf: Honda dw1
Differential: use only Honda vtm4 fluid. It's about 19k per 4 quarts ... U will need just 3 quarts. U only have to change once year or 2 yrs depending on how much u drive the car.

If the spark plugs that came with the car are still ok leave them.

Enjoy ur ride.
Re: Now That I Have Bought A Honda Pilot Toks, What Next? by diportivo: 9:01pm On May 08, 2017
TKH:
Good day to you all.

timing belt first and foremost bros

very impt

den don't joke with oil grade too

cheers
Re: Now That I Have Bought A Honda Pilot Toks, What Next? by FlyboyZee: 10:35am On May 09, 2017
TKH:
Good day to you all.

Go through this thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/996664/maintenance-tips-honda-cars

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Things That Will Drain Your Battery / Maintenance Cost Of Honda Pilot 2003 With Infiniti Q4 2002 / Christmas: FRSC To Motorists – Violate Traffic Rules, Forfeit Vehicles Till 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.