Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High (28825 Views)

OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam / Types Of People When Reading For An Exam(pictures) / How To Score High In Post UTME Screening Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by misano(m): 7:20pm On May 08, 2017
Nice post. U are so right. When I was writing JAMB, I unconsciously did all these things. I passed without any assistant.
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Engineermbugame(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2017
allgoodlight:

Bullet Of Truth. Still We Need Education Despite The Unforseen Nigeria Circumstances. Ignorance Is Not An Option. Kudos To Your Intellectual Property.
DE FACT,DAT IS Y I LEARN A TRADE ,BEFORE furthering ,WELL AM ASPIRANT SHA ,I OWNED A SHOP WERE I SELL PLUMBING MATERIALS AND ASLO A PLUMBER.GOING FOR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION .
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by misano(m): 7:22pm On May 08, 2017
Franzinni:
Read for jamb pass score very high....

Enter school suffer for 7 years reading computer science finish school finally....

Do youth corp in zamfara...

Finish go back home to the same room you started reading for Jamb and this time...

be filling job applications from morning till night.... For another 3 years....

After that you will get an epiphany.. And survival mode will kick in....

You open a small barbing salon.. Call it bsc.. Holder barbing salon.... Work there till you forget how to press escape in a keyboard...

A summary of the Nigerian education system..

This guy is funny! lol.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by ItzWonderz(m): 7:23pm On May 08, 2017
druxy:
bullshit...just kush before entering the hall...

I swear down man,,u get am. The answers go just dey flow in...
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 08, 2017
Franzinni:
yes oo... When I finish I realized it was not for me.... So I went abroad to study film production visual effects and 3d animation... I love my work now....
cool
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by jobbers: 7:35pm On May 08, 2017
great tips
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 08, 2017
I find this very helpful thanks op
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 08, 2017
Kingstom502:
Pls How Can I Post A Topic On Nairaland
Visit www.nairaland.com/nairaland
You will see different sections , click on the section you want to write something about...e.g education

After that,.. quickly scroll down and click on "create new topic"
Hope this is helpful.

Welcome to nairaland

1 Like

Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by InfoMall123: 8:12pm On May 08, 2017
Get this app! Quickest Way to prepare and Score High in JAMB! Amazing mobile app. Download for FREE!

Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Franky9584(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2017
11. reduce the hours u use ur phone and add that hours to read ur books
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 08, 2017
itskings:
The belief that all you need in Jamb is to pass has thoroughly been debunked. This can be reflected in a situation where you see candidates who score around 240 are not offered admission to study their desired course. Hence the need to score high.

This brings us to the reality that passing Jamb alone (Scoring 180 to 200) is not enough. What matters now is how high you can score. The higher you score, the more your chance of getting admitted to study your course of choice.

In this article, I will not touch the exact score you need to be sure of admission. I have already treated that in my recent post on Jamb score that will guarantee you admission .

Now, lets see how to read And Score High in Jamb:

1. Read Points
The reason why so many candidates fail Jamb is that they read too hard. It sounds ironically, right? But you don’t need to read hard. All you need is to read wise.

Go through the Jamb syllabus and point out the hot topics. For example, the Jamb mathematics syllabus doesn’t require you to learn inverse of 3*3 matrix.

Learning it means that you are off point.
Reading off point is the number one reason why very intelligent students fail Jamb examination. Do not read out of point.

2. Constant Reading
I hear Jamb candidates say, “I have finished this subject, no need to focus on it”. It is not the right attitude towards learning. With every passing week, go through all your subjects over and over again. With this, the points will be clearer to you.

The reason why you should constantly go through your subjects is that it helps you refresh the ideas. Else, you will forget a whole lot of things in the jamb exam hall.

3. Put Down High Score Points
As you study for Jamb, ensure to put down the key points in your rough note. When the exam gets very close, revise the point all over again.
This has been dealt with in my post on how to
prepare for an exam overnight.

4. Don’t Just Read Calculation Courses
Do not just read calculation courses. Make sure you pick a pen, calculator and rough sheet. For every topic you learn, solve at least 20 questions.

5. Don’t Assume
Never assume that you know any topic. Test yourself whether you really understand it.

6. Avoid Procrastination
Later things. This is the language of procrastinators. Avoid the use of such language and get back to work.

7. Study Effectively
Effective study means that you actually gained something from what you have studied. As you read, ask yourself, “what have I learnt so far?”.
Telling yourself the truth is honesty.

8. Ask Questions
Do not keep quiet. When you come across what is difficult to you. Quickly seek help.

9. Study Long
It is true that life not all about duration but donation. However, most effective studies are functions of time. Spend quality time to study.

10. You Need Mentor
Mentor is someone that has written Jamb and gained admission to study his desired course. You need guide from a mentor.

culled from VEVO

http://www.vevo.com.ng/2017/05/secrets-in-reading-for-jamb-to-score.html

I have alot i havent grabbed yet,and theres little time.How do i get up points fast,i have covered 5 years past questions but reading physics is hard also i havent touched maths.Your help needed
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by newslifeop: 9:03pm On May 08, 2017
Nice
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by chukwukapromise(m): 9:16pm On May 08, 2017
It pains me to see such an outlined procedure to SUCCESS without God in it!....My brodas and sisters if you rily want to follow such procedure pls note that God infulence and indulgence in your aspiration will Foster an integral success.
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by chukwukapromise(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2017
It pains me to see such an outlined procedure to SUCCESS without God in it!....My brodas and sisters if you rily want to follow such procedure pls note that God infulence and indulgence in your aspiration will Foster an integral success. Not just internal dependence on curricular readings and detailed procedure
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by donqx: 9:20pm On May 08, 2017
nice
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by DanseMacabre(m): 9:32pm On May 08, 2017
No wan discourage anybody, but who high JAMB score epp?
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 08, 2017
Kingstom502:
select a section you wanna post the topic, eg entertainment, romance etc
click on new topic.
then u type your title and write whatever u want to...then u post
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 08, 2017
Kingstom502:
click on new topic.
then u type your title and write whatever u want to...then u post...thank me later
in the other room
Kingstom502:
click on new topic.
then u type your title and write whatever u want to write...then u post...thank me later
in the other room
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Abdul124(m): 10:09pm On May 08, 2017
oshe11:
If u knw U r writing dis jamb dnt come to the hall wit anytin funi ooo, unless odas will laff at U

Mind U, MONEY IS NOT FUNNY grin
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by real691(m): 10:42pm On May 08, 2017
Franzinni:
my brother you are right...

The thing wey dey pain me be say at the same time person wey read hausa for school because of connections now nah bank manager...

Nigerian education most people go to school so they can boast about it... That is why we can not manufacture even razor blade....

The richest black man in the whole of Africa.... He go school...

We have one of the highest Phd holders in Africa and we can not even improve standard of living....

A beg e weak me but life goes on...

I love this, but the richest black man studied business in Egypt (business studies), no be beans o..
I like your comment but abeg no discourage those Jambite, EDUCATION PAYS!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Franzinni: 11:34pm On May 08, 2017
real691:

I love this, but the richest black man studied business in Egypt (business studies), no be beans o..
I like your comment but abeg no discourage those Jambite, EDUCATION PAYS!!!
yes sir.... Last I checked it was dangote... And me I go the school ooo..... Any body way No want go...

Oyo..

1 Like

Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by paulpery: 7:15am On May 09, 2017
If you like use the above suggestions, it's possible you still fail. Many factors
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by aribisala0(m): 7:35am On May 09, 2017
DanseMacabre:
No wan discourage anybody, but who high JAMB score epp?
e epp me
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by marooh: 8:55am On May 09, 2017
Chrisozone:
We already know these points.
We were expecting another tricks

Old jamb customer
grin
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Nobody: 10:24am On May 09, 2017
pls, what's the cutoff mark for those who wants to study medicine in ABU ZARIA?
Re: 10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High by Nobody: 10:29am On May 09, 2017
DOES IT APPLY TO THE ONES IN THE NORTH

(1) (2) (Reply)

2011/2012 Unilorin Remedial Application / What Is The Right Answer? (Photo) / Oou Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.