Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go (18116 Views)

Man Sleeping On A Moving Truck In Abuja / Lagos Conductor Sleeping On Duty While Car Is Moving / Teenage Boy Packaged Into A Suitcase, To Be Smuggled Into Spain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by sixtus3606(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2017
AutoReportNG:
That moment when you thought you have seen the weirdest in innovation and technology that's when the journey begins. We have seen autonomous cars, drones, aircrafts, and now an autonomous suitcase. I remembered showing this clip to my friend and what he said was "Radarada, they should come and try this in Naija, they will steal the bag, the owner, and the operatee". A California-based company named Travelmate Robotics which aim to ease of travelers, shoutout to all those busty ladies at the airport, God has answered your prayers, with this suitcase, traveling just got get better using the autonomous robotic technology.

According to the company..

Travelmate moves by itself both horizontally and vertically, following three to five feet behind you by tracking your smartphone location. It matches your speed accurately, going as fast as 6.75 mph.

The company says Travelmate works seamlessly in crowds and doesn’t require any extra peripherals. As an “autonomous” suitcase and robot companion, Travelmate can sense obstacles ahead and take action to avoid them. The prototype suitcase uses an infrared sensor to detect potential obstacles, but the final product scheduled to ship in June of this year is expected to use a different sensor, perhaps a camera or radar.

The suitcase is always nearby and you can turn on an alarm, just like with your car keys, if it ever gets too far away from you.

In addition, the suitcase’s battery can be used to charge your electronic devices through a USB port and a standard electrical outlet.

The carry-on suitcase complies with IATA, ICAO and FAA regulations, according to the company.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/05/self-moving-suitcase-follows-you.html

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PJk2TzfMIw

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

AutoReportNG you try for this one, no be small wink

2 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by bejeria101(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2017
Boko boys and dia brodas go like dis one
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Andrew3(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2017
hahaha time to start working on an app that can jam suitcase jps and feed a wrong location to the suitecase

1 Like

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Nastydroid(m): 7:41am On May 24, 2017
This bag is going to get missing at jibowu within 5 seconds

3 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by olowobaba10: 7:42am On May 24, 2017
SEEING IS BELIEVING
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by jashar(f): 7:47am On May 24, 2017
But in Nigeria, network dey cease sometimes na. Even for airport. E go just hang...

2 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:58am On May 24, 2017
This news done tey now. Since last year wey I done watch this on futurism instagram page. Well, no news is old.
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Jackipapa: 8:07am On May 24, 2017
9ger i hail, this kind thing no go work laelae jare.

2 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by colbankz(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2017
Electroweb:
Let them test it in Oshodi or Onitsha.

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by okemejames(m): 8:22am On May 24, 2017
Can the Suitcase climb stairs?
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Olisa4all: 8:27am On May 24, 2017
Would this be allowed as a carry-on bag since it will contain batteries??
Its to check dangerous goods manual though

1 Like

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Kobicove(m): 8:30am On May 24, 2017
This would only be suitable for light travelling for the time being cos the battery pack will take up a lot of space in the suitcase...
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by bigsmoke2(m): 8:42am On May 24, 2017
Not for naija, u will look back and discover the suitcase has been kidnapped grin

2 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by shenaxy: 8:46am On May 24, 2017
Wie case wan pass for bad naija roads
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by expozey(f): 9:06am On May 24, 2017
For naija, d one wey pesin hold sef dey loss talkless of d one wey be auto-folo. I no want abeg

2 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by fortunechy(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2017
naija must not be included in this innovation because reverse must be the case here
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Chukazu: 9:21am On May 24, 2017
The Chinese would soon pirate it and mass-produce it

2 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by zamirikpo(m): 9:28am On May 24, 2017
Grabbeast:
What if you want to climb step.

Will the suitcase jump?
grin grin grin

or, our gallopy roads..................hope the suitcase moves infront of the owner, if na side or behind then am sorry......

1 Like

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Honest2(m): 9:33am On May 24, 2017
Try and use this suit case in Nigeria
You won't know when it will disapair
....is called awati

2 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by basic23111: 10:12am On May 24, 2017
tell me where u can use this stuff in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Jabioro: 10:59am On May 24, 2017
The robot control will be hacked by yahoo boyz and it would change both directions and ownership..

1 Like

Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by chiraqDemon(m): 11:03am On May 24, 2017
If u dey naija better carry ur box for ur hand o. Na jus good advice, nor test technology for here. U fit ask around even person wey carry him box for hand nor de 100% safe
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by BiggyBamBam: 1:42pm On May 24, 2017
Nonsense, does it prevent a Lagos guy from grabbing and running away with it?
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Mcreloaded(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2017
It will work well for areas like nylon street please don't ask me where nylon street is just google it. Lol
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by Electroweb(m): 8:25pm On May 24, 2017
[quote author=colbankz post=56821236][/quote]

Your ignorance amuses me. Keep it up.
Re: Self-Moving Suitcase Follows You Wherever You Go by colbankz(m): 6:34am On May 25, 2017
Electroweb:

Your ignorance amuses me. Keep it up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. / Libya was hell: Nigerian returnee (Read Shocking Details) / Bus Plunges Into Arun River In Ogun, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.