Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:11 PM

Top 20 Nigerian Universities With Most EMPLOYABLE Graduates - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 20 Nigerian Universities With Most EMPLOYABLE Graduates (2478 Views)

20 Nigerian Sites That Are Currently Paying Nigerian Writers / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE EMPLOYABLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 20 Nigerian Universities With Most EMPLOYABLE Graduates by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 09, 2017
Stutern is a Lagos-based startup, an online platform that connects interns with employers with available internship positions. It also carries out studies on employment in Nigeria and Nigerian universities. Have you wondered which universities have the most employable graduates in Nigeria? Stutern embarked on a study into the question and this is the resulting list:

1. Covenant university With a 90% employability rate, Covenant University located in Ota, Ogun state, has the most employable students in the country. It is a private Christian university, affiliated with Living Faith Church Worldwide.

2. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Ogun state has an employability rate of 84.62% and comes in as the second university with the most employable students in Nigeria.

3. Obafemi Awolowo University Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) is a federal government owned and operated university. It has an employability rate of 83.33%.

4. Federal University of Technology, Akure The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is a top ranking University of technology in Nigeria and indeed the nation's pride. It is in fourth place with an employability rate of 80%.

5. University of Ilorin The University of Ilorin, also known as Unilorin, is a university in Ilorin, Nigeria. It was established by a decree of the Federal Military Government in 1975. It comes in 5th with an employability rate of 77.78%.

https://www.naij.com/1102905-top-20-nigerian-universities-employable-graduates.html

Re: Top 20 Nigerian Universities With Most EMPLOYABLE Graduates by Oblitz(m): 1:37pm On May 09, 2017
Good
Re: Top 20 Nigerian Universities With Most EMPLOYABLE Graduates by mandarin: 2:43pm On May 09, 2017
I cannot say how good or widely acceptable this report can be, I can relate to some of those schools mentioned and confirm some to be true maybe just that I can't ascribe percentages to each school.
I can easily also say that the sample space from which the statistics was derived and methodology be made explicit. I quite agree on Convenant, FUNAAB, FUTA, EKSU(UNAD-before), OAU, Unilorin but placing Unilag at far 10th and UI in the bush? I disagree.Why? Because I've had causes to work with undergraduates, graduates and products of all these institutions and I rank them ver high as far as Nigeria is concerned.
We should also know that some fields are notable with some institutions like Business related disciplines can go with Unilag. When we were discussing MBA classifications based on exiting standards in Nigeria a few days ago, it was easy for us to this way: LBS, Unilag,OAU, UI(albeit new but qualitative products based on antecedents) while others will follow.
One institution I really really respect is FUTA, good school, shining products even when their graduates go abroad, they excel. The alumni strengths of these schools can also be a pointer in their chosen fields or related ones and not just in politics as ABU may want to make that a point of strength.

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Maximum Height Requirement For Cabin Crew? / Should I Crossover To Mainstreet Bank??? / Do Not Go Into Entrepreneurship If You Are A Recent Graduate. Get A Job Instead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.