Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State (4552 Views)

Culture And Tradition Of The Ogho (owo) Kingdom Of Ondo State. / Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition / Are Urhobos And Isoko And Ika Also Edo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State by Mastergt96: 2:16am On May 01, 2020
Yes I Don show. Here is my odovan

Addressor : omo Roghene mu kparakoko
Addressee: Osho se muo o

Meaning
Addressor: A child that is on the shoulder of God
Addressee : can never be afraid

Nice one...I like it
Re: The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State by AreaFada2: 4:55am On May 01, 2020
Very nice and funny Edovan. grin grin grin

Would people also write it outside their house, on their car or otherwise boldly show it outside of peer sessions?

It appears most are known local idioms and some creative new ones.
Re: The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State by otokx(m): 4:42pm On May 02, 2020
Interesting.
Re: The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State by Nyamuriflathead: 7:21am On Aug 03, 2020
Nice Thread
Re: The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State by Emilokoiyawon: 2:07am On Aug 06, 2020
Urhobos and Esans (who gave birth to Igbos) were where the first children of Bini. Urhobos should have stayed with Edo instead of joining Delta with Anioma. I understand that politically it favored them. But Urhobos are naturally Edos. ONLY FOOLS WILL DEBATE WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN HERE.
Re: The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State by darfay: 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Urhobos and Esans (who gave birth to Igbos) were where the first children of Bini. Urhobos should have stayed with Edo instead of joining Delta with Anioma. I understand that politically it favored them. But Urhobos are naturally Edos. ONLY FOOLS WILL DEBATE WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN HERE.

But Urhobos are more than edos numerically

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Etsako People Of Edo State / Why Are Yorubas Trying To Culturally Appropriate Igbo Cuisine? / RAW HONEY WITH BEESWAX IN HONEYCOMB AVAILABLE IN LAGOS, NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.