Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! (793 Views)

Please I Really Need Your Humble Suggestions / Help!! Suggestions On Any Job Or Business I Can Do As An Undergraduate / How Do I Handle This Situation. I Need Your Suggestions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! by exotiqueify(f): 4:30pm On May 09, 2017
I'm currently sitting on a job offer (already signed), to begin ASAP, but working currently somewhere else. The new offer is from a more structured environment, but its a renewable contract, and very possible staffing at the end of the year(based on performance of course). Current job is not quite structured, still in the development stage, but might launch soon. The only perk i'm seeing in the new job is proximity and shift-based. Current job? well? no perks yet. I am not quite concerned about the pay now, just want to grow my career, which the new job is most likely to offer. What do you advise? Matured responses please.

cc: Debbie, GEJPosterity
Re: Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! by GEJPosterity: 4:51pm On May 09, 2017
exotiqueify:
I'm currently sitting on a job offer (already signed), to begin ASAP, but working currently somewhere else. The new offer is [/b] from a more structured environment[b], but its a renewable contract, and very possible staffing at the end of the year(based on performance of course). Current job is not quite structured, still in the development stage, but might launch soon. The only perk i'm seeing in the new job is proximity and shift-based. Current job? well? no perks yet. I am not quite concerned about the pay now, just want to grow my career, which the new job is most likely to offer. What do you advise? Matured responses please.

I think it's very obvious what you should do. You've said that one of the jobs offers more of an opportunity to grow, is a more structured environment, and is closer to where you live. The fact that it is a renewable fixed-term contract doesn't make it any less secure than the present one, because in reality, no job is secure. The management at your current place will dump you without thinking twice if it works to their advantage. Your only loyalty in the corporate world should be to your own interests. There is no paddy in the jungle, and Nigeria is a jungle.

Having said that, keep your eyes wide open wherever you are going, and if possible try not to leave where you are on a bad note. As you said, the ultimate aim is to grow your career. You don't grow your career through loyalty - that's one of the biggest lies told to us when we were growing up. You grow your career by making the most of opportunities as they arise.

It's your decision at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! by exotiqueify(f): 4:56pm On May 09, 2017
GEJPosterity:

I think it's very obvious what you should do. You've said that one of the jobs offers more of an opportunity to grow, is a more structured environment, and is closer to where you live. The fact that it is a renewable fixed-term contract doesn't make it any less secure than the present one, because in reality, no job is secure. The management at your current place will dump you without thinking twice if it works to their advantage. Your only loyalty in the corporate world should be to your own interests. There is no paddy in the jungle, and Nigeria is a jungle.

Having said that, keep your eyes wide open wherever you are going, and if possible try not to leave where you are on a bad note. As you said, the ultimate aim is to grow your career. You don't grow your career through loyalty - that's one of the biggest lies told to us when we were growing up. You grow your career by making the most of opportunities as they arise.

It's your decision at the end of the day.

Harsh truth....Knew i could always count on you. But truth is, i just started at the current place, not long... I am so confused. Can we chat please? With the number you gave me before?
Re: Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! by akdrealman(m): 5:00pm On May 09, 2017
Dogan’s Sugar Limited was consolidated in July 2013 in Lagos, Nigeria as a European contributed organisation for the will to create quality sugar items in Nigeria. The organisation is a backup of Ata Ltd. Co.; Ukraine’s greatest and market pioneer shape sugar fabricating organisation with more than small organisation to work with.
Re: Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! by GEJPosterity: 5:00pm On May 09, 2017
exotiqueify:

Harsh truth....Knew i could always count on you. But truth is, i just started at the current place, not long... I am so confused. Can we chat please? With the number you gave me before?
Email would be better, because I'm not using that number anymore and I don't want to put up my number here because it's a public forum.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! by debbie(f): 7:35pm On May 09, 2017
Sorry dear for responding late.To be sincere with you,no job is secure..but i think considering what experience you want to get from the new job.Take it and learn from it...knowing that you wont stay there forever.Give yourself sometime and move ahead.Remember most recruiters are scared of people who easily jump from one job to another ...judging from their cv.But that doesnt mean you cant pick a better job when you get one.
Please grow your career now...the pay and all the luxury you wish to get from a job will come later.
But finally the choice is yours.
I pray you apply wisdom in your decision
exotiqueify:
I'm currently sitting on a job offer (already signed), to begin ASAP, but working currently somewhere else. The new offer is [/b] from a more structured environment[b], but its a renewable contract, and very possible staffing at the end of the year(based on performance of course). Current job is not quite structured, still in the development stage, but might launch soon. The only perk i'm seeing in the new job is proximity and shift-based. Current job? well? no perks yet. I am not quite concerned about the pay now, just want to grow my career, which the new job is most likely to offer. What do you advise? Matured responses please.

2 Likes

Re: Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! by exotiqueify(f): 2:33am On May 10, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Email would be better, because I'm not using that number anymore and I don't want to put up my number here because it's a public forum.

okay
Re: Suggestions, Please, Anyone?! by exotiqueify(f): 2:34am On May 10, 2017
debbie:
Sorry dear for responding late.To be sincere with you,no job is secure..but i think considering what experience you want to get from the new job.Take it and learn from it...knowing that you wont stay there forever.Give yourself sometime and move ahead.Remember most recruiters are scared of people who easily jump from one job to another ...judging from their cv.But that doesnt mean you cant pick a better job when you get one.
Please grow your career now...the pay and all the luxury you wish to get from a job will come later.
But finally the choice is yours.
I pray you apply wisdom in your decision
Amen. i pray so too. Thanx ma'am.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Dreamed Of Working In A Manufacturing Company?, Well Apply Now / Ibadan Business Interview Of 1st June 2017 / Jumia Nigeria Is Recruitment In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.