Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,124 members, 7,863,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

Chained By Sofia Lawal - Eyesoflagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chained By Sofia Lawal - Eyesoflagos (327 Views)

Yahaya Lawal, Buhari’s Aide Prevented From Entering UN General Assembly. Photo / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million / See New Photo Of 9-yr-old Boy Chained By His Pastor Dad Adopted By Gov. Amosun W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chained By Sofia Lawal - Eyesoflagos by alphonsojaybaz: 5:42pm On May 09, 2017
CHAINED BY SOFIA LAWAL - EYESOFLAGOS
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/05/chained-by-sofia-lawal-eyesoflagos.html

The invisible shackles that's tied to our soul, isn't as shattering at heart than those fake smiles we chose to mask around, making the world believe the smile not just a cover for the pain felt, disguising how we really feel and pain faced daily.

It's all hidden beneath that smile, our fears, but what are we left with? Isn't it nothing but hope? Hope for a greater tomorrow? Hope for a transparent and tranquil tomorrow? Isn't it all we seek for? Are we going to get that which our soul so seek for?

Our souls are sealed away with propaganda, we know what we face yet we still face it, because we are fighters, aiming for a cause and determined to get through, yet we put ourselves through what we facing, the situation we are in we put ourselves in it, we choose to believe what they feed us.

The darkness we are in we created it all by ourselves, it's hard to escape from it, we don't make this mistakes, we know quite well what we are in and blame it on them when they reach the height of their position, but didn't we we know that before bringing them in? We know what we want before going for it, cause the power lies with us.

Most times, we know how wrong we are but still go for it, cause of what we are getting now and then not thinking of what we would be getting NEXT! The future....

Now, its heartbreaking and terrifying to think of all we could have been but we are not still, its saddening cause we are supposed to stand as one great nation but our leaders are standing as great ones all by themselves. The clattering sounds of the chains as they drag through our soul is every where, surrounding our inner thoughts but we choose to ignore it. Why? What would i say i smell at that? Fear! Its creating a thick fog around us that its not long before we see that, cause i fear what we are becoming.

Nation are supposed to rise at our feet not squirm or feel disgusted when our name is called but we have prevailed them by giving them false image of us not what we really are, all these are chained down to our soul.

The inflation pressure have done nothing but hit the soul of people and we still in this pain the problem still rises yet its not worked on no improvement, the feeling of abandonment is slowly creeping in and can't be comprehend, yet we still smiling, i say its a pain that's chained to our soul that dwells deep but still not burning, i fear a day would come where the fear would eat up every inch of our soul, take over all and the soul would be left not without being shattered..

The turbulence that squash our heart are terrible yet they feel nothing like none of it, because they are not in it, theh were never on it and would never be in it, but they still they gives us false assurance and nothing seems to be elevated yet our soul is chained daily. The same hope that kept our forefathers is what is still keeping us, yet we are still turning in same circles as they had turned.

The clock is ticking faster and faster as day goes by, where are we heading to? It isn't clear but we are still going to keep hoping, we have to keep our heads high above is, reach out for ultimate goal, cause what we have we don't know. Para venture we do but we can't be stucked in a place for too long, we are doing nothing but harming the pretty soul, we need to break free from them and drop that chain off our soul, we need to do it together with our voice, The Youth Call.

Re: Chained By Sofia Lawal - Eyesoflagos by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 09, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Has Anybody Heard From Audu Makori? / Anti-graft Agency Suspends Probe Of Emir Sanusi / Aso Villa Newsletter (contd.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.