Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Osinbajo: Buhari Handed Over To Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Buhari Handed Over To Me (317 Views)

Why I Warned Osinbajo – Buhari / President Buhari Handed APC Flag At Akwa Ibom Rally (Photos) / Osinbajo: Buhari Will Hand Over To South-West In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Buhari Handed Over To Me by sharpden: 8:01am On May 10, 2017
VICE-PRESIDENT Yemi Osinbajo has waded into the controversy spawned by the wording of President Muhammadu Buhari’s letter to the national assembly.

Responding to a question on the issue on Twitter, Osinbajo said the president did hand over power to him.

The president embarked on a medical trip to the UK on Sunday, and he transmitted a letter to the national assembly informing it of his absence.

In the letter read on the floor of the senate on Tuesday, Buhari said the vice-president would “coordinate the activities of the government” in his absence.

This was different from a letter the president sent to the national assembly when he embarked on a similar trip to the UK in January. At the time, he wrote that the vice-president would “perform the duties of my office” while he was away.

ALSO READ: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Magu

The wording of the president’s recent letter has generated much debate, with critics accusing Buhari of deliberately undermining his deputy.

Tweeting via @benamaigwo, one Bernard Amaiguo had asked: “Mr. vice president, why did Mr President refuse to hand over the affairs of the country to you?”

In his response, Osinbajo said the president did transfer power to him.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/05/osinbajo-buhari-handed-over-to-me/

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Releases Family Members Of Nasarawa State House Of Assembly Member / Ifaki-ido Federal Road Emergency Repair Work Now Almost Completed / Honourable Minister Of Finance Kemi Adeosun’s Post-spring Meetings Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.