Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants (32759 Views)

Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME / JAMB Policy Meeting And Number Of Applicants Per School / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by GodIsFoolish: 11:18am On May 10, 2017
kolaaderin:
All this u are seeing is by number of magic centres. The top states have higher number of magic centres for malpractices. IMO states serves the whole eastern states while Lagos candidates where spreaded over 3 western states. Osun , Oyo and Ogun. Else how would one rationalised Lagos state not on list with population of close to 20 million people.

Lagos State has no indigenous population, the candidates in Lagos and other states registered based on ''state on origin'', Lagos will top if it was by state of residence.

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by kernel504(m): 11:20am On May 10, 2017
Freiden:

You dey sleep on top bicycle

Just from this thread

West : 257,815 candidates

East : 179,121 candidates

North : 142,380 candidates

Middle-belt : 139,066 Candidates

South South : 81,108 Candidates

Wake up bro.

Western education in Nigeria is indeed western.

Hahahaha... That's illusionary figure of yours was just gotten by adding 2 Eastern states against 3 of the States Western, why not three?

Please check states with the highest performance over the past twelve years, you won't comment ever again.
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Schematics: 11:21am On May 10, 2017
For all I know it is all about registering anybody and anything just to be on the list. Some states would even register non living things to prove some points.

wawappl:
It is not about individual perfomances rather it is about the quest for post secondary education
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by otokx(m): 11:25am On May 10, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
Wait a sec! You mean to tell me that there are more jamb applicants in Kano than in Lagos? Shior.

Its a masterstroke, since Kano is designated Educational Less Developed State alongside all northern states, we now have Nnamdi Kanu claiming to be from Kano state, Fayose Ayodele from Kaduna state, Nyesom Wike from Benue state and on and on. That way even when they score 200 over 400 they will get choice departments in admission over their original fellows that scored 290.

1 Like

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by GodIsFoolish: 11:26am On May 10, 2017
Abagworo:
The good news here is that the North is rising. There is hope for a more educated North in the future and 2ndly Aregbesola is a success as far as education is concerned. Osun has never been in top 3 since its creation but now overtook Ondo, Delta and Anambra. It's definitely not a coincidence.

I will like to confirm this list though because I doubt how Benue, Kogi, Kano and Kaduna would top Ondo, Ekiti, Rivers, Enugu,Edo and Abia. This list.................

This is just the number of applications and not results,
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by waledeji(m): 11:27am On May 10, 2017
chiefolododo:
About 6 States form the YORUBA nation ; osun, Ogun, delta, kogi , Oyo and Imo

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Nobody: 11:28am On May 10, 2017
kernel504:

Hahahaha... That's illusionary figure of yours was just gotten by adding 2 Eastern states against 3 of the States Western, why not three?

Please check states with the highest performance over the past twelve years, you won't comment ever again.

that's based on the top 10 states. I wont check the performances cos i know it goes to the Afonjas, you can counter my claims by posting the performances here.

NOTE: It must be from a reliable source not just one useless blog.
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Kayrich(m): 11:31am On May 10, 2017
Dont worry lagos. You will head the list of numbers of examination centres for sure.
I dont blame you because nobody hailed from lagos.
And situations like this no one dares denies his/her state of origin

1 Like

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Sirheny007(m): 11:31am On May 10, 2017
Until Imo State repents from its corrupt ways when it comes to getting admission into higher Institutions,
they will continue to produce the highest number of Jamb applicants..

This is my state where anything goes...
Even the Jamb new method of admission in order to curb corruption cannot work here..

To all these corrupt lecturers and administrators, from course reps to HOD's continue hampering the future of you sons and daughters.
Imbeciles..!
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by kernel504(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2017
kolaaderin:
All this u are seeing is by number of magic centres. The top states have higher number of magic centres for malpractices. IMO states serves the whole eastern states while Lagos candidates where spreaded over 3 western states. Osun , Oyo and Ogun. Else how would one rationalised Lagos state not on list with population of close to 20 million people.

State of Origin, not state of residence.
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by ipobbigot7: 11:33am On May 10, 2017
The people from the potopoto republic are now waking up along side the northerners to go to school.
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by stanbesty: 11:36am On May 10, 2017
Where's Katsina state. If na DSS job,their number will be higher. But can't go to school. Even their leader,who leads them, and afonjas has no certificate.
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by kernel504(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2017
Freiden:

that's based on the top 10 states. I wont check the performances cos i know it goes to the Afonjas, you can counter my claims by posting the performances here.

NOTE: It must be from a reliable source not just one useless blog.

Ten States only?hahahahah
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Nobody: 11:44am On May 10, 2017
kernel504:

I cant see whats funny here. If there are 3 western states in the top 10 and only 1 eastern state....that should ring a bell in your ears unless you want to look away from the truth.....Everybody but you know when it comes to western education, you give it to the Afonjas.

I challenge you to prove that i am wrong!
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Innobee99(m): 11:44am On May 10, 2017
Kogi And Benue are like 5&6!
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Nobody: 11:47am On May 10, 2017
kernel504:

Sirheny007:
Until Imo State repents from its corrupt ways when it comes to getting admission into higher Institutions,
they will continue to produce the highest number of Jamb applicants..

This is my state where anything goes...
Even the Jamb new method of admission in order to curb corruption cannot work here..

To all these corrupt lecturers and administrators, from course reps to HOD's continue hampering the future of you sons and daughters.
Imbeciles..!
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by AlamienDagash(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2017
LagOs no dey write jamb neh?
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Basic123: 11:48am On May 10, 2017
Freiden:
smiley

I know say Osun go dey top 3 before opening the thread .....Osun and schooling be like ........

1 Like

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Basic123: 11:52am On May 10, 2017
Freiden:

You dey sleep on top bicycle

Just from this thread

West : 257,815 candidates

East : 179,121 candidates

North : 142,380 candidates

Middle-belt : 139,066 Candidates

South South : 81,108 Candidates

Wake up bro.

Western education in Nigeria is indeed western.
you dey mind that one?...he is just one ibadan brown roof fetishists like , uglyafonja,arinze2015 that will just hit nairaland blindly and be bragging and chest beating.

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Sammy07: 11:54am On May 10, 2017
I will like to confirm this list though
because I doubt how Benue, Kogi, Kano & Kaduna would top Ondo, Ekiti, Rivers,Enugu,Edo and Abia. This list.................
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Sammy07: 11:58am On May 10, 2017
AlamienDagash:
LagOs no dey write jamb neh?
try to understand, it's state of origin not residence
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Customer80: 12:03pm On May 10, 2017
wawappl:
what happened, Anambra used to among the first 4 before. Even my dear Enugu state is not there.
I guess enugu will still be in top 15 or 20
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Sammy07: 12:05pm On May 10, 2017
Bensmart04:
Jamb 2017 Statistics - See the Top 10 States with Highest Number of Jamb Applicants 2017

Jamb 2017 Statistics - Following the just concluded Jamb 2017 Registration below is the statistics of the top 10 state with the highest number of applicants, We believe this may inspire you and also help you to seat up for your exam knowing that you have lots of people to compete with.

These numbers were released by The Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, at a news briefing with newsmen in Bwari, in preparations for the conduct of this year's UTME.

1,736,571 - Total Number of Registered Candidates (Highest Number in the History of JAMB)
Jamb 2017 Statistics: Top 10 States with Highest Number of Jamb Applicants

101,868 - Imo State (Highest Number)
88,655 - Osun State
87,811 - Oyo State
81,349 - Ogun State
81,108 - Delta State
77,253 - Anambra State
72,104 - Kaduna State
70,276 - Kano State
70,150 - Kogi State
68,916 - Benue State

321 visually handicapped candidates

624 CBT Centres Nationwide to Hold Exams Simultaneously

The official benchmark cut-off points for admissions will be released after the results are out.

He further said that cut-off points were not set by JAMB, but by policy committee been chaired by the Minister of Education with the Board, Vice-Chancellors, Provost of Education and Polytechnic Rectors.

He described cut-off points to be a minimum requirement and not an indication that one was admissible.

We wish all candidates the best of luck as the exam starts on 13th May, 2017.

Source: http://www.studentsng.org/2017/05/jamb-2017-statistics-by-states.html

11. Ondo state
12. Ekiti state

others should follow like twitter grin grin grin
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Icon4s(m): 12:06pm On May 10, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
Wait a sec! You mean to tell me that there are more jamb applicants in Kano than in Lagos? Shior.

This is according to state of origin and not state of residence.
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Hyicene(m): 12:21pm On May 10, 2017
Bensmart04:
That's what you are seeing na.. or think cows also registered for Jamb?
lol
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by IBNgemini: 12:29pm On May 10, 2017
Kayrich:
Dont worry lagos. You will head the list of numbers of examination centres for sure.
I dont blame you because nobody hailed from lagos.
And situations like this no one dares denies his/her state of origin

Who told you nobody hails from Lagos.lagos has indigenes...
50% of the total population of students in Lagos state university are lagosians..
Stop spilling trash.
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Onlyfrozenjim(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2017
am not surprised IMO is first....but where Lagos they
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by kernel504(m): 12:34pm On May 10, 2017
Freiden:

I cant see whats funny here. If there are 3 western states in the top 10 and only 1 eastern state....that should ring a bell in your ears unless you want to look away from the truth.....Everybody but you know when it comes to western education, you give it to the Afonjas.

I challenge you to prove that i am wrong!

For the past twelve years the Eastern States has also topped best performing education ranging from JAMB, SSCE.

We don't shout to much.

Official data says it all.

www.nairaland.com/3639547/jamb-application-admission-data-gender

www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/517

The pictorial details is on PDF, but is viewable on the first link .
Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Uchedeformula: 1:25pm On May 10, 2017
Statsocial:
The list is not by State of Residency but by Origin and I'm sure indigenous Lagosians are not more than Kano indigenes. Also, I can bet that a large proportion of those Ogun, Oyo and Osun folks reside in Lagos, even some of those Imo and Anambra folks too. But their data would accrue to their respective states of Origin. If it was done by residency then Lagos would have nearly taken 1 million of the candidates.
I would have loved it if the data for state of residency was put side by side with this one. Then we can measure the educational trend of each state and commend their respective government, but of what use is data reflecting for instance 20,000 candidates for Borno if 90% of those candidates are residing in Abj or Lagos.

I love this. That's how it's done. All these state of origin matter is irrelevant, no matter how U try to look at it

1 Like

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by OkuFaba(m): 2:19pm On May 10, 2017
admax:
Imo is doing something good about education! I Love it!
yeah, one of our greatest investment in Imo state is Education. Every family takes this seriously. PROUDLY IMOLITE

1 Like

Re: Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants by Dollabiz: 2:34pm On May 10, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Nairalanders Who Grew Up Together, Recreate Their Picture After 8 Years / UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings / Military Beats Students Inside Uniport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.