Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos (26021 Views)

Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) / Young Girl Helping Her Mum Fry Yam And Akara Crushed By Jeep In Owerri. Photos / Drone View Of Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by admax(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by Nobody: 11:30am On May 10, 2017
wiloy2k8:

Guy Hide
These are questions that needs answers. Inasmuch there are no signs in the road, other persons have passed same road without casualty to best of my knowledge.
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by fidet1(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2017
This one pass man hole. Na truck hole be this
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by Nobody: 11:53am On May 10, 2017
valencia: rash pls no vex.....
rash be like no IGWE must hear dis... we cannot tk it anymore..contractor wan spoil ma container ??

Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by Nobody: 11:54am On May 10, 2017
this isnt a man hole but a septic tank
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by deloon(m): 11:54am On May 10, 2017
In a sane country, there are normally government agencies that check the activities of contractors to ensure they comply with safety standards. If such incident should occur in that country, the contractor is sure to be fined heavily amongst other penalties. But this is Nigeria....

It would have been nice if the contractor name is given so Google can index his incompetence.
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by 360command: 11:59am On May 10, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
An unsuspecting driver of a red Passat Wagon car yesterday night plunged into a manhole while racing down towards the roundabout from the bank road in Owerri, the Imo State capital. According to a report from an Owerri resident, the contractor handling the Bank Road expansion refused to put up a Caution sign by the manhole to alert drivers despite incessant calls for that.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/lack-of-caution-sign-lands-driver-and.html

not long I saw beautiful pics of owerri, if the OP had indicated this "man-hole" pics earlier, it would serve as a deterrent to the driver and the car.
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by TerrorSquad147: 12:51pm On May 10, 2017
supereagle:
Rochas is Working. The right man for Aso Rock. Lol.
so that he'll sink Nigeria totally right?
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by kabaka1: 12:56pm On May 10, 2017
daamazing:
this thing dey funny walai. I'm just imagining the man driving then all of a sudden-the car go just feel light-the car don fly... the man go dey shout

Jesus.. blood of Jesus Christ grin

It's not funny. This could have been their death zone. Can't d ogas due d govt in this modern day
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by AkumahTalk(m): 1:12pm On May 10, 2017
This one na Womanhole
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by hexy40: 1:20pm On May 10, 2017
nairaman66:
That's no excuse! Is the guy drunk? So many questions for the guy to answer!!

Is he driving a car or a bicycle? No headlamps? Speeding recklessly at night? Was he attentive? These are questions begging for answers!
oga, u don drive for night before? Car don flash u light for eye before? Even if car no flash u light, e get as the road go be, no matter how alert and sober person go enter such death trap

2 Likes

Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by nairaman66(m): 1:24pm On May 10, 2017
freebreezeyz:
You tried to make sense but failed. For people to have been asking for a caution sign to be put up there shows gross negligence on the part of the contractor!!!

How many dilapidated roads and death traps from Benin to okenne to lokoja are caution signs? I am just saying the guy drove with serious recklessness!

I am not condoning the the situation, but if the guy had been careful, it would have been an avoidable situation.
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 10, 2017
nairaman66:

Is he driving a car or a bicycle? No headlamps? Speeding recklessly at night? Was he attentive? These are questions begging for answers!
There should be a sign there, even if he is drunk there should still be a sign that's the governments responsibility. In an organized society he will be definitely rich from suing the city of owerre for having a death trap there.
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by Psoul(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2017
thrugemaster:
Seriously, rochas nah crown. Operation rescue mission my a.s.s.

My brother, what kind of CROWN is he? I believe a Royal Crown.
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by nattyhero(m): 3:49pm On May 10, 2017
Op no vex oooo so you get mind post say that place Na manhole. Its so sad. I advice you do ur research well before you deceive ppl with words. If u don't know the meaning of a man hole Plz ask. If u even use or apply simple logic u will know what A manhole means. Bros see foto of manhole SMH shocked shocked

Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by afonjadie: 6:25pm On May 10, 2017
nairaman66:

Guy with this comment of yours its clear that you have not driven a car before cause if you have then you would not make such statement...

Well let me just tell you this, Night driving is more of envisioning whats on the road than what you can actually see, cause when a case with light brighter than yours or just as bright as yours is coming the opposite direction na sense you go use... because you wouldn't actually see much so if there is a danger/hazard on the road and you are not familiar with it then sorry is you second name, i believe thats what happened in this case.
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by nairaman66(m): 6:33pm On May 10, 2017
afonjadie:
Guy with this comment of yours its clear that you have not driven a car before cause if you have then you would not make such statement...

Well let me just tell you this, Night driving is more of envisioning whats on the road than what you can actually see, cause when a case with light brighter than yours or just as bright as yours is coming the opposite direction na sense you go use... because you wouldn't actually see much so if there is a danger/hazard on the road and you are not familiar with it then sorry is you second name, i believe thats what happened in this case.

Dude I am using a MB GLK 350!! grin I stand by what I said!!
Re: Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos by Deilluminator(m): 7:03pm On May 10, 2017
Victornezzar:

Wat concerns buhari nd dis 1 now
Did you just confirmed Bubu as Buhari's nickname?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip / Tanker Fire In Port Harcourt Kills People, Destroys Properties (Graphic Photos) / Akwa Ibom Commences 8-Lane Construction Of Ring Road 2 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.