Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,194 members, 7,849,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

Is It True That Sometimes Actresses Have To Sleep With Directors To Get A Role - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is It True That Sometimes Actresses Have To Sleep With Directors To Get A Role (689 Views)

"It Hurts Me When People Say Video Vixens Sleep With Directors" –Fagbemi Adesola / You Will Celebrate Me One Day, Ceec Replies Man Who Said She Isn’t A Role Model / 5 Nollywood Actress That Slept With Directors Before They Made It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Sometimes Actresses Have To Sleep With Directors To Get A Role by Nobody: 9:47am On May 10, 2017
I suspect that a shocking percentage of actresses in major Nollywood films decided to take the “easy” way up and put out for producers, directors or key actors who could get them work.

In fact, one young actress, who remained anonymous, submitted an article to an entertainment blog.

Here is part of what the actress had to say:

Each week you never know if your job will be lost. Will the show be canceled? Will the audience hate your character and you get fired? Will you ever get another job if you do get fired? I remember on my first movie, I thought I knew everything. I had been working for a decade and breezed into work, excited about this new challenge. I think it was day 3 on the movie when I was told I had to f**k the lead actor in the movie or I would lose my job. The thing is I had known this actor for a long time. Apparently he is the one who had me cast in the movie and now was payback time. I didn’t know he cast me. I didn’t know he liked me like that.

My network show I had been on just ended. I had nothing lined up but this movie and a crap movie someone talked me into doing. I needed this paycheck. I did it. I slept with the guy. I have hated him since. I have never seen anything he has done. He is a f**ker who took advantage of the situation. I had known him almost my whole life but he was willing to have me fired unless I had sex with him….

Of course they do

I was with a video editor on a film, I noticed that the close-up shot giving to a particular actress was more than what you would espect from a newcomer, when veteran in the movie didn't have it much. So I ask the guy what happened, he said maybe she had pay her dues.

Source: yousound

(1) (Reply)

Banky W: I Bagged Myself Good Man Not Money Bag – Adesua Blasts Fan / Efe Ejeba Visit Former House! / Who Is The Richest Man In Africa ? __ { Ans From Www.moremusic.com.ng}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.