Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Www.sabiguy..com: This Might Be The Shortest Review I Have Ever Done. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Www.sabiguy..com: This Might Be The Shortest Review I Have Ever Done. (590 Views)

Learning Web Design In The Shortest Possible Time / Change Your Blog Domain From ..com To .com Or .net In A Jiffy / Who All Gets Paid From Advertopia.com This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Www.sabiguy..com: This Might Be The Shortest Review I Have Ever Done. by Copycracker(m): 11:52am On May 10, 2017
Okay... unless you're a celebrity or you have some unique, interesting angle to your life, don't venture into the personal journal blogging space.

Just.

Don't.

Because let's face facts. Unless the person is well known or has crazy stories, we really don't care about his or her life. For real, we really don't.

But sabiguy, you went into the personal journal blogging space... a space where angels fear to tread.

Let's see how well you've done it.

[I'm just going to ramble on all the issues in one go, instead of splitting them into sections, and you should understand why]

I don't really think there's much of a Design here.

Cos if I try to go in and talk about your design like say it's bland, doesn't sparkle, etc, it won't help you. Just know this- YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR DESIGN. And there really isn't much of a layout either, but I'll talk about what I can see.

(i) Your Site Title- overSABI GUY BLOG

I feel if you were in a different niche, that might actually work for you.

Like, if you were writing crazy stories about how guys get out of problematic situations in Nigeria, or get away with cheating on their girlfriends or something along that line, then maybe... just maybe it might actually work (obviously depending on how great your content is)

Oga, Bet why you capitalize the Site Title like that?

It doesn't add any flair to the Site Title. Actually, none at all. You could as well have written "OverSabi Guy Blog" and it would have been the same thing. And seriously, why is Blog in the site title.

It already looks like a blog. You don't have to tell us it's a blog again.

Okay?

Good

(ii) Your tagline

There's a real mismatch between your tagline and your blog content.

You say it's a "Journal Of A Typical Nigerian overSabi Guy" but looking at your content, you're just talking about random things.

The "Whistle Blower" post by Class Captain is the only one that seems a bit more like the type of content we would expect when we see a tagline like yours.

From the way you wrote your tagline, I'd expect that you'd be telling us interesting (maybe crazy) stories that may have happened to you, or your friends and how you got out or into it by being an "oversabi guy".

So if "whitening the teeth in 30 minutes" cannot be woven into an interesting story about being an oversabi guy, please leave it alone.

(iii) On a second thought, I think if you want to have articles like the teeth whitening one, you might want to have it in a Lifestyle Category, then the article about Julius Aghahowa would go under sports, and you could have categories like Money, Fashion, etcetera shmetcetera.

(iv) Where is your primary navigation menu? shocked angry

I don't see a navigation menu that can take me to different parts of your site. How do I get around?

There's a reason why primary navigation menus exist- so that us your users don't get lost, aren't confused and don't have to keep going back to type your URL into the browser every time we want to go back to your home page.

See what I'm saying?

You absolutely need to create one.

(v) Your Right sidebar

No categories

No recent posts

No popular posts

All I see is a subscribe button. Like really?

Why would we want to subscribe?

What are you offering us when we do?

These are things you need to think about. Are you saying "Subscribe to this blog and never miss one of our crazy stories/ lifestyle tips" ?

People don't just subscribe for "subscribing-sake", there has to be something they get in return for giving you their email address.

And I won't even bring up your non-existent footer section.

To be honest, you didn't give me much to work with. Your blog is still scanty, as it is.

Here's the summary of what to do:

* Figure out your niche. What do you want to write about? Who is your target audience? Do you want to be the Nigerian Tucker Max or like another Naked Convos type of site?

* Create a tagline that matches with what you want to write about.

* Create a primary navigation menu.

* Work on that right side bar (Search bar, Recent Posts, Popular posts, Categories, Archives)

* Social media buttons and accounts

* Create content, or find people who can create the type of content you need.

* Think about how you want to make money from the blog- Do you want to write a book or ?

* Upgrade your design!!!

Okay, that about wraps it up. Hope this helps.

Happy Hustling!
Re: Www.sabiguy..com: This Might Be The Shortest Review I Have Ever Done. by Emmysky(m): 12:14pm On May 10, 2017
Man, You're strict
Re: Www.sabiguy..com: This Might Be The Shortest Review I Have Ever Done. by busybrain123(m): 3:33pm On May 10, 2017
Copycracker:
Okay... unless you're a celebrity or you have some unique, interesting angle to your life, don't venture into the personal journal blogging space.

Just.

Don't.

Because let's face facts. Unless the person is well known or has crazy stories, we really don't care about his or her life. For real, we really don't.

But sabiguy, you went into the personal journal blogging space... a space where angels fear to tread.

Let's see how well you've done it.

[I'm just going to ramble on all the issues in one go, instead of splitting them into sections, and you should understand why]

I don't really think there's much of a Design here.

Cos if I try to go in and talk about your design like say it's bland, doesn't sparkle, etc, it won't help you. Just know this- YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR DESIGN. And there really isn't much of a layout either, but I'll talk about what I can see.

(i) Your Site Title- overSABI GUY BLOG

I feel if you were in a different niche, that might actually work for you.

Like, if you were writing crazy stories about how guys get out of problematic situations in Nigeria, or get away with cheating on their girlfriends or something along that line, then maybe... just maybe it might actually work (obviously depending on how great your content is)

Oga, Bet why you capitalize the Site Title like that?

It doesn't add any flair to the Site Title. Actually, none at all. You could as well have written "OverSabi Guy Blog" and it would have been the same thing. And seriously, why is Blog in the site title.

It already looks like a blog. You don't have to tell us it's a blog again.

Okay?

Good

(ii) Your tagline

There's a real mismatch between your tagline and your blog content.

You say it's a "Journal Of A Typical Nigerian overSabi Guy" but looking at your content, you're just talking about random things.

The "Whistle Blower" post by Class Captain is the only one that seems a bit more like the type of content we would expect when we see a tagline like yours.

From the way you wrote your tagline, I'd expect that you'd be telling us interesting (maybe crazy) stories that may have happened to you, or your friends and how you got out or into it by being an "oversabi guy".

So if "whitening the teeth in 30 minutes" cannot be woven into an interesting story about being an oversabi guy, please leave it alone.

(iii) On a second thought, I think if you want to have articles like the teeth whitening one, you might want to have it in a Lifestyle Category, then the article about Julius Aghahowa would go under sports, and you could have categories like Money, Fashion, etcetera shmetcetera.

(iv) Where is your primary navigation menu? shocked angry

I don't see a navigation menu that can take me to different parts of your site. How do I get around?

There's a reason why primary navigation menus exist- so that us your users don't get lost, aren't confused and don't have to keep going back to type your URL into the browser every time we want to go back to your home page.

See what I'm saying?

You absolutely need to create one.

(v) Your Right sidebar

No categories

No recent posts

No popular posts

All I see is a subscribe button. Like really?

Why would we want to subscribe?

What are you offering us when we do?

These are things you need to think about. Are you saying "Subscribe to this blog and never miss one of our crazy stories/ lifestyle tips" ?

People don't just subscribe for "subscribing-sake", there has to be something they get in return for giving you their email address.

And I won't even bring up your non-existent footer section.

To be honest, you didn't give me much to work with. Your blog is still scanty, as it is.

Here's the summary of what to do:

* Figure out your niche. What do you want to write about? Who is your target audience? Do you want to be the Nigerian Tucker Max or like another Naked Convos type of site?

* Create a tagline that matches with what you want to write about.

* Create a primary navigation menu.

* Work on that right side bar (Search bar, Recent Posts, Popular posts, Categories, Archives)

* Social media buttons and accounts

* Create content, or find people who can create the type of content you need.

* Think about how you want to make money from the blog- Do you want to write a book or ?

* Upgrade your design!!!

Okay, that about wraps it up. Hope this helps.

Happy Hustling!
Bro please I need you to review my own blog for me
www.mytechmore..com
Re: Www.sabiguy..com: This Might Be The Shortest Review I Have Ever Done. by Copycracker(m): 3:37pm On May 10, 2017
Oga, no problem... but there's already a queue (see here https://www.nairaland.com/3765331/post-website-blog-here-get) so you might have to wait for a while... byt I'll get to it as soon as possible.

busybrain123:

Bro please I need you to review my own blog for me
www.mytechmore..com
Re: Www.sabiguy..com: This Might Be The Shortest Review I Have Ever Done. by busybrain123(m): 3:40pm On May 10, 2017
Copycracker:
Oga, no problem... but there's already a queue (see here https://www.nairaland.com/3765331/post-website-blog-here-get) so you might have to wait for a while... byt I'll get to it as soon as possible.

Ok boss...

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed / . / Working On A Car Rental Website And Needs PHP Scripts That Will Do The Following

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.