Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! (5897 Views)

Senator Blames Jonathan For Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips / Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall / Fashola Blames Jonathan For Lekki-ikoyi Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Beaf: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2010
sjeezy8:

Obsanjo is a differnt breed and learned his lesson when they threw him in jail. After Obasanjo got out he played by the norths rules for a while but then switched around on them retired their army generals replaced them with southerners-, replaced the CBN with a southerner, Made sharia in the north when they want it for the whole country. Obasanjo did everything the North wanted him not to do by replacing top Northern officials with southerners.

I mean Obasanjo has learned alot unlike Jonothan who is still "fresh" who knows he may still be getting advise from obasanjo on how to lay low. for Now

So i dont really fault him now that i think about it.

Don't you think Jonathan is learning now? Remember the same Obj almost absconded when he had to take over after Murtala's death.
I'm very sure that if Goodluck Jonathan gets in, the likes of Aondoakaa that seems so untouchable would be decimated. Same would go for Yar Adua's kitchen cabinet, Ibori etc. No man takes this sort of mauling only to wear the toga and be "quiet".
Also, don't forget that Jonathan and Obj are allies.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by SapeleGuy: 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2010
First thing, Gbawe - your headline is different from the actual this day headline.

This is a constitutional matter, please examine the constitution to see the necessary provisions. I believe Duke has been misquoted. The answer to this issue lies with our legislators who are burying their heads in the sand.

Please tell us how Goodluck can effectively assume power with out the respective houses doing their job, first.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2010
Most deputies are treated like s h i t by their boss and i think goodluck is really finding himself in a tight situation.atiku fell out with obj when he was trying to play his role effectively thereby threathening obj.most leader feel unsafe by the growing dominance of their vice.there is absolutely nothing jonathan can do in this type of situation than his siddon and look attitude since he has always been scheme out in the events ot things in the p villa.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Pharoh: 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother , I cannot speak for those in Nigerian but I can confirm that I will be involved in the "save Nigeria protest" in London (see below) .

.http://nigerialibertyforum.org.uk/eventpage.php

There are protest also in nigeria and other major cities in the world you can check it here

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2596:save-nigeria-protest-london-new-york-australia-abuja&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=67

Signatories to the communiqué are

Dr Tunde Bakare, Professor Pat Utomi, Alhaji Shetima Yerima, Mr Femi Falana, Mr Osita Okechukwu , Mr Solomon Asemota Mallam Salihu Lukman, Mr Yinka Odumakin, Mrs Ayo Obe, Dr Tunji Abayomi, Pastor Sarah Omaku, Mr Adeolu Akinyemi, Mr Fred Agbeyegbe, Hon Olawale Oshun, Mrs Morayo Fawehinmi, Biodun Sowunmi, Dr Joe Okei- Odunmakin , Debo Adeniran, Reverend Tayo Popoola, Alfred Ilenre, Pastor Sam Aiyedogbon, Prince Oye Oyewunmi, Mallam Uba Sanni, Prof Ropo Sekoni, Mr Babafemi Ojudu, Naseer Kura , Ahmed Mustapha, Benedict Ezeagwu , Dipo Famakinwa, Malam Yinusa Tanko, Bisi Adegbuyi, Mr Jimi Agbaje, Barrister M.M Soba, Rev Segun Oshinaga, Wilson Ajuwa, Achike Chude, Olasupo ojo, Nana Dawodu, Eniola Opeyemi, Mike Igini, Funmi Olunuga, Afolabi Gbajumo, Tony Nnadi, Tola Ayo-Adeyemi , Chike Maduegbuna, Yinka Quadri, Modupe Oyekunle, Keji Ajayi, Christian Love

London

Friday 15 January 2010 - London12 pm – 15:15 arrival and protest at Parliament Square SW1P315:15 – 17:30 protest moves to Nigerian High Commission (WC2N 5BX)

If possible bring your flags, placards and come dressed in the Nigerian colours of green and white. Organisers will also provide banners and placards on the day.

For further information please contact:Phone: 07984212553

Email: info@nigerialibertyforum.org.uk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Web: http://www.nigerianlibertyf

Key point for Protest:

Where is Musa Yar'Adua
Nigerians are no terrorists
Stop the criminalisations of Nigerians,
Fight against corruption
and add as you may wish

Australia!
Australian protest: Nigerian High Commission, Canberra. 26 Guilfoyle Street, Yarralumla, ACT 2600
Ph: +61 2 6282 7411. Time: 12 PM. Tuesday 12th January 2010. Contact Abiola Falayajo Jr. abifas@,  for more details.

Abuja

Tuesday 12th January 2010

Hoping to break the power vacuum and constitutional gridlock in the country, a new group of patriotic Nigerians will next week embark on major streets protests in Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, London and New York to protest Umaru Yar'Adua's refusal to hand power over to his deputy before he was evacuated abroad on medical grounds as determined by the constitution. 

IMO the  protest should focus more on the absence of the president and his failure to hand over to his deputy so that the national assembly and FEC will look into the constitution and do the right thing about this present situation.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Gbawe: 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2010
naijamini:

I think you may be right here. DD is angling to be the next vice president. With this statement he is actually showing that he prefers playing to the streets than to the constitution. VP Jonathan has played the cards that were dealt him well. He seems to be the main arm of the Obasanjo group that President Yar'adua could not get rid of, so they made him rather ineffective. The goons in the current administration have done their very best to make him slip-up during this whole saga. I mean people were calling for his resignation like he was the one who threw the nation into a crisis. Others were encouraging him to act unconstitutionally to get the excuse they need to kick both him and Yar'adua out at the same time. So far he has maintained a well-balanced response to this whole mess.

Whether the VP will make a good president or not is not the issue here. The issue is whether when the constitution virtually makes a person from the oil regions the next president, even if only for two years, the powers that be would allow it.

Mark my words, if Yar'adua is truely incapacitated and the VP is not allowed to fulfill the constitutional role assigned to him, the oil regions is going to become a powder-keg that will eventually consume Nigeria. A few years hence there will be no Nigeria.

As for the issue of the CJN it turns out that the retiring CJN had the right to administer the oath to the incoming CJN. For evidence follow this link: http://www.nigeriaanew.org/forum/index.php/topic,58.0.html

Not true and a logic-defying notion IMO. I think Duke has been driven by patriotism to say what he has said. Everybody knows how vengeful the cabal around Yar Adua are . Just ask Kingibe !!!! In fact those who should act or speak (Bankole, Mark, et al) cannot do so because they fear they will be finished if , contrary to popular opinion , Yar Adua actually returns to power. That is what is creating the impasse we see right now . Can we not see all the weak ,compromised and cowardly politicians , to include the VP himself , lying that they spoke to Yar Adua as part of a deceptive scheme to keep Yar Adua President at all cost !!!

The only folks speaking against Yar Adua and Aondoakaa are mainly the patriotic Nigerians who are not afraid and those who are not beneficiaries of the corrupt Yar Adua government. Duke has done his immediate career a big disservice asking Jonathan to stand up for himself when a very powerful cabal have done everything to keep Jonathan out. Duke is a very intelligent chap . He will have realised that to speak in favour of Jonathan taking charge is to offend the powerful cabal insistent on keeping Yardy in charge by all means. He went ahead anyway. Spin it how you want but that is the type of action Gani Fawehinmi would be proud of.

When the G53 initially asked Yar Adua to hand over to Jonathan, it was alleged that some of the Northerners amongst them were actually targeted for assasination by pro Yar Adua groups !!!! There is therefore no way Duke's utterances will move him close to the VP position.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Gbawe: 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2010
SapeleGuy:

First thing, Gbawe - your headline is different from the actual this day headline.

Thank you for admitting that it is my headline. I trust you will also admit that , as long as I don't mislead , I am not obliged to quote my source's headline verbatim as my thread topic. It is clear that Duke is implying that Jonathan is a weak VP.

This is a constitutional matter, please examine the constitution to see the necessary provisions. I believe Duke has been misquoted. The answer to this issue lies with our legislators who are burying their heads in the sand.

Duke has not asked anyone to act outside the provisions of the constitution . He has simply asked the second most powerful Nigerian , in the absence of the most powerful Nigerian, to fulfil the obligations of his office by the powers vested in him as the deputy to the President.

“Decisions are being taken but they are selective. In the situation that occurred on December 25, 2009, the vice president ought, immediately to have sought audience with the US ambassador and the vice president of the United States. This would have commenced the process of engagement but we sit back and do nothing.

Please tell us how Goodluck can effectively assume power with out the respective houses doing their job, first.

Once again, you should realise that Duke is only asking Jonathan to act within his power !!! Did Duke ask Jonathan to swear in the CJN? Did he ask our VP to sign the budget? Is he asking Jonathan to now conduct the pending swearing in of Ministry Permanent Secretaries ? Is it not inane for anyone to assume that Jonathan , as the most authoritative voice in Nigeria today , cannot even call the American President to explain our perspective?

Is it not clear that Duke is asking Jonathan, in the absence of Yar Adua , to do what the office of the VP enables him to do?

He blamed Vice President Goodluck for not exercising the authority of his office as the man who should naturally take control in the absence of the President, irrespective of any formality being alluded to by some government officials. “Vice President Goodluck Jonathan’s position confuses me because his duty is to stand in the gap when the President is unavailable but he says he is waiting for a letter. What if something happens and the President loses consciousness and cannot read nor write? This letter business is a courtesy and formality to the National Assembly…The issue of stepping-in does not arise because as vice president, he is already in,” he said.

Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by naijamini(m): 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2010
I never said that DD is not patriotic or shap. He was one of the "best" governors in the past administration despite the fact that his most popular achievement was an uncompleted ranch for the rich. While you might be right that he is actually distancing himself from the presidency with this statement, that is only because we know the next leader is unlikely to be chosen on merit. Those who have spoken against Yar'adua over this incident may be right to call for his resignation. However some of them are simply trying to get in on the act - not that there is anything wrong with that, just that we need to be aware of it.

If DD was so focused on rescuing Nigeria he would have taken the time to actually read what the constitution/oath act said about the CJN oath, rather than follow street talk. Perhaps VP Jonathan could have put on a better show without appearing to grab Yar'adua's powers. I think he erred on the side of caution a little too much, but overall he has played this deadly game carefully so far.

I still think that if DD were VP he would not do what he is recommending to VP Jonathan, because that would be his funeral, figuratively speaking. The power play in Nigeria is full blown, and DD is angling for the next VP slot, in my opinion. Let me say that he might make a better VP than VP Jonathan so don't get me wrong, but if he plans to follow his own recommendation he will not last long.

Gbawe:

Not true and a logic-defying notion IMO. I think Duke has been driven by patriotism to say what he has said. Everybody knows how vengeful the cabal around Yar Adua are . Just ask Kingibe !!!! In fact those who should act or speak (Bankole, Mark, et al) cannot do so because they fear they will be finished if , contrary to popular opinion , Yar Adua actually returns to power. That is what is creating the impasse we see right now . Can we not see all the weak ,compromised and cowardly politicians , to include the VP himself , lying that they spoke to Yar Adua as part of a deceptive scheme to keep Yar Adua President at all cost !!!

The only folks speaking against Yar Adua and Aondoakaa are mainly the patriotic Nigerians who are not afraid and those who are not beneficiaries of the corrupt Yar Adua government. Duke has done his immediate career a big disservice asking Jonathan to stand up for himself when a very powerful cabal have done everything to keep Jonathan out. Duke is a very intelligent chap . He will have realised that to speak in favour of Jonathan taking charge is to offend the powerful cabal insistent on keeping Yardy in charge by all means. He went ahead anyway. Spin it how you want but that is the type of action Gani Fawehinmi would be proud of.

When the G53 initially asked Yar Adua to hand over to Jonathan, it was alleged that some of the Northerners amongst them were actually targeted for assasination by pro Yar Adua groups !!!! There is therefore no way Duke's utterances will move him close to the VP position.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Beaf: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2010
gbawe: Once again, you should realise that Duke is only asking Jonathan to act within his power !!! Did Duke ask Jonathan to swear in the CJN? Did he ask our VP to sign the budget? Is he asking Jonathan to now conduct the pending swearing in of Ministry Permanent Secretaries ? Is it not inane for anyone to assume that Jonathan , as the most authoritative voice in Nigeria today , cannot even call the American President to explain our perspective?

And when he has called the US president, how will he get any plans they make into action? How would he get around Aondoakaa, Bankole and David Mark? What would be his mandate without executive power?
You need to stop blaming the wrong man. Each of us should go out there and do our bit instead of looking for sacrificial lambs.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by CrudeOil2(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2010
Duke is a very intelligent man. Visionaries like him are usually not allowed to be leaders in Nigeria.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Gbawe: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2010
naijamini:

I never said that DD is not patriotic or shap. He was one of the "best" governors in the past administration despite the fact that his most popular achievement was an uncompleted ranch for the rich. While you might be right that he is actually distancing himself from the presidency with his statement that is only because we know the next leader is unlikely to be chosen on merit. Those who have spoken against Yar'adua since this whole incident began may be right to call for his resignation. However some of them are simply trying to get in on the act - not that there is anything wrong with that, just that we need to be aware of it.

If DD was so focused on rescuing Nigeria he would have taken the time to actually read what the constitution/oath act said about the CJN oath, rather than follow street talk. Perhaps VP Jonathan could have put on a better show without appearing to grab Yar'adua's powers. I think he erred on the side of caution a little too much, but overall he has played this deadly game carefully so far.

I still think that if DD were VP he would not do what he is recommending to VP Jonathan, because that would be his funeral, figuratively speaking. The power play in Nigeria is full blown, and DD is angling for the next VP slot, in my opinion. Let me say that he might actually make a better VP than VP Jonathan so don't get me wrong, but if he actually plans to follow his own recommendation he will not last long.

Even as I don't agree with you , I have to commend your intelligent and well structured debate. If Duke were VP he would do exactly what he is asking Jonathan to do. This is why Duke , Ken Nnamani (former senate President) and others like them where schemed out of reckoning for roles in the Yar Adua government by OBJ and other Kingmakers. The likes of Duke have their own mind and they would be difficult to control. Do you not wonder why there is no place for PDP achievers like Duke in the Yar Adua Government ?

Let us tell ourselves the basic truth. I have always insisted that , at this stage , virtually all Nigerian politicians are corrupt. It is the system. What we must pragmatically look for are 'enablers' who will facilitate national progress alongside their 'shennanigans'. Jonathan and Yar Adua are not in that mould. Duke, Nnamani and Fashola are .The likes of Yar Adua and Jonathan will aid the cabals 100% to the detriment of Nigeria. Yar Adua , for example , will not dare to contemplate the deregulation of the power sector because he is a hostage to the diesel and generator mafia !!!!  Do you now get my drift? I.e whatever cross Duke has to bear, he will still do things that will improve Nigeria if he is ever in a position to do so  . Fashola is bearing his own cross (Tinubu) with pragmatism while he continues to be an enabler who is delivering.

I do not believe DD is a hypocrite . I don't think Duke is telling Jonathan to do what he will not do if similarly placed.

As regards the constitution, please read the article again to note that Duke is not asking Jonathan to defy the constitution or usurp Yar Adua's powers. He is only asking Jonathan to be an effective deputy rather than a totally invisible and impotent Vice President
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by ochukoccna: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2010
SapeleGuy:

[size=28pt]This is a constitutional matter, please examine the constitution to see the necessary provisions. The answer to this issue lies with our legislators who are burying their heads in the sand. Please tell us how Goodluck can effectively assume power with out the respective houses doing their job, first.[/size]
I couldn't have said it better myself. Jonathan can only be sworn in if the FEC or National Houses of Assembly declare Yaradua invalid and incompetent to lead 9ja. Have they?
[2] We forget [so sadly] that Jonathan has no power base and is in effect useless politically for now. I laugh when people in replying use America [which has strong checks and balances] as a comparison.
[3] If Jonathan forcefully demands to be installed , he would have been eliminated.m He knows he will be president so why rush? What is going on now is the horse trading as to who will be his deputy.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by princekevo(m): 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2010
This is a constitutional matter, please examine the constitution to see the necessary provisions. The answer to this issue lies with our legislators who are burying their heads in the sand. Please tell us how Goodluck can effectively assume power with out the respective houses doing their job, first.

Oh c'mon, what constitution? The one that has been made as useless as an outdated nursery school text book.
I cant believe any Nigerian would be talking abt a constitution as regards to Jonathan taking over an authority(position) that constitutionally belongs to him, but denied. Do you understand the word "power vacume"? That is exactly what intelligent people around the world see Nigerian situation to be. Tell me in that your constitution  a provision made for such.

We need to tell ourselves the truth Jonathan has failed us as the true son of ND, he has no single clue what politics is all abt, not even Nigerian dirtiest politic. If he ever think someday they will tap him up from his slumber to constitutionaly give him the power, then he must be dreaming.
In politic you fight and lobby for power , u dont sit down and wait them gets to u. I wonder how yaradull on his sick bed, with Turia all the way from Saudi Arabia, lobbying the senate and the FEC to hold on power for her husband. Our brother in Nigeria who could have the support of 100million Nigerians can not do anything. Probably he is scared of being dismissed if he make any drastic step and fail. That is jst the simple reason why cowards die many times b4 their real death, and why many destined to be at the top ended dying as follow follow, becoz they are afriad to take a bold step.

Why do you think ObJ accused Atiku of Corruption? Why do you think Tabo mbeki accused Zuma of corruption? Today is the same Zuma not the President of S.A or do you think if OBJ mistakenly fell sick for 49days outside Nigeria Atiku would fold his arms waiting for his return to take over power.

Tml we start complaining tht the North is holding on to power since independence as if they tied our hands and legs from assuming power. whereas, is all about our cowardice and foolishness. I am very sure that if the president was to be a SS with a northern vice, they would have manupulated every thing and took over power for weeks.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by adconline(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2010
Jonathan is really a toothless bulldog. Gowon assumed the mantle of leadership when Ogundipe was the most senior officer, because there was a power vacuum. Even with OBJ's toughness, Atiku was able to make himself very powerful and visible. Why is Atttorney General more visible and powerful  than the VP? If OBJ who  was more ruthless , powerful and exprienced than Yar'dua could not remove Atiku, why do you think that Jonathan will be easily removed. It's only the NASS that can impeach Jonathan. He's not an appointee of the President. He was on "ticket" with Yar'dua
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2010
princekevo:

In politic you fight and lobby for power , u dont sit down and wait them gets to u.
I wonder how yaradull on his sick bed, with Turia all the way from Saudi Arabia, lobbying the senate and the FEC to hold on power for his husband. Our brother in Nigeria who could have in support of 100million Nigerians can not do anything. Probably he is scared of being dismissed if he make any drastic step and fail. That is jst the simple why cowards die many times b4 their real death, and why many destined to be at the top ended dying as follow follow, becoz there afriad to take a bold step.

Why do you think ObJ accused Atiku of Corruption? Why do you think Tabo mbeki accused Zuma of corruption? Today is the same Zuma not the President of S.A or do you think if OBJ mistakenly fell sick for 49days outside Nigeria Atiku would fold his arms waiting for him his return to take over power.

Tml we start complaining tht the North has hold on to power since independence as if they tied our hands and legs from assuming power. whereas, is all about our cowardice and foolishness. I am very sure that if the president was to be a SS with a northern vice, they would have manupulated every thing and took over power for weeks.

adconline:

Jonathan is really a toothless bulldog. Gowon assumed the mantle of leadership when Ogundipe was the most senior officer, because there was a power vacuum. Even with OBJ's toughness, Atiku was able to make himself very powerful and visible. Why is Atttorney General more visible and powerful  than the VP? If OBJ who  was more ruthless , powerful and exprienced than Yar'dua could not remove Atiku, why do you think that Jonathan will be easily removed. It's only the NASS that can impeach Jonathan. He's not an appointee of the President. He was on "ticket" with Yar'dua

thank you!
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Mekusxyz: 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2010
Goodluck J. should seal his lips even tighter. No comments until he assumes the position. Na small small dey dey take lick hot okoro soup. Nigeria is a piping hot okro soup when the issue is about an Igbo or Niger Delta person.

Now who was talking about MKO who ran away like a chicken and declared himself president of Nigeria in a foreign country? I beg MKO does not deserve a mention as a brave man. He got legit votes unlike Yardy and Goodluck, and instead of showing appreciation for those of who voted for him, by standing solidly behind all the selfless protesters, he ducked.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by OAM4J: 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2010
Gbawe:

Even as I don't agree with you , I have to commend your intelligent and well structured debate. If Duke were VP he would do exactly what he is asking Jonathan to do. This is why Duke , Ken Nnamani (former senate President) and others like them where schemed out of reckoning for roles in the Yar Adua government by OBJ and other Kingmakers. The likes of Duke have their own mind and they would be difficult to control. Do you not wonder why there is no place for PDP achievers like Duke in the Yar Adua Government ?

Let us tell ourselves the basic truth. I have always insisted that , at this stage , virtually all Nigerian politicians are corrupt. It is the system. What we must pragmatically look for are 'enablers' who will facilitate national progress alongside their 'shennanigans'. Jonathan and Yar Adua are not in that mould. Duke, Nnamani and Fashola are .The likes of Yar Adua and Jonathan will aid the cabals 100% to the detriment of Nigeria. Yar Adua , for example , will not dare to contemplate the deregulation of the power sector because he is a hostage to the diesel and generator mafia !!!!  Do you now get my drift? I.e whatever cross Duke has to bear, he will still do things that will improve Nigeria if he is ever in a position to do so  . Fashola is bearing his own cross (Tinubu) with pragmatism while he continues to be an enabler who is delivering.

I do not believe DD is a hypocrite . I don't think Duke is telling Jonathan to do what he will not do if similarly placed.

As regards the constitution, please read the article again to note that Duke is not asking Jonathan to defy the constitution or usurp Yar Adua's powers. He is only asking Jonathan to be an effective deputy rather than a totally invisible and impotent Vice President

Exactly!!!

adconline:

Thank you.

princekevo:

Oh c'mon, what constitution? The one that has been made as useless as an outdated nursery school text book.
I cant believe any Nigerian would be talking abt a constitution as regards to Jonathan taking over an authority(position) that constitutionally belongs to him, but denied. Do you understand the word "power vacume"? That is exactly what intelligent people around the world see Nigerian situation to be. Tell me in that your constitution a provision mad for such.

We need to tell ourselves the truth Jonathan has failed us as the true son of ND, he has no single clue what politics is all abt, not even Nigerian dirtiest politic. If he ever think someday they will tap him up from his slumber to constitutionaly give him the power, then he must be dreaming.
In politic you fight and lobby for power , u dont sit down and wait them gets to u. I wonder how yaradull on his sick bed, with Turia all the way from Saudi Arabia, lobbying the senate and the FEC to hold on power for his husband. Our brother in Nigeria who could have in support of 100million Nigerians can not do anything. Probably he is scared of being dismissed if he make any drastic step and fail. That is jst the simple why cowards die many times b4 their real death, and why many destined to be at the top ended dying as follow follow, becoz there afriad to take a bold step.

Why do you think ObJ accused Atiku of Corruption? Why do you think Tabo mbeki accused Zuma of corruption? Today is the same Zuma not the President of S.A or do you think if OBJ mistakenly fell sick for 49days outside Nigeria Atiku would fold his arms waiting for him his return to take over power.

Tml we start complaining tht the North has hold on to power since independence as if they tied our hands and legs from assuming power. whereas, is all about our cowardice and foolishness. I am very sure that if the president was to be a SS with a northern vice, they would have manupulated every thing and took over power for weeks.

totally agree with u!

The only gross I have with the likes of DD, the elites and Civil society groups is that they are are waking up a bit late.
All these noises and demonstrations should have started long before now.

But I am most disappointed in NANS and the Labour Unions. Like Beaf said, during June12 crisis, students fought IBB and to a stand still and Abacha to a large extent.
but today NANS and labour unions have become corrupt and totally spineless.

Lets us join the current struggle and demonstration 'save Nigeria' as much as we can
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by adconline(m): 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2010
In politics, the voice of the VP is much more assuring than that of Akunyili and Atty General. America would take VP's opinion far more seriously than all these  mouth pieces. I have not heard anything from Jonathan ever since this Mutallab went on a suicide mission.
" The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in  times of comfort, but where he stands in times of adversity" This man is not a leader.

As for folks saying that people  should rally behind him, this Jonathan has not earned the equity for  folks to support him. He's the one who should rally up the people to support him. Maybe he should hire Mrs Virgy Etiaba, Deputy Governor of Anambra State who took the mantle of leadership when her boss Peter Obi was put out of power to tell him how to do it.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by SapeleGuy: 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2010
I maintain that Donald Duke's words have been misrepresented. Bearing in mind, he stepped aside for Yaradua in the early stages of the presidential selection process, he is in no position to criticise Goodluck

The game that is been played out is very simple. They want to Pressure Goodluck to make an illegal move and then have him impeached, that is why our legislators have been playing 'see no evil, hear no evil'.

Fortunately time has run out for our legislators, they have to act within the next 7 days.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by bkbaybe99: 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2010
Hahahahaha!I laugh in Brooklyn gangsta slangs! Lol. Is it just me, or do I KNOW that a bucha monkeys, zebras, and billy goats chosen from the Bronx zoo would do a better job ruling that shi.t hole yall call a country!lol. I say the United States invades and takes over that disappointment of a nation. Furthermore, I suggest the U.S, to show u guys how inept you are in the art of governance, selects ex members of the Crips, Bloods, Nietas, Latin Kings and Queens, Vice Lords, Baby Gangstas, Rolling Sixes ect as administrators ova that hell hole?my point? My point is uneducated ex cons,former drug dealers, pimps and murderers, will do a better job in running and developing that rat abode than ur present crop of 'politicians'!!! Yeah, g'ahead insult me, but I'm not the one from the land of the invinsible president.lol.losers!
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Gbawe: 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2010
adconline:

In politics, the voice of the VP is much more assuring than that of Akunyili and Atty General. America would take VP's opinion far more seriously than all these mouth pieces. I have not heard anything from Jonathan ever since this Mutallab went on a suicide mission.
" The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort, but where he stands in times of adversity" This man is not a leader.

As for folks saying that people should rally behind him, this Jonathan has not earned the equity for folks to support him. He's the one who should rally up the people to support him. Maybe he should hire Mrs Virgy Etiaba, Deputy Governor of Anambra State who took the mantle of leadership when her boss Peter Obi was put out of power to tell him how to do it.

Everything you wrote above is spot on and this , below, is the 'piece de resistance' :

" The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort, but where he stands in times of adversity" This man is not a leader.

The greatest leaders the world has seen , like Winston Churchill, became great because of how they rose to the challenge when their nation faced great adversity. There is no positive spin that can be propagated for Jonathan's pathetic and wimpish display in the face of a serious national crisis that requires decisive and authoritative leadership. As you stated before, Akunyili, Aondoakaa and others are actually more visible, audible and authoritative than the man who is supposed to be the second most powerful Nigerian alive !!!

From all we are seeing , those who are pragmatic can be excused for stating that Jonathan will be a disaster as President.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Tsiya(m): 12:04am On Jan 11, 2010
The guy is Mumu. Finnish

As the VP, he is the only person that have the moral authority to address the Nigerian Nation on anything, including making sure, the sick President get the best medical attention available in the world.

If he doesn't want to take over from the President, being loyal, and he has spine, he would have come out and tell us his stand, and make sure, the President did not rot in Saudi death Chamber. But what kind vice is this? He will sit down and some silly Special Adviser (who doesn't have any moral and legal authority to speak for the president and Nigeria, will be addressing.

The house, if they were good people, should have impeach of the duo and organise new election. Jonathan is just a dead maga
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Gbawe: 12:23am On Jan 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

I maintain that Donald Duke's words have been misrepresented. Bearing in mind, he stepped aside for Yaradua in the early stages of the presidential selection process, he is in no position to criticise Goodluck

The game that is been played out is very simple. They want to Pressure Goodluck to make an illegal move and then have him impeached, that is why our legislators have been playing 'see no evil, hear no evil'.

Fortunately time has run out for our legislators, they have to act within the next 7 days.

That is not true . He was forced to pull out of the race by the decietful uber "do-or-die" thug, OBJ. We all saw how the PDP Presidential primaries played out. Our former President knew he had a deal to hand over power to the North yet he decietfully let candidates like Duke think that they had a chance and that democratic merit would carry the day. Duke stood up to be counted. Blame undemocratic , pro-cabal and anti-people leaders like OBJ for how the best leaders were driven away to be replaced by mediocrities like Yar Adua and Jonathan.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by mamagee3(f): 12:25am On Jan 11, 2010
Who gives a rat as.s about Donald Duke? undecided
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Mekusxyz: 12:27am On Jan 11, 2010
Can Jonathan assume the presidency or acting presidency without a legislative input? Discerning minds want to know. Jonathan, please do not fall for this obvious photo trick. Siddon look well well until further notice.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Gbawe: 12:42am On Jan 11, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Can Jonathan assume the presidency or acting presidency without a legislative input? Discerning minds want to know. Jonathan, please do not fall for this obvious photo trick. Siddon look well well until further notice.

why do you guys keep presenting the same humdrum message over and over again? No one is asking Jonathan to carry out the duties reserved exclusively for the President!!! Duke is just telling him to behave in a manner befitting of the second most powerful Nigerian alive. Every job on Earth has clearly defined duties . Some of you should first find out what Jonathan is empowered to do to note that an intelligent and involved participant like Duke knows what he is saying when he asks jonathan to do more. It is insane for Nigerians to make out as if it is okay for us to just have a Vice President in name alone while the Attorney General of the nation goes around behaving like the actual President merely because he is in favour with the ruling cabal. It is a pathetic and disgraceful situation that is exposing Nigeria to international ridicule and opprobrium !!!

Duke is simply saying that Jonathan is too scared to even carry out functions his role as VP empowers him to do.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by mbulela: 1:03am On Jan 11, 2010
Gbawe:

therein lies our salvation.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by naijamini(m): 2:06am On Jan 11, 2010
Yes, I do agree that we cannot be all or nothing in finding Nigeria's next leader. DD is not a hypocrite, but rather may not factor the game that is going on in Aso Rock into his statements.

As someone said, the VP (and perhaps DD) does not have a political machinery of his own. This is what you may be missing in VP Jonathan's handling of this mess. It is worth repeating that he his caught in a DEADLY GAME.

People are talking about Atiku's behavior as VP, but forget that Atiku is actually a member of the cabal (may be a marginal member) that VP Jonathan is dealing with - the only reason he got away with remaining VP while fighting the President. Atiku is not a role model for how the VP should have handled this mess, along with OBJ, he partly responsible for this mess. I don't think Jonathan emerged as VP by being a "mumu" as some call him. That he may have compromised too much in the process and probably did not handle things as others would have preferred is not in question. However, if VP Jonathan had jumped to the front of the crowd immediately his boss went AWOL he would have tripped the trap that the goons set for him.

Mistakes may be, mumu no.

Gbawe:

Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by illusion2: 7:49pm On Jan 11, 2010
He's the bloody VICE PRESIDENT !!!!

Is it until one Major General arranges a coup ?? The man should consolidate himself & stop all these rubbish.

The Chief Justice took a stand & swore in his successor for the first time in the history of Nigeria,and the VP is waiting for a letter from Saudi Arabia?

He should start by calling in the IG & service chiefs, get their buy-in & fire the attorney general & Rilwanu immediately. We have wasted almost 2 months already? Which F$%% 'northern leader' is he waiting for?

The nat assembly was on xmas break,whats stopping him doing the needful,he's too weak if you ask me. . . .
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by DRCROSS: 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2010
I dont understand Naija,how can a president be out of the country and noboby knows his whereabout,this cant happen in advance world.Please i want someone to help me out , is Yar Adua dead or alive? because i want to know
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by DRCROSS: 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2010
illusion2, please dont call Goodluck a bloody vice president,the guy is trying his best because is not in his position to declare himself as president,we should all blem the federal council or what ever the call themself.But i only blem Goodluck for not confroting U.S vice president about Naija being black list as terrorist country
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by illusion2: 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2010
DR CROSS:

illusion2, please dont call Goodluck a bloody vice president,the guy is trying his best because is not in his position to declare himself as president,we should all blem the federal council or what ever the call themself.But i only blem Goodluck for not confroting U.S vice president about Naija being black list as terrorist country
My friend the VP of a country is expected to have some BALLS !!!
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2010
DR CROSS:

The man's best is staying completely MUTE when there is fire on the mountain, and our image is speeding down the toilet?? OH LORD HAVE MERCY!!! Roflmao!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre / Reps Revisit $1.1bn Malabu Oil Deal / Former Senate President David Mark On Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.