Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] (1720 Views)

Major Shake-up As 37 Nigerian Army Generals Redeployed / Nigerian Army Announces Major Shake-up, Top Generals Affected [full List] / Massive Shake Up In The Nigerian Army, 147 Officers Affected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by DONSMITH123(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2017
The Nigerian Army has embarked on some shakeups.

The development is contained in a statement issued by the Director Army Public Relations, DAPR, Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman.

According to the statement, the new postings were in a bid to re-strategise the Nigerian Army.

Following the shakeup, the army has posted 147 officers into Operation LAFIYA DOLE, some Divisions, formations and training schools.

The statement reads, “In a posting released by the Office of the Military Secretary (Army), last week, Major General RO Yusuf, Commander, Nigerian Army Ordnance Corps, is now the Commander Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), Minna, while Major General A Oyebade, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 1 Division Nigerian Army, will move to Army Headquarters as Chief of Logistics (COLOG), in the same vein, Major General AM Dikko has been posted from the Office of the National Security Adviser to 1 Division as GOC, while Major General I Attahiru is now the Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE.

“Major General LEO Irabor will now move to Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), as the Field Commander. Major General PJ Dauke has been posted from 3 Division to 81 Division as GOC and Brigadier General BI Ahanotu will be Acting GOC 3 Division.

“The erstwhile Registrar of the Nigerian Defence Academy, Brigadier General IM Yusuf will be the Acting GOC 7 Division and Brigadier General SO Olabanji, the Commandant of Amphibious Training School Calabar, is now the Acting GOC 8 Task Force Division. The GOC 81 Division, Major General EB Oyefolu, is now the Commander, Nigerian Army Training Centre (NATRAC), Kontagora, while Brigadier General MG Ali, has been moved to Nigerian Army Special Forces School Buni Yadi, as Commandant from NATRAC.

“Similarly, Brigadier General IM Obot is Brigade Commander 26 Task Force Brigade, while Brigadier General AO Quadri will move from the Office of the Chief of Army Staff to 25 Task Force Brigade as Commander.

“Also those affected in the new posting include some Commanders and Staff Officers at the Defence, Army Headquarters and Brigades.”

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/10/nigerian-army-undergoes-shake-new-commanders-appointed-full-list/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2017
angry
Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 10, 2017
Abeg...

It doesn't concern us..

I doubt any Igbo man's name is there.

The military is Hausa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by Mynd44: 4:48pm On May 10, 2017
Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by kurupt1: 4:51pm On May 10, 2017
I don check am,not even one southeast name or south south name

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by Aufbauh(m): 5:00pm On May 10, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Abeg...

It doesn't concern us..

I doubt any Igbo man's name is there.

The military is Hausa

If doesn't concern "us" as you alleged, why then are you looking out for "us" in the list with skepticism? Rather says am not disappointed.
Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by potent5(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2017
The reason for the reshuffle is not stated. I just hope it's not in preparation for anything like...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by EnkayDezign: 5:32pm On May 10, 2017
DONSMITH123:
while Major General A Oyebade, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 1 Division Nigerian Army, will move to Army Headquarters as Chief of Logistics (COLOG),

Congrats to Maj. General Oyebade, a veteran soldier, a gem in the Nigerian Army. I hope and pray that he becomes COAS someday. He has served Nigeria well, and his loyalty to this country remains unshaken. I came across an old video documentary of the Liberian civil war in which he appeared, fearless discussing with rebels. He was a captain then.

Given the opportunity, I would love to sit with him and talk about his days in ECOMOG.

See video below (20:04 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj4J4stR3QY

Twale sir!

Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by khallyberry: 5:40pm On May 10, 2017
nigeria army abi fulani army

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Undergoes Shake-up, New Commanders Appointed [FULL LIST] by madridguy(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2017
My name is missing on the list.

Cc: Nigeria Army

(1) (Reply)

A Funny Post By Some Guy On Biafra / Oduduwa Nation,The Power Of A Dream - Remi Oyeyemi / D Worst President Of Nigeria I Have Ever Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.