Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic (17135 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / Ekiti Election: Voters Receive Cash, Gifts From Politicians - The Nation (Pics) / Igwe Chuma Angus Ojukwu's Campaign Poster For Anambra Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by somcherry(f): 10:37pm On May 10, 2017
I thought the local government is in woliwo and not fegge.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by investnow2013: 10:46pm On May 10, 2017
INEC DEMANDS INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT IN ANAMBRA LGA BEFORE REGISTRATION

Below is a complaint by a Nigerian who went to register in the ongoing voter registration in Aguata, Anambra State..

"...On the 27th of April, 2016, the day the voter registration commenced, I went to the Aguata LGA registration unit (PU 04/01/09/005). The unit is at a remote location in Ekwuluobia, less than a kilometre from the local government headquarters (near an oil mill). As I arrived the centre, I saw a lot of young people hanging around and I asked if they were not registering. I was informed that INEC officials said: “they can't register because they were already over 18 years old at the point of the last registration and they did not register”. They can only register if they can prove that they weren’t around in the last registration exercise by providing a copy of their international passport. I found the demand strange. More strange was that this is the only option. I requested to see the Oga, I was told he went out. I waited! He came back after about an hour plus, and he arrogantly addressed the youth to go home and get their international passport (with visa stamps) as a proof if they want to register. I queried him, he insisted that this was order from above. Funny enough, I was following INEC twitter handle and pulled up the criteria for him to see.We both reviewed and he still insisted that they must produce their international passports, he even accused them of registering before and that they want to register again. I argued that he can’t do that; it is left for the system to flag up double registration since 10 finger thumbprint is needed to register. My argument made no sense to the INEC officials..." (Read more in the link)
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Adek15(m): 10:56pm On May 10, 2017
So Nigerians are still thinking of voting? Shouldn't we start thinking of boycotting elections in this country?
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Frankenstein: 11:30pm On May 10, 2017
In Awka, they just register 30 per day. The crowd that storms the INEC office each day exceeds 2000 people.

I wonder how they expect provide the PVC for everyone before November.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by malton: 11:44pm On May 10, 2017
That's unfortunate.

The resident electoral commissioner should be made to answer for this.

I did my own registration in Jos today. It went all smooth and hitch-free. Plus, it was fast too. There were more than a hundred people ahead of me when I arrived the inec registration center at around 11am. Despite the huge numbers, I was attended and issued my temporary voter's card at around 2:30pm. There were about 10-15 inec staff attending people. Although only about 6 of them were tasked with the registration proper.

Fast if you asked me. Yours might be a state issue.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Nobody: 12:16am On May 11, 2017
LiePoB people no come for the registration? Nonsense.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by kasheemawo(m): 4:50am On May 11, 2017
Biafra or no election cheesy
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Cozbymaster97(m): 6:26am On May 11, 2017
VAGABONDS IN POWER aka (VIP) in Fela's voice
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:55am On May 11, 2017
LOL and this people say they want biafra and are still participating in Nigeria election... hahah
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Chikeluba25(m): 7:11am On May 11, 2017
investnow2013:
@ ACHALLA AWKA SOUTH LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE
Ezinwannem Achalla is AWKA NORTH
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by buchilino(m): 7:13am On May 11, 2017
brunofarad:

Adannegi what you 're saying
Can you say that again ?
DON'T BOTHER REPLYING D CUCUMBER. ANYI BU NDIGBO MA KANU OFUMA.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by buchilino(m): 7:15am On May 11, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:
LOL and this people say they want biafra and are still participating in Nigeria election... hahah

YEAH, U WANT UR VEGETABLE MASTER TO PUT HIS THUGS IN OUR LANDS.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Etogist: 8:17am On May 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:
But what exactly are they doing with voters' cards?
Just to cash a cheque from the bank.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Innodon(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2017
BIGTinfotech:
Fegge!!!

The Ajegunle of Onitsha.
guess you haven't been to Onitsha before. ..what then would you call Okpoko
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by fairprincekenzy(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2017
DeadlyViper000:
[s][/s]
they're using it to prepare a rat poison concoction for the next miserable afonja to drink grin
-
You took savagery to a whole new level grin cheesy grin
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Okoroawusa: 11:39am On May 11, 2017
I thought there will be no elections in d south east.
IPOB y r u ppl like this...
If those youngmen killed by ur nonsense die in vain ehn!
Ife mu ga eme unu ehn!
Ndi ara!
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by Denko2721987(m): 12:49pm On May 11, 2017
Pls i am new to Lagos... Where do i register around or nearest to berger area that is currently registering..
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: Voters Registration At Onitsha South Anambra. Pic by BIGTinfotech: 5:06pm On May 11, 2017
Innodon:
guess you haven't been to Onitsha before. ..what then would you call Okpoko

Well...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Over 11,000 Benefiiciaries Of Npower In Ekiti Declare Support For Buhari / The Cable: Bafarawa: How I Rigged ANPP Primary For Buhari In 2003 / Buhari Reveals Plan For Politicians 'cheating And Looting' Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.