Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User (29031 Views)

Dogara, Adamu Adamu And Tinubu Held A Special Meeting In Abuja (Photo) / Adamu Adamu To Replace Abba Kyari As Buhari’s Chief Of Staff - Sahara Reporters / Adamu Adamu: I Worked As Buhari’s Speech Writer For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 9:11am On May 11, 2017
okunolaafeez:
We always leave things that are of our concerns in Nigeria and give undivided attention to the things that are worthless.
I'm a Muslim and I don't shake hands.
Can u give me a verse in bible where Jesus ordered the guys to shake hands with the ladies and I will wait.

You are even asking for too much.

While there are verses in the bible which stops women from even speaking in public (presumably male audience) tell them to provide a single verse which is against this, they will just be looking at you.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by feeloscar(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2017
thunder74:

The program is not a religious gathering but state official function. Somebody may sue him for discrimination except that this is Nigeria.
He that must eat cockroaches must have an antidote or ready to suffer bellyaches. If you want to lead in a secular Nigeria, be ready to treat all equally or "kuku" stay with your church or mosque Exco positions.
and who told u consumption of roaches leads to stomachache?ask the chinese to explain further.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 9:14am On May 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Are you okay?? Didn't I just mention that shaking hands is an act of courtesy? Seems you are confused. So shaking hands is now having sex abi? Hypocrites that do worse in secret! undecided

And calling people hypocrites because of their religious inclinations is another act of courtesy?

I can see you really learnt in school.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 9:16am On May 11, 2017
Einl:

If you love religion yet hate man...your religion is sh¡t.

The only way to go to heaven is to treat people well here on Earth

And treating people well is about shaking hands with women?

Nawa 4 this kind well treatment sha.

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nofuckgiven: 9:17am On May 11, 2017
nextprince:

And calling people hypocrites because of their religious inclinations is another act of courtesy?

I can see you really learnt in school.
Just shutup abeg. You lack words.

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by ahmgiggs: 9:18am On May 11, 2017
does it mean that because Nigeria is secular nation u should now disrespect your religion. why is it that when they ask u to pray in a general meeting why can't u pray in a secular language or communication rather than your religious way.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by nextprince: 9:20am On May 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Just shutup abeg. You lack words.

Words? Not just in the mood to talk.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by VULCAN(m): 9:21am On May 11, 2017
There is nothing wrong with Religion per se. The two universities you mentioned have religious roots.

The first college in Cambridge was founded by a Bishop and Yale was founded by some Puritans. Once upon a time Christianity was known for its attachment to knowledge and thirst for learning. Currently that cannot be said to be the case.

Where the problem comes in is when you combine Religion, illiteracy, poverty and a wicked heart, which is common in Africa and parts of the Middle East

This creates a deadly combination of unthinking zombie zealots who can be found in both Christianity and Islam especially here in Nigeria, although obviously there's more of such in Islam since it has never been known to stimulate intellectual activities on a memorable scale.

Religion built Dubai and Religion built Almajiri schools in northern Nigeria. I'm sure you can see the difference?

Let's compare the CV of the Junior Minister of Education with his superior Adamu Adamu. It will help us see how committed the present govt is to Education.

"Prof. Anthony Anwuka is a seasoned Professor of Education and an experienced Public Administrator who was once the Vice Chancellor of the Imo State University, Owerri for five years.

Anwuka did his doctorate degree programme in General Curriculum, System Analysis and Social Studies at the University of Washington Seattle, USA in 1977 and also his Masters in Educational Administration and Planning at the University of Portland, Oregon USA in 1975. At Fourah Bay, University of Serra Leone,(1974), where he studied English Language and Literature."

Let me stop here as the man's CV is too long and let's see Adamu's, according to Wikipedia:

"President Muhammadu Buhari appointed Adamu Adamu a well known journalist, and loyalist to the president as the minister for education in November 2015."

So a Prof. of Education is serving as a Junior Education minister to a Journalist.

What does that tell you?

ZombiePUNISHER:
Look at the extremists running the affairs of the country
No wonder we make no progress
Our educational system is a complete failure because it's being headed by old failures

They will all send their children to Cambridge and Yale [/b]all in a Christian country while using Islam to hold this country back

The youths need to rise up
[b]Religion cannot help Africa
It has done more harm than good
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nofuckgiven: 9:22am On May 11, 2017
nextprince:

Words? Not just in the mood to talk.
Who cares? Mtchewww!

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 9:39am On May 11, 2017
Experience is the best teacher, I no blame am..
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by ransomed: 10:24am On May 11, 2017
What do you expect from a Mallam? Are-bow- key. It is haram to shake women in public but halal (not haram) to "congo shine" them at night. Hypocrite..

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 10:29am On May 11, 2017
webincomeplus:

What did I prove? That few among other Muslims who have spoken against terrorism got killed. Yes, that's just to debunk the myth that the silence by other muslims is due to their support. (It's out of caution). Try to read between lines and comprehend well before commenting.

Are you telling me the whole Muslim population cannot protect those who speak against violence in it. The only way they won't be able to protect those who speak against it is if the ones who are meant to protect are radicals themselves. I believe I have made myself clear?

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Jesusloveyou: 10:33am On May 11, 2017
webincomeplus:
His choice. So, what? I know conservative Muslims who don't shake hands with non-related members of the opposite sex. I've also met conservative christians who don't do it. So, why should people make a big deal out of nothing?

It's quite funny how Nigerians prefer to search for the next person to criticize and vent their frustrations on rather than engage in activities that would better their own lives.
as a real Christian I don't do that also

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:38am On May 11, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
Look at the extremists running the affairs of the country
No wonder we make no progress
Our educational system is a complete failure because it's being headed by old failures

They will all send their children to Cambridge and Yale all in a Christian country while using Islam to hold this country back

The youths need to rise up
Religion cannot help Africa
It has done more harm than good

Please how is handshaking or not is your problem? I can decide to shake or not shake someone i have freedom to that? You might try to shake me and instead i decline and bow to you what will that change..
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Jesusloveyou: 10:39am On May 11, 2017
Einl:

If you love religion yet hate man...your religion is sh¡t.

The only way to go to heaven is to treat people well here on Earth
and what shall it profit a man to shake hand with woman.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Einl(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2017
nextprince:

Yes bros.
To shake hands with women is part of treating people well.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by sonsomegrigbo: 10:43am On May 11, 2017
thunder74:

The program is not a religious gathering but state official function. Somebody may sue him for discrimination except that this is Nigeria.
He that must eat cockroaches must have an antidote or ready to suffer bellyaches. If you want to lead in a secular Nigeria, be ready to treat all equally or "kuku" stay with your church or mosque Exco positions.

so immorality is part of secularism?

hope your ear rings are not too cheap?

Omo to social...
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Einl(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2017
nextprince:

Yes bros.
To shake hands with women is part of treating people well.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Einl(m): 10:45am On May 11, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
and what shall it profit a man to shake hand with woman.

And what shall it profit a man to shake hands with another man.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Danmaiduguri(m): 10:52am On May 11, 2017
MrBONE2:
WTF But can shake the Hands of his wivies and children
which ever religion u belong to, am sure u hav little or no knowledge about it
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Strawman: 11:06am On May 11, 2017
sunnysunny69:
That's his problem, American Vice President doesn't too and he's a Christian.

Because he didn't shake Hiliary Clinton that means he doesn't shake women? Or are you referring to when he said he doesn't stay alone with women when he's not with his wife? Cos I'm not understanding this your post
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:12am On May 11, 2017
GodIsFoolish:

This is a secular country and he is on official meeting, superstitions/any other rubbish believe should be kept aside,
this shows the man is not enlightened and shouldn't be any minister in a secular country talk-less of minister of Education,

HE IS AN EXTREMIST

So because he was a minister he should be handshaking just everybody? What happen to personal believe and freedom to do whatever he think is right for him? Like me i don't believe in marriage please which name will you call me?
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 11:25am On May 11, 2017
bkool7:

Even in English , courtesy demand that you don't. initiate hand shaking when it comes to females to avoid unnecessary embarrassement .If she offers you her hand then you can shake it.
Thats some of the things I learned in English class

Bull crap... I'm London based and no such nonsense exist. Not sure where you learnt your nonsense from. The Saudis when it suits them and they smell arms deal stretch their hands to shake women despite their radical version teaching against such. Feast your eyes with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO5JaliiPzA

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by webincomeplus(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
as a real Christian I don't do that also
@pneme, can you see the above?

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Bakrabas: 11:43am On May 11, 2017
The worshippers of Dead man on the cross will hate him...

Nkem4040:
Yoruba muslims will support him
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 11:47am On May 11, 2017
webincomeplus:

@pneme, can you see the above?

Scanned through that profile, I think you and I can honestly say the phrases, use of words etc used by that person do not equate to those of a Christian with a deep walk with God. (No harm intented).

Also you forgot to make mention of the denominations of the so called Christians that don't shake hands who you knew. I can boldly say they are a figment of your imagination...

I put imams in their place at speakers corner in the UK, so I think I can safely say you've still got loads of learning and catching up to do.

1 Like

Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by NabeelAbu: 11:50am On May 11, 2017
Islam does not allow handshaking with opposite sex. Take it or leave it. With the exception of one's relationship.
Re: Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User by Nobody: 11:51am On May 11, 2017
webincomeplus:

Cool. You can also take your hatred for Islam elsewhere. Enjoy your coffee and let me be.

Be bold dude, question your imams. Ask him why every suicide bomb on earth is carried out by Muslims. Ask him why is it that outside violent Jihad and high birth rates due to no use of contraception, Islam hasn't touched hearts?

I'll also warn you that your head might not be on its shoulders if you go down that route. With that fear in mind, ask yourself why you are sitting down there listening to the imam in the first place...

Be bold, you need it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amechi Bridge: Ugwuanyi wiped away my tears – Nwobodo / LP: I am Back As National Chairman, Restraining Order Set Aside – Abure / Fashola Inspects Rehbilitation Of Lagos Ring Road Bridge & 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.