Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,825 members, 7,817,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That (2191 Views)

Unizik Tuition Fee Is Still The Same For The Old Students, And For The New Students It Is Still The / Assistance On N.o.u.n (t.m.a) / Clearance And Payment Of Acceptance Fee For Newly Admitted Students In Uniben In Uniben (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by Obinoscopy(m): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2010
The VC fixed 25K as the fee everyone who gained provisional admission in UNN must pay before their admission will be confirmed. Lasts years Acceptance Fee was 6k thus the increase was even more than 300 percent!
One wonders what the School Fees will be like if the Acceptance Fee is 25K.
Fellow Nairalanders, the world needs to know your view on this. You might say that it does not concern you since you are not in the school but if this vice is not corrected, it will definitely spread to other schools. Lets air our views now so that a change might come.
God bless UNN, God bless the Various Universities in Nigeria, God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by Moneyline(m): 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2010
God will save o
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by jamebex(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2010
For goodness sake this is outrageous and should not be welcomed pls authorities should speak pls ohh
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by fabby26(m): 9:58am On Jan 12, 2010
This is a new form of extortion. Imagine UNN acceptance fee being far more than other schools' fees both private, fedral and state.To my own opinion it is supposed to be the cheapest for two reasons. It is University of Nigeria and secondly it is a fedral Institutiuon.Even the so called Nigeria's premier University{UNIBADAN} has not imposed such exorbitant fee on students and parents knowing the harsh condition of our economy.It is CAPITAL extortion and shld be checked b4 things run out of hand. E get as e dey do this VC for body self! He started wit imposing students wit N10K as supplementary advert fee,which is even free in most schools. HE SHLD BE CHECKED PLS. Relevant authorities pls take note!
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by ndukwuik(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
My dear, this is not only ridiculous, but inhuman and sheer wickedness. How can a school which is supposed to restore the dignity of man charge as much as 25 k just for acceptance. How I wish am among the relevant authoritieis, I will simply send the Vc packing. He is such a greedy and inconsiderate fellow. Doesn,t he want us to go to school any longer, ITS TOOO BAD!
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by Nomswilli(m): 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
Has any 1 done d aceptance? Kos i tried d supposd website(unnportal.Com).And there no link 2 any acceptance, Pls i need info 4rm any 1 who has don it.Tanx.
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by finidinwa1: 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
PLS THIS MAN SHOULD BE CHECKED SAME MAN WHO CHAIRED NUGA WITHOUT ACCOUNTING FOR THE UNFINISHED STADIUM PROJECT. THIS MAN AND MONEY NA WAOOH I HERE HE WANT EVEN PUT SCHOOL FEES TO N80,000
PLS SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE FAST OOOOOOOOOOOH
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by dejo2007(m): 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
Frankly speaking, this is very outrageous.
Anyway we have no choice than to accept.
Lets pray he does not extend that to school fees and others!
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by Obinoscopy(m): 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
I hereby invite the EFCC to arrest him! He is a crook. He has embezzled the NUGA games money now he wants to embezzle the Fresh Students money as well. God wont allow it!
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by Nomswilli(m): 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2010
I have just acepted mine.,so guys wen is d reg. starting?
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by ELDINO: 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2010
Forumites,pls does any1 no which DIAMOND BANK BRANCH IN ENUGU,where dis card culd be purchased.I culdn't get de card in UYO,where i reside.De LION i sent money 2 in UNEC went & call 2 tell me the card was no where 2 be found;Rather he shld checkback next tuesday and time's fast running out.I TIRE O-O.
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by Obinoscopy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2010
It seems most people have so much money to play with. I thought 25K was so much money but the way our fellow nairalanders are rushing to the banks suggest otherwise?
I hear the school fees will be around 80K, I trust that they will be able to afford that also. May God help us!
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by cerbury: 9:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
Ooleeeeee, They are thieves, they are no longer offering qualitative education but extortions. The fact is that, Nigerian Admission Seekers are very much desperate in getting into Federal Varsities (High Demand) compared to what the school took before (lesser price/cost of tuition) i.e Demand for admission outstrips supply, thus they increase the "ACCEPTANCE Fee" pls, can someone tell me what this fee is meant for? it has no record. The simple meaning is THE PRICE FOR YOUR ADMISSION pay it otherwise it will be given to another person who I'm sure, will pay 100K or 80K whatsoever. Our President is sick, we do not know much about the state of his health, why wont the rats in the house behave as they want when the fox is away. God will catch them if EFCC refuses to see this.
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by Obinoscopy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ Cerbury I agree with you 100%
If the senate really have the future of the youths in mind let them summon the VC of UNN to explain the reason behind the 25K he is charging the freshers and what he intends doing with the money. If they can summon Bank Officials on the rate of retrenchment they should also do same with the VC of UNN.
I'm also appealing to Seun to include this topic on the Home Page so that the world will know how Nigerians feel about this extortion
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by fabby26(m): 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2010
I'm quite suprised to hear pple say that they have no choice than to accept such an outrageous amount as acceptance fee. frankly speaking,u' ve a right as a student because witout the students,that so called greedy VC will not be in that office,so both are important and the respect and attention of both parties(students & lecturers) should be observed.At least the negotiations shuld 've involved the student Union before delibrating on the unnecessary increment. Pls for those of u rushing to pay and denying urself ur right as a student.think twice.All hands are nt equal,so nt all hands can afford.
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by Obinoscopy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2010
UNN witnessed violence today due to the acts of the VC. I heard properties worth millions of naira were destroyed. My recommendation to the VC if he cherishes his reputation is to revert back to the old fees effectively immediately
Re: U.n.n Acceptance Fee Is 25 Thousand Naira! What Is Your View On That by olalekan1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2010
It is not only UNN even University of Agriculture Abeokuta imposed 25k as acceptance fee or may be the school fees is included.

(1) (Reply)

Student Final Year Project Topic On Mis / Fedpoffa 2016/2017 Admission portal / Lagooz Schools - Lagos: Admission In Progress Into Jss 1 And Other Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.