Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,160 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed (1739 Views)

Oshiomhole: No More Excuses, APC Now Fully In Charge / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH) / 'Kwara Is Fully PDP' - Bukola Saraki Says As He Storms Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by philpwresh(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2017
A day after the Senate rejected President Muhammadu Buha­ri’s naming of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as Coordinating Vice President, the Information Minster, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has confirmed that Osinbajo is fully in charge of the country’s affairs as the Acting President.

The Senate had on Tuesday turned down the request of Bu­hari that Osinbajo should oper­ate as Coordinating Vice Presi­dent while he is away in London for medical vacation.
The Upper House insist­ed that Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) was very clear on the status of the Vice President once the Presi­
dent transmits to the National Assembly that he would be un­able to perform the functions of his office for any reason.
Consequently, the Senate af­firmed Osinbajo as Acting Pres­ident and overruled Buhari on the matter.

But reacting to the devel­opment on Wednesday after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC), Mohammed de­scribed the uproar in the Senate over Buhari’s letter as a “need­less distraction.”
Buhari’s letter stated: “In compliance with Section 145 (1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), I wish to inform the distinguished Senate that I will be away for a scheduled medi­cal follow-up with my doctors in London. The length of my stay will be determined by the doctor’s advice.

“While I am away, the Vice President will coordinate the ac­tivities of the government.”
The wording in the letter was remarkably different from his previous letters in similar circumstances in which he ex­pressly stated that Osinbajo would be Acting President in his stead.

The controversy over this second letter started when it was read out in the Senateon Tues­day but Senate President Buko­la Saraki overruled any contra­ry interpretation, declaring that Osinbajo is Acting President and not coordinator of govern­ment activities as insinuated.
Asked by State House correspondents to clear the air over the matter on Wednesday, after the Council meeting which Osinbajo chaired, Mohammed said that the controversy was unnecessary.
He stressed that the import of the section of the Constitu­tion which was cited in the let­ter was clear enough to convey the message that “Osinbajo is in charge while Buhari is away.”
According to Mohammed, ”It is a needless controversy; it’s just a distraction. The operative sentence is that ‘in compliance of Section 145, sub-section (1)’. So, any other word used is not relevant.”

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by SweetJoystick(m): 8:33am On May 11, 2017
I hope so, time will tell anyway
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by sarrki(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2017
It's Audible to the deaf

Visiblet to the blind

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by sarrki(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2017
predictscore01:
Lair Mohammed

Spotted

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by hucienda: 8:41am On May 11, 2017
When this man says one thing, just know he means the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by sleepyeyez(m): 8:41am On May 11, 2017
If only I knew lying was a worthwhile skill while growing up, Who knows how quickly I would have lied myself to the top.
Our minister of information na testimony na. Doing good for himself

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by thesicilian: 8:47am On May 11, 2017
Since this is coming from Lai Mohammed, does that mean that Osinbajo is really not in charge?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by mikeycharles(m): 8:48am On May 11, 2017
Ancient news
#Osinbajoforthemoney
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by sarrki(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2017
SweetJoystick:
I hope so, time will tell anyway

The only thing PMB did not handover to Osinbajo is Aisha. And I can't blame him for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by nerodenero: 8:55am On May 11, 2017
This settles the argument.
Consequently, the Senate af­firmed Osinbajo as Acting Pres­ident and overruled Buhari on the matter
grin cheesy grin cheesy. Fear dey catch Bubu and his handlers. Na una presence the Ijebu man go dey give una order.

This clearly shows that PMB was not happy with the increasing popularity his Vice gained in his absence, the reason he reduced or limited his powers by using the term Cordinating and not the usual Acting President. I believe there is no stopping the President-in-waiting from actualizing his dreams and making history. It is simply a bad news for all anti-Acting President.
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by IgboAmakaa(f): 8:55am On May 11, 2017
grin grin ;DD

Am I d one DAT suppose to b in charge before

May b we are missing something
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by mazimee(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2017
Coming from Mr Lai Muhammed himself , Lie is the word.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by sunnysunny69(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2017
we all know and are behind you, some people can only be jealous.
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by argon500: 9:01am On May 11, 2017
I guess you are the new Lie lai in town.. Which senate rejected the letter?
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Flagilator: 9:17am On May 11, 2017
Consequently, the Senate affirmed Osinbajo as Acting President and overruled Buhari on the matter.
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:20am On May 11, 2017
argon500:

I guess you are the new Lie lai in town.. Which senate rejected the letter?

lol
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Tarnisis(m): 9:46am On May 11, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by myboy2010(m): 11:31am On May 11, 2017
Iffa hear
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Arda1000(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2017
mazimee:
Coming from Mr Lai Muhammed himself , Lie is the word.
He has a degree in lieology😁😁😁😁😂😂
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Arda1000(m): 2:37pm On May 11, 2017
So mr. Lie why was named the coordinator (might be conductor)
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by ModsWillKillNL: 3:37pm On May 11, 2017
The flatttiess from the yeast are a just a hopeless, envious bunch creating controversies where they dont exist.
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Arda1000(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:
The flatttiess from the yeast are a just a hopeless, envious bunch creating controversies where they dont exist.
Slowly there crawling out of their brown roofs in oshogbo

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by ModsWillKillNL: 3:56pm On May 11, 2017
Arda1000:
Slowly there crawling out of their brown roofs in oshogbo

It's 'they are' not 'there'.

Olodo flattieee!
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Arda1000(m): 4:06pm On May 11, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

It's 'they are' not 'there'.
Olodo flattieee!
Ewuru speaking like ure perfect
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by ModsWillKillNL: 4:09pm On May 11, 2017
Arda1000:
Ewuru speaking like ure perfect

That's no typographical error. To the flattties, 'they're' is the same as 'their' or 'there'.
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Arda1000(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

That's no typographical error. To the flattties, 'they're' is the same as 'their' or 'there'.
For your stupid mind u get mouth with your shape less skull
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by ModsWillKillNL: 4:13pm On May 11, 2017
Arda1000:

Olodo flatttiee!

Try and post correct English.
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Arda1000(m): 4:18pm On May 11, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

For your stupid mind u get mouth with your cat like face

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by ModsWillKillNL: 4:21pm On May 11, 2017
Arda1000:

Olodo flatttieee!
Use correct English
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Arda1000(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Olodo flatttieee!
Use correct English
Like you're a brit😂😂😂. English is your mother tongue huh?
Re: Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed by Arda1000(m): 4:33pm On May 11, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Olodo flatttieee!
Use correct English
Like you're a brit😂😂😂 Is English your mother tongue?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG And Agip To Build $15bn Refinery And Power Plant In Niger Delta / See More Photos Of The Cow Named Buhari That Ipob Gave Kanu / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Tribune Newspaper Headlines [8th September, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.