Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Domainking.ng, Bad Domain Business Practice Exposed… - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domainking.ng, Bad Domain Business Practice Exposed… (1037 Views)

Domain Business. ..how Do I Start / Lucrative Domain Business In A Box (video) / Domain Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domainking.ng, Bad Domain Business Practice Exposed… by fetch(m): 8:54am On May 12, 2017
I know that this company (domainking.ng) might become more popular than they were after publishing this post, because some people that have not known about them will read this post. Nevertheless, I don’t mind making them popular!
Writing of this post is necessitated by the ugly experience I had with this company, it is obvious that domainking.ng is practicing the same act that almost put goddady.com in bad light some years back, that made bluehost.com took over the first position from them in the US domain name business.
Even though goddady have stopped the practice before now, the world, indeed Americans no longer have confidence in them. Therefore, domainking should change their ways now else they will loss Nigerians confidence and possibly loss the premier position they are enjoying now.
Sometimes last year, I conducted a domain name search at domainking.ng, and after few days I went back to the site to register the name, I was surprise to know that the domain name was no longer available.
As if that was not enough, I conducted other searches, but could not see a name that catch my attention, talk less of registering it. Another day I got an inspiration about a possibly available name and visited the site, searched for the name and it was available.
Then transferred some money into my debit card account the next day to enable me register the domain name, I got back the site after the money has been transferred just to discover that the domain name has been taking again.
In addition, when I conducted a whois search on that domain name, I found out that it was a Nigerian that registered it immediately after I conducted the name search and left the site. From that moment, I knew that anytime anybody searched for a domain name on domainking.ng and he or she do not register it immediately, is either the company registers such name themselves or send message to a third party that will register it.
And I am not happy with this act because I think is a breach of trust; it is a fraudulent act, and an abuse of people’s intellectual property that should be condemned by all and sundry. On this premise, I am using this medium to warn Nigerians about the danger this act poses, and you should not go to domainking.ng whenever you want to conduct a domain name search if you are not registry it immediately, unless you do not take your intellectual property business seriously.
See you next time.
Re: Domainking.ng, Bad Domain Business Practice Exposed… by iykepromotions: 10:50am On May 12, 2017
Have witnessed it with Godaddy and I still advice till today; if you're not yet ready to buy that domain immediately, don't search for it @ Godaddy. just go to whois.
as for domainking, if they're doing such, that's a very bad idea.
Re: Domainking.ng, Bad Domain Business Practice Exposed… by Otradearena: 11:10am On May 12, 2017
If truly , that very bad
Re: Domainking.ng, Bad Domain Business Practice Exposed… by DomainKingTeam: 11:45am On May 12, 2017
fetch:
I know that this company (domainking.ng) might become more popular than they were after publishing this post, because some people that have not known about them will read this post. Nevertheless, I don’t mind making them popular!
Writing of this post is necessitated by the ugly experience I had with this company, it is obvious that domainking.ng is practicing the same act that almost put goddady.com in bad light some years back, that made bluehost.com took over the first position from them in the US domain name business.
Even though goddady have stopped the practice before now, the world, indeed Americans no longer have confidence in them. Therefore, domainking should change their ways now else they will loss Nigerians confidence and possibly loss the premier position they are enjoying now.
Sometimes last year, I conducted a domain name search at domainking.ng, and after few days I went back to the site to register the name, I was surprise to know that the domain name was no longer available.
As if that was not enough, I conducted other searches, but could not see a name that catch my attention, talk less of registering it. Another day I got an inspiration about a possibly available name and visited the site, searched for the name and it was available.
Then transferred some money into my debit card account the next day to enable me register the domain name, I got back the site after the money has been transferred just to discover that the domain name has been taking again.
In addition, when I conducted a whois search on that domain name, I found out that it was a Nigerian that registered it immediately after I conducted the name search and left the site. From that moment, I knew that anytime anybody searched for a domain name on domainking.ng and he or she do not register it immediately, is either the company registers such name themselves or send message to a third party that will register it.
And I am not happy with this act because I think is a breach of trust; it is a fraudulent act, and an abuse of people’s intellectual property that should be condemned by all and sundry. On this premise, I am using this medium to warn Nigerians about the danger this act poses, and you should not go to domainking.ng whenever you want to conduct a domain name search if you are not registry it immediately, unless you do not take your intellectual property business seriously.
See you next time.

Hi Fetch,
I am Karan from DomainKing.NG.

I want to clearly state that we are not involved in any such bad practice of grabbing domain searched by our clients.

Please note that when ever any registrant searches a domain on our website then it is checked directly from the Registry whois for availability. If the searched domain name is available for registration it will show as available & anyone searching that domain name can go ahead with the registration. This is the standard process with any Domain Name Registrar.

If the domain is available then it can be registered by anyone in any part of the world.

Kindly note that if your domain was registered by some other person before you could register it, then it does not mean it was registered by us. This is because we don't store your search logs or provide any information to any third party to register any domain searched by our clients.

We use the industry standard CRM named WHMCS from our billing and domain backend operations like domain whois search.

Normally the Registrars that follow this bad practice are involved in the business of Domain Auctioning & Parking of domains for profit. We are not involved in any such business. So it does not even make sense for us to register a domain searched by our client.

Please note that any domain name can be registered by anyone in the world on first come first serve basis. If the domain name is available then anyone can register that domain name. And it is very harsh to falsely accuse us of such a bad practice.

We always recommend our clients to pay via their card for immediate service activation. If you pay using your card then there would be an instant activation of service. But in case of offline payment method you would need to wait for few hours as we need to track Bank payments.

If your domain was not registered after making the payment or it registered by some other client then you are fully entitled to get the refund as domain registration service was not delivered to you. But please note that this does not mean that the domain was registered by us.

Many Domainers and Bloggers use our service because of our transparency and trust. We would never involve in any such bad practice that would lead to bad reputation or loss of trust.

We have also never received any such complaint from any client before this. We totally understand the value of intellectual property for our clients, so we would never involve ourselves in such a practice.

Also, it is hard to point out the exact reason how your searched domain was registered by someone else. But I want to assure you that we are not involved in any such practice.

We are always open to any criticism that helps us improve our service to our clients. But the accusation that you are making is false & can cause loss of trust in our service. So we request to please always clarify any such misunderstanding with our support first before making such harsh post on a public forum. I hope you understand that such a post can cause loss of business trust & brand image with anyone who is reading this post.

I request you to please contact our support with the domain name/s that you had searched on our website. You can email at support@domainking.ng or also get in touch with Live chat on our website. We will look into the issue and clarify your misunderstanding.

We await your reply to resolve your misunderstanding.

Best Regards,
Karan,
DomainKing.NG

CC: iykepromotions, Otradearena
Re: Domainking.ng, Bad Domain Business Practice Exposed… by sanni4susx(m): 7:21am On Dec 29, 2019
iykepromotions:
Have witnessed it with Godaddy and I still advice till today; if you're not yet ready to buy that domain immediately, don't search for it @ Godaddy. just go to whois.
as for domainking, if they're doing such, that's a very bad idea.
Pls can u train me on making first domain sales

(1) (Reply)

Cash Deposit, Alibaba And Aboki Accounts Available / Check Out These Fabulous Ushers / How Can I Manage Purewater Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.